toldailytopic:Girl with mental illnesses is now the face of the Global Warming hoax

genuineoriginal

You seem certain that global warming claims are a hoax.
Yes.
I have live through some of the decades that had higher global temperatures than the recent ones.
I have heard the news stories about thousands of people who died because of the heat waves and high temperatures.

“It has been said that a man with an argument is no match for a man with an experience.”
― DC Talk the Voice of the Martyrs, Jesus Freaks

We just are not getting the kind of warm temperatures lately that we have in the past.

The_Des_Moines_Register_Tue__Jul_14__1936_-711x1024.jpg

Image0909162019.png

The_Gazette_Mon__Jul_13__1936_-824x1024.jpg

Image1498_shadow-768x580.png

genuineoriginal

She doesn't necessarily have to have OCD.

In defense of Greta Thunberg

16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg, a Swedish native born with Asperger's syndrome and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

You dishonestly shortened your quote of my words.
Nothing dishonest about picking the relevant statements and ignoring the garbage.

You're the one who called her out as the "girl with mental illnesses."
Why do you define her this way?
The fact is that her mental illnesses drove her to take a boat across the Atlantic ocean to speak about the Global Warming Hoax.

is how you try to ... Put her in her place.
If you listened to what Greta Thunberg said, her place is in school and not speaking about the Global Warming Hoax in front of cameras.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I have live through some of the decades that had higher global temperatures than the recent ones.

Do you agree with science which says that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and that increasing levels of CO2 in the atmosphere lead to increasing the greenhouse effect?

The fact is that her mental illnesses drove her to take a boat across the Atlantic ocean to speak about the Global Warming Hoax.

Assuming that she really understands and agrees with the climate science, her activism would be motivated by a desire for self-preservation and therefore could be totally rational.

genuineoriginal

'She should be getting treatment': Leading Australian psychologist says he's worried about the mental well-being of 'entitled' autistic climate change poster girl Greta Thunberg

A leading psychologist has voiced his concern about the mental well-being of autistic teenage climate change activist Greta Thunberg.

Dr Carr-Gregg said he was wary of Greta's Asperger's and history of mental health in his analysis of the teenager, who he believes has a 'sense of entitlement'.

'I am worried that we use a kid like this, who arguably should be getting treatment because she's said she's had anorexia, said she's got Asperger's and said she's battled depression,' he said.

Dr Carr-Gregg said he was worried about Greta's future, her current psychological health and how it would impact other young people.

Dr Carr-Gregg said he didn't think children should be used as 'political props'.

'My criticism isn't so much of her, but her parents and the climate change activists who use her shamelessly and I think that the Left can be somewhat hypocritical at times,' he said.

genuineoriginal

Do you agree with science which says that CO2 is a greenhouse gas

GREENHOUSE GASES
There are ten primary GHGs; of these, water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), and nitrous oxide (N2O) are naturally occurring. Perfluorocarbons (CF6, C2F6), hydroflurocarbons (CHF3, CF3CH2F, CH3CHF2), and sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) are only present in the atmosphere due to industrial processes.

The only one that actually has any effect on global warming is water vapor.
and that increasing levels of CO2 in the atmosphere lead to increasing the greenhouse effect?
No, I am not a fool to believe that nonsense.

But, you are missing some very important pieces of the Global Warming Hoax.
The Hoaxers claim that burning of fossil fuels is causing Global Warming, but they completely ignore any natural causes of increases in CO2 and are completely unable to give any answers to how much of the rise in CO2 is the result of burning fossil fuels, how much of the imaginary increase in temperature is due to the burning of fossil fuels, how burning of fossil fuels is responsible for us coming out of a mini ice age, how selling "carbon credits" can affect the levels of water vapor (and CO2) in the atmosphere to reverse Global Warming, and a lot of other questions that the rational people have been asking.

There is absolutely no reason to destroy the economies of the wealthiest nations in order to combat Global Warming unless someone can prove that it is actually needed and that reversing Global Warming is a desirable outcome.

There is only one identified optimum climate in all of history, the Holocene climatic optimum, and we still haven't reached the concentrations of CO2 and the temperatures of that time period.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

GREENHOUSE GASES
There are ten primary GHGs; of these, water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), and nitrous oxide (N2O) are naturally occurring. Perfluorocarbons (CF6, C2F6), hydroflurocarbons (CHF3, CF3CH2F, CH3CHF2), and sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) are only present in the atmosphere due to industrial processes.

The only one that actually has any effect on global warming is water vapor.

No, I am not a fool to believe that nonsense.

If you agree that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, how do you not agree that increasing amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere will increase the greenhouse effect?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

In defense of Greta Thunberg

16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg, a Swedish native born with Asperger's syndrome and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I wasn’t aware of that.

Nothing dishonest about picking the relevant statements and ignoring the garbage.

When you change the meaning, it’s dishonest.

If you listened to what Greta Thunberg said, her place is in school and not speaking about the Global Warming Hoax in front of cameras.

You’re a great illustration of the male rage she faces from the right. You can’t control her therefore you’ll do what you can to knock her down, put her in her place, denigrate her, and otherwise show her as much scorn and derision as you can. Quite simply, what you’re doing could be considered emotional abuse, and more damaging than anything you *claim* has been done to her by people who care enough to listen to her.

genuineoriginal

If you agree that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, how do you not agree that increasing amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere will increase the greenhouse effect?
The percentage of water vapor in air ranges from 0.2% to 4%
The percentage of carbon dioxide in air is 0.04% and carbon dioxide does not block any wavelengths that are not already blocked by the water vapor in the air.

genuineoriginal

When you change the meaning, it’s dishonest.
Original
this is how you try to knock her down. Put her in her place.
Modified
is how you try to ... Put her in her place.
I didn't change the meaning by removing a useless rant.
You can’t control her
I don't want to control her, that is what the people who put her in front of the cameras do.
you’ll do what you can to knock her down, put her in her place, denigrate her, and otherwise show her as much scorn and derision as you can.
My scorn and derision is for the Global Warming Hoaxers who chose to humiliate that girl by taking advantage of her disabilities to make her the face of the Global Warming scare.

You’re a great illustration of the male rage
Typical third wave feminist response.
thumb_reeeeeeeeeeeee-memegenerator-net-reeeeeeeeeeeee-raging-pepe-meme-generator-50040484.png

Do you have any original thoughts in your head, or can you only repeat the propaganda you have been fed like a good NPC?
7zf6Pg-Tz_esdM8SaCia-21LmI-DiOU6qhzvkYJ4h_SKXf7zKcPBypjA_-OMYpVw8suZ4Q=s152

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The percentage of water vapor in air ranges from 0.2% to 4%
The percentage of carbon dioxide in air is 0.04% and carbon dioxide does not block any wavelengths that are not already blocked by the water vapor in the air.

Infrared radiation absorption for water vapor and carbon dioxide is not even. Water vapor absorbs radiation mainly in the 18 to 30 micrometer band, allowing most of the rest to escape into space. But CO2 absorbs radiation in a different range: 8 to 18 micrometers. CO2 absorbs and reflects back to earth infrared radiation that water vapor would allow to pass through the atmosphere and into outer space.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

You're not doing it right.

My original:

There's a reason she's called a "girl with mental illnesses," and it's an attempt by neurotypical right-wingers to ostracize her.

After you "Modified" it so you could tell me not to mock her:

There's a reason she's called a "girl with mental illnesses,"

The reason is because her disorders are classified as mental illnesses, so don't mock her.

That's dishonest.

My scorn and derision is for the Global Warming Hoaxers who chose to humiliate that girl by taking advantage of her disabilities to make her the face of the Global Warming scare.

You're confabulating.

Typical third wave feminist response.
thumb_reeeeeeeeeeeee-memegenerator-net-reeeeeeeeeeeee-raging-pepe-meme-generator-50040484.png

Do you have any original thoughts in your head, or can you only repeat the propaganda you have been fed like a good NPC?
7zf6Pg-Tz_esdM8SaCia-21LmI-DiOU6qhzvkYJ4h_SKXf7zKcPBypjA_-OMYpVw8suZ4Q=s152

Said as you post the highly unoriginal Pepe and npc memes.... :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
A couple comments seen on Twitter, hashtag AutisticsForGreta:

Like I said, she's doing what she wants to do.

genuineoriginal

Infrared radiation absorption for water vapor and carbon dioxide is not even. Water vapor absorbs radiation mainly in the 18 to 30 micrometer band, allowing most of the rest to escape into space. But CO2 absorbs radiation in a different range: 8 to 18 micrometers. CO2 absorbs and reflects back to earth infrared radiation that water vapor would allow to pass through the atmosphere and into outer space.

Earth’s Energy Balance

With the sun directly overhead and clear skies, earth’s surface receives about 1,000 watts per meter² shortwave radiation during mid-latitude summer. If you could convert that into electricity with 100% efficiency, that would power ten 100 watt light bulbs at noon. During winter, that is reduced to 300 watts per meter² on a clear day at noon. A rooftop covered with solar panels can potentially generate a lot of electricity – when conditions are optimal.

Using the AER RRTM model, I calculated the amount of longwave radiation reaching the ground during mid-latitude summer, is 349 watts per meter². About 97% of that is due to water vapor, and 3% is due to CO2.

During mid-latitude winter, the amount of downwelling longwave radiation is 224 watts per meter² – about 89% due to water vapor and 11% due to CO2. CO2 has more effect during winter, because there is less H2O in the atmosphere competing for the same wavelengths of longwave radiation.
GreenhouseEffect_shadow.jpg

EarthsRadiativeBudget_shadow-1.jpg

During winter, the sun is relatively less important and the greenhouse effect is relatively more important.
DownwellingRadiation_shadow.jpg

Now consider the Antarctic winter. There is no shortwave radiation (blue) and very little H2O (red) in the atmosphere to emit longwave radiation. Thus there is little downwelling radiation – and extremely cold temperatures.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Did she buy/rent the cameras, photographers, and air time?
No?

The adults with the money could have just refused to put her in front of cameras, but they acted like entitled jerks instead and took advantage of her.

i don't blame the dopey, over-emotional kid, i blame the adults who are profiting from exploiting her