toldailytopic "Evolutionary theory isn't about the origin of life"

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Is the origin of species the origin of life? Yes or No?

No. Evolution is about how species change over time through the study of such things as anatomy, molecular biology, biogeography, fossils, and so on. Unfortunately, the conditions required for the processes that leads to fossilization are a rare occurrence, and the fossil record is incomplete and only goes back so far. We have no record of the first life form to exist on this planet. If we did, then perhaps we could find out how it came to be.

Arthur Brain

I take that as "Yes, species are life."

You just got done telling me that "Yes, species are life," and now you are telling me that "Nooooo, evolution is not the cause of life." So, you're telling me that evolution is not the cause of species.

Wow, you still need it spelling out?

Evolution is not the cause of life, at all. That simple.

Cntrysner

Failure to meet your subjective expectations doesn't count as any failure as far as I'm concerned. Your accusations of cowardice mean squat. What "self interest" do I have exactly?

Your failure to question your own so called belief is a concern of mine because you have no foundation. You are caught in a middle where there is nothing for you in the end. Your self interest is that you don't have to face the consequences of decision and choose to excuse yourself.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Wow, you still need it spelling out?

Evolution is not the cause of life, at all. That simple.

Since you have just told me that evolution is not the cause of species, I have two more questions for you:
  1. What is the cause of species?
  2. What is evolution the cause of?

Arthur Brain

Your failure to question your own so called belief is a concern of mine because you have no foundation. You are caught in a middle where there is nothing for you in the end. Your self interest is that you don't have to face the consequences of decision and choose to excuse yourself.

Wow, that's one whole load of presumption you have going on there. Do you have some sort of telepathic insight into other people's lives and what they think and feel? I've questioned beliefs many a time in my life and I'm not shy about facing consequences either. There's been plenty of times where I've had to live with them for both good and ill in my life. So, if you're quite done with your pious judgement that has nothing to do with the topic at hand I'll wait for something relevant.

Arthur Brain

Since you have just told me that evolution is not the cause of species, I have two more questions for you:

Evolution is not the cause of life. Evolution explains how life has evolved. How many more times...

:dizzy:

7djengo7

Is the origin of species the origin of life? Yes or No?

Does the origin of life occur when the origin of species occurs?
Which, if either, has its origin before the other: life or species?

We have no record of the first life form to exist on this planet. If we did, then perhaps we could find out how it came to be.

By "life form", do you mean species? If not, then what (if anything) do you mean?

genuineoriginal

From previous ancestors, going back as far as can be determined based on the available physical evidence (anatomy, molecular biology, biogeography, fossils, direct observation...).

Anatomy, molecular biology, biogeography, fossils, direct observation, etc. do not show that humans have a common ancestor with aubergines.

Cntrysner

Wow, that's one whole load of presumption you have going on there. Do you have some sort of telepathic insight into other people's lives and what they think and feel? I've questioned beliefs many a time in my life and I'm not shy about facing consequences either. There's been plenty of times where I've had to live with them for both good and ill in my life. So, if you're quite done with your pious judgement that has nothing to do with the topic at hand I'll wait for something relevant.

You have no relativity at this point which is observable and here's your chance to tell us your basis of belief. How do you perceive life began? Who are you?

Arthur Brain

You already said that. So far, you've not answered either of these two questions that I asked you:

Life evolves, through evolution.

See above.

Honestly, it's like having a conversation with Sonic The Hedgehog although a lot less fun and a lot less interesting...

:plain:

Arthur Brain

You have no relativity at this point which is observable and here's your chance to tell us your basis of belief. How do you perceive life began? Who are you?

As far as I'm concerned you have no relevance at this point. Not interested in your personal opinions about me or your presumptions. I have no interest in pretending to know who you are or labelling you by the same token. Science itself is the topic at hand.

7djengo7

Life evolves, through evolution.

See above.

So far, you have not answered the two questions I asked you:

Honestly, it's like having a conversation with Sonic The Hedgehog although a lot less fun and a lot less interesting...

:plain:

I actually believe that you're being honest in your complaint about how little fun you're having, here, because, as you and I both know, you're embarrassed by those two questions.:)

Just fill in the blanks with the answers to the two questions I asked you:
  1. What is the cause of species? __________ is the cause of species.
  2. Evolution is the cause of what? Evolution is the cause of __________.

Arthur Brain

So far, you have not answered the two questions I asked you:

I actually believe that you're being honest in your complaint about how little fun you're having, here, because, as you and I both know, you're embarrassed by those two questions.:)

Just fill in the blanks with the answers to the two questions I asked you:
  1. What is the cause of species? __________ is the cause of species.
  2. Evolution is the cause of what? Evolution is the cause of __________.

Heck, I'd gladly have a conversation with Mario or Crash Bandicoot at this point.

Dude, you embarrassed yourself with this thread, showing a complete misunderstanding of what evolution is about. The fact that species evolve has nothing to do with how life itself originated which was the initial premise of this completely ill thought out thread.

That's nobody else's fault but yours.

Cntrysner

As far as I'm concerned you have no relevance at this point. Not interested in your personal opinions about me or your presumptions. I have no interest in pretending to know who you are or labelling you by the same token. Science itself is the topic at hand.

If you are not interested in others opinion then why are you here? Science is the topic and it is based on observations in what it can see and the more it sees the more it has to break what it sees down to smaller and smaller parts. You as a scientific man must do the same to be honest with yourself.

Do you agree with this....

Gen_1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Heck, I'd gladly have a conversation with Mario or Crash Bandicoot at this point.

Dude, you embarrassed yourself with this thread, showing a complete misunderstanding of what evolution is about. The fact that species evolve has nothing to do with how life itself originated which was the initial premise of this completely ill thought out thread.

That's nobody else's fault but yours.
This coming from someone who, when pressed, can't answer simple, easy to answer questions.

:kookoo: