toldailytopic: Do you believe in ghosts?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I said this...

Nope.

Spirits as in angels or demons that work for or against the purposes of God, yes.

People who have died are not able to communicate with the living.

You immediately said this.

"Samuel said to Saul, 'Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?' "
1Samuel 28:15

You obviously challenged the words I said that it is NOT acceptable to drum up spirits OR you would have left it alone or offered your own interpretation of the event concerning Samuel and Saul.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3461101&postcount=61

Would you like to try that again? You made no comment as to conjuring being unacceptable, only that it could not occur to which I posted Scripture stating otherwise.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3460170&postcount=18

If all you can manage is scurrilous and inaccurate attacks, perhaps you should quit!

Well I would think miss great wise one that you would know that the words I said implied that it was unacceptable. Sure you found THE Scripture where it did happen and yet offered nothing to make sure that other readers understood that it was a ONE time deal.

So let me ask you now Lemon Pie, is it acceptable now just because God allowed it to happen once?

glorydaz

Apparently, you've had no exposure to the Roman Catholic, Episcopal, Anglican, Methodist, Lutheran, Reformed and a smattering of other Protestant churches. That's a wide acceptance whether you wish to agree to it or not.
Anyone who believes that no one preceded Yeshua into heaven is totally ignoring Scripture. Enoch? Elijah? Moses? Abraham?...and probably many more.

I'm not stating that the term for Paradise (Abraham's bosom or side) is inappropriate. I'm stating that Abraham went to Heaven when he died, not to some holding place. I don't hold with Rabbinic teaching found in Talmud.

I have no interest in what the Rabbis teach or what the Catholic Church teaches, but I do know what the Scripture says. It says that none preceded Jesus into heaven.

John 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Enoch, Elijah, Moses, and Abraham did not go to heaven, they all lived out their days and were buried. The fact they were transported to another locality, as in the case of Enoch and Elijah, or their graves hidden, as in the case of Moses, or Abraham who was buried beside Sarah, does not mean they preceded the Lord into heaven.

Genesis 25:10
The field which Abraham purchased of the sons of Heth: there was Abraham buried, and Sarah his wife.

IMJerusha

Well I would think miss great wise one that you would know that the words I said implied that it was unacceptable. Sure you found THE Scripture where it did happen and yet offered nothing to make sure that other readers understood that it was a ONE time deal.

Should we discount Yeshua's death and resurrection also because it, too, was a "ONE time deal?" The fact is that conjuring spirits/ghosts would not be a command of God's were spirits/ghosts non-existent nor would John have instructed us to test the spirits were they non-existent.

So let me ask you now Lemon Pie, is it acceptable now just because God allowed it to happen once?

Actually, it's more like apple and cherry but there's always a time for a good Lemon Meringue! Perhaps you'd like to show the Scripture verse in 1Samuel 28 stating that God allowed for the sin of conjuring?

glorydaz

Thank you for using the correct "piqued." I get so frustrated when I see people use "peaked," for this purpose.

Now, as to you curiosity I am afraid I cannot explain as I do not recall the incident.

All I know is that I was with my dad at his friend's house and I went upstairs to use the rest room. When I came back down I asked him why he hadn't told me her house was haunted. That is what I have been told happened. So there were no witnesses to what I experienced that led to my question. My dad doesn't remember it either. His friend is the only one who remembers me asking.:idunno:

You may have seen your guardian angel, Lighthouse. :)

IMJerusha

I have no interest in what the Rabbis teach or what the Catholic Church teaches, but I do know what the Scripture says. It says that none preceded Jesus into heaven.

John 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

I believe Yeshua's words to be a revelation of the Trinity; that He was with God and God was with Him even as He spoke with Nicodemus because He had not ascended to Heaven prior to His resurrection (John 20:17). I don't believe Yeshua meant literally that no one had preceded Him because Scripture clearly states that Elijah, Enoch and Moses were in Heaven with God and Yeshua was seen in the transfiguration with two of them. I believe that what Yeshua was stating is that He was in both places at the same time so no one could precede what was already there.

Enoch, Elijah, Moses, and Abraham did not go to heaven, they all lived out their days and were buried. The fact they were transported to another locality, as in the case of Enoch and Elijah, or their graves hidden, as in the case of Moses, or Abraham who was buried beside Sarah, does not mean they preceded the Lord into heaven.

Genesis 25:10
The field which Abraham purchased of the sons of Heth: there was Abraham buried, and Sarah his wife.

Really. So Yeshua's meeting with Moses and Elijah many years after their death was what?....a hoax?...a figment of imagination? No. I've also not made the claim that none of these men died and were buried, although Scripture states that of Enoch and Elijah.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Should we discount Yeshua's death and resurrection also because it, too, was a "ONE time deal?" The fact is that conjuring spirits/ghosts would not be a command of God's were spirits/ghosts non-existent nor would John have instructed us to test the spirits were they non-existent.

First off I didn't say that spirits don't exist. This is what I said.

Spirits as in angels or demons that work for or against the purposes of God, yes.

And yes Jesus' death and resurrection in and of itself was a ONE time deal. We are to have nothing to do with those who practice spiritism and necromancy.

Ezekiel 13:18 ESV

And say, Thus says the Lord God: Woe to the women who sew magic bands upon all wrists, and make veils for the heads of persons of every stature, in the hunt for souls! Will you hunt down souls belonging to my people and keep your own souls alive?

Actually, it's more like apple and cherry but there's always a time for a good Lemon Meringue! Perhaps you'd like to show the Scripture verse in 1Samuel 28 stating that God allowed for the sin of conjuring.

And again I didn't say that "God allowed the sin of conjuring" read what I actually said. God allowed a witch to participate but the witch didn't cause Samuel to deliver a message to Saul.

glorydaz

I believe Yeshua's words to be a revelation of the Trinity; that He was with God and God was with Him even as He spoke with Nicodemus because He had not ascended to Heaven prior to His resurrection (John 20:17). I don't believe Yeshua meant literally that no one had preceded Him because Scripture clearly states that Elijah, Enoch and Moses were in Heaven with God and Yeshua was seen in the transfiguration with two of them. I believe that what Yeshua was stating is that He was in both places at the same time so no one could precede what was already there.

Really. So Yeshua's meeting with Moses and Elijah many years after their death was what?....a hoax?...a figment of imagination? No. I've also not made the claim that none of these men died and were buried, although Scripture states that of Enoch and Elijah.

Certainly you're free to believe whatever you like. Moses and Elijah did not have to come down from heaven to appear with the Lord on the Mount of Transfiguation. They could just have easily come directly from Abraham's bosom.

Jesus was the first fruit from the dead....first means first.

1 Cor. 15:20
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Charity

Elijah has indeed come, according to Mark, who ever mark is?

Listed. They made a list against some kind of reincarnation?
Mar 9:13 But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is with me, jesus

Then sayeth Jesus of himself. he would be delivered turn over to the hands of men! an then
killed, according to the list, his death accomplished, according to the enemies an their sabbath, he shall rise on the thrid day, as a ghost an ping off.

Mar 9:31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

Mar 9:42 ¶ And whosoever shall offend one of [these] little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. Hopefully that will fix the Osama ghost.

Maybe not

Mar 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. One may see a shadow of anything believing it shall not see death.

allah mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Mar 9:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. No self judgement an you could be seen?

Allah Mar 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Mar 9:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Charity

Boo

Watch out for the queen of the south! Jesus handed her the batten before he was handed over to men to be killed ;) another ghost, another vessel, i have written permission to consider, do you.?

IMJerusha

Certainly you're free to believe whatever you like. Moses and Elijah did not have to come down from heaven to appear with the Lord on the Mount of Transfiguation. They could just have easily come directly from Abraham's bosom.

Jesus was the first fruit from the dead....first means first.

1 Cor. 15:20
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Yes, He was the first of His ministry under the New Covenant. There is nor was, however, any place called Abraham's bosom that was separate from Heaven nor is there Scripture to prove such.

staind.raindrop

I've had several spiritual experiences in my life, one in particular that defies logic. Idk if it was 'ghosts' specifically, but it involved a Ouija board. I'd had one other unsettling experience with a Ouija board before this but i can't use it as an example because it could be explained away if you tried. You all might be able to explain my story away for yourselves if you read it, but it won't satisfy my screaming questions.