toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Ah, but we do have the ability to heed our God-given conscience. That no one can keep the whole law perfectly does not mean they are without ability to turn to God and be saved. They do have the ability to seek God, and they do have the ability to choose light over darkness....thus we hear the Gospel and believe. God doesn't believe for us, we must be persuaded by what we hear. Only then can we freely come.
That people have conscienes I do not deny, but that they have the ability to obey I do.
People DO seek God, but they seek Him amiss, hence the Indians have been in UTTER darkness these thousands of years though they have the most religions...they are very intellectual the Indians...surely SOMEONE would have hit upon the truth among their billions.
I say God overcomes and subdues our will to His own, I say He wills IN US to do of His good pleasure, I say God dwelling in our hearts is not a courtesy on our part but actually God's divine right. It is what we are created for.

I bless and thank God for the day He subdued my will to His.

Romans 2:14-15
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )
He who wrote the law in their hearts [oh] I thought He had to come and curtsy and ask us "please if I may?" like an Englishman. NO no God goes right on ahead and does just what pleases Him to do...He wrote the law in their hearts.

This is the hope for a BILLIONfold wider mercy than is generally believed in by Arminians or Calvinists.

glorydaz

What, then, do we make of the words 'it is not too difficult for you to do'?

Deut. 30:10-14
If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

And that's exactly what Paul tells us here....which is why man is without excuse.

Romans 1:19-20
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

glorydaz

He who wrote the law in their hearts [oh] I thought He had to come and curtsy and ask us "please if I may?" like an Englishman. NO no God goes right on ahead and does just what pleases Him to do...He wrote the law in their hearts.

This is the hope for a BILLIONfold wider mercy than is generally believed in by Arminians or Calvinists.

No one says God comes and curtsies, but He wants all men to come to him....freely, not unwillingly because he is given no choice in the matter. Love not freely given is no love at all.

glorydaz

Nobody can save themself through their works.
Nobody can save themself through faith without works, which is dead faith.
Nobody can save themself.

Jesus saves those who merit His favor through living faith.
Salvation has two phases.
The first phase is the giving of the promise with the condition that it will be fulfilled for those that continue in the faith until His return.
This is when your name is written in the book of life.
The second phase is the actual event of salvation, and it happens at the resurrection for all who are in the faith when He returns.

You can have your name blotted out from the book of life before receiving salvation if you don't continue in the faith.

You can not lose salvation after you have been resurrected.

No one merits God's favor. What you claim is works salvation. God needs no help saving those who believe, and He won't accept it, either, so that in the ages to come ALL GLORY will be given to Him alone. There is no room for any boasting, whatsoever, thus the idea of anyone meriting, deserving, or earning salvation is ERROR.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No one says God comes and curtsies, but He wants all men to come to him....freely, not unwillingly because he is given no choice in the matter. Love not freely given is no love at all.

The centurian knew when he saw Jesus he knew who he was dealing with, he said "I say to one man come and he cometh, to another man go and he goeth, to my servant do this and he doeth it..."

He was drawing a simile with who he saw Jesus to be, not an officer in the army of Rome but the great King of heaven.

God's is the only freewill there is, you talk about choice but it is He who gives the choice, if'n He doesn't there is no choice.

But I say to you that man has already chosen...he chose amiss and must die, he cain't choose not to die.

The resurrection to judgement PROVES that freewill is an utter illusion for if we had freewill now we would have it then...it is a gift you say, absolutely essential you say....but no-one will say such stuff on that day God will say "come to judgement" and come they will, they will ALL come.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Get lost Grosnick...you have some doctrines that the mormons believe. They believe in God so do you...therefore you must be a Mormon...I don't debate with Mormons...get lost.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Heb. 3:6; 10 teach the possibility of apostasy. Jewish Christians who revert back to Judaism are doing what you are saying. You wrongly assume they are just Jews.

I think you will find this rebutted by 1 John 2:18-20, in particular verse 19.