toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

Doormat

Unbelief is a unique sin because it is the antithesis of saving faith, unlike lying or lust (unbelief relates to a condition of salvation, while flesh sin relates to sanctification, not justification/glorification). Jn. 3:16 vs Jn. 3:36 vs I Cor. 5; I Thess. 4; Gal. 5; etc.

All sin is caused by unbelief. Wake up.

1 Corinthians 15:34.

glorydaz

You have claimed that all sin is wilful. I can link to your quote if you want.

Explain why Hebrews 10:26-29 doesn't apply to you.

I always chuckle when I see the most important verses ignored the way you do here. :chuckle:

Heb. 10:39
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Because I have those things which accompany salvation. A heart purified by faith and the garments of salvation to cover me. Until you understand that, you will be ever seeking and never coming to the truth. You will be ever striving and never finding rest.

Isaiah 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

glorydaz

It's unimportant who brought him up, you threw into a discussion that focused on Judas as example. http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3451192&postcount=86

I thought and read and read and thought and posted.

Actually, whatever you say seems pretty unimportant...as you prove right here. If you ever really have anything to contribute, I'll certainly listen...until then....I consider you a waste of time. I'm sure you mean well, but you don't take any time to think before you engage your mouth (or fingers, as the case may be.)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If true believers cannot sin, then the historical narratives in Pauline Scripture and his exhortations/imperatives for believers to not sin or cease to sin are illusory. It also makes God in Heb. 12 a liar.

Will not is not cannot. Euphemizing it away is not helpful.

You're not listening, too intently my friend! We sin in our, physical bodies!

godrulz

Hall of Fame

This is not the point. The dualism is saving faith vs godless unbelief.

Disobeying God and fornicating is not the same as rejecting the existence of God, the gospel, the uniqueness of Christ, etc.

An atheist or a Christian (unbeliever vs believer) can both commit adultery.

Make an argument that makes sense. Sin is disobedience, selfishness, rebellion, missing the mark, wrong moral choice, etc., but unbelief is a specific sin contrasted with saving faith. It is doubting God to sin in the flesh, but anger, lying, lust is not identical to unbelief, apostasy, falling away. There is a difference between a Christian who loves Jesus, but has an isolated lapse into sin due to temptation followed by repentance and renewed obedience and a godless atheist who continually sins, blasephemes God, is not in relationship with Christ, etc. However, sin is sin, so to say that a Christian fornicating is not sin, but an atheist doing the exact same thing is sin is incongruent.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Many other Pauline verses talk to saints/believers and rebuke them for sinning like they used to as unbelievers. Paul corrected sin among the saints and did not say they were atheists, but saints (Corinthians, etc.). He even said some believers were being judged for sinning, even to death, consistent with God's words in Heb. 12 about disciplining believers who sinned (not atheists, but they also are judged, but as God to creature, not Father to child like Heb. 12).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Are you really so self deluded to think that 1 John 5:18 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that 1 John 3:6-9 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that Hebrews 10:26-29 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that Galatians 5:19-21 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that Romans 11:16-24 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that 1 Peter 4:1 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that Ezekiel 18:24 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that John 8:34 is not true?

I'm just scratching the surface.

All I'm scratching, is my head, wondering why you refuse to believe the truth when you hear it! Actually, I know! It's because you have no Spiritual discernment!

IMJerusha

As Jews, they had eaten the manna and drank from the rock, and experienced the grace of God. That is not salvation (unless that grace is accessed by faith.) Those Jews were not yet ready to move past the elementals as the first few verses of that chapter make clear.

The believers among that congregation were those referred to as having "things that accompany salvation."

Heb. 6:9
But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Now you're wanting to qualify believers? A believer in Yeshua is a believer in Yeshua whether Jew or Gentile. Hebrews was written to a community of Jewish Christians under a great deal of pressure to return to the Law and the sacrifice system.
You know what accompanies salvation?...fruit of Ruach HaKodesh. And without out those "things", we are cut off and thrown into the fire to be burned. Yeshua's words. Paul's words.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Those "warnings" in Hebrews were made to the Jews who were God's chosen people. They were made to those who were in danger of rejecting Jesus' finished work on the cross. Those who looked back to the law for their salvation. They will never enter in until they cease from their own efforts....which is true for us as well. As long as we claim we are required to do anything except rest in the Lord, we have not yet entered into the rest of salvation.

Truth is refreshing, and your particular truth is like a cold glass of water during a heatwave!

Doormat

I always chuckle when I see the most important verses ignored the way you do here. :chuckle:

I've ignored nothing. You're just delusional, looking for any way to justify your continuing, wilful sins. Hebrews 10:26-29 proves you are toast.

Heb. 10:39
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

And those that wilfully sin are the ones who "draw back unto perdition," which is why they are toast per Hebrews 10:26-29.

Because I have those things which accompany salvation.

If you still sin, you don't (1Jn 3:6). Rather, you are just a delusional fool.

A heart purified by faith and the garments of salvation to cover me.

If you still sin, you have neither.

Until you understand that, you will be ever seeking and never coming to the truth. You will be ever striving and never finding rest.

Say what you want about me, but you are toast per Hebrews 10:26-29 because you still wilfully sin.

Isaiah 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

What's wrong, you don't like Ezekiel?

Ezekiel 18:24 But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You're not listening, too intently my friend! We sin in our, physical bodies!

Rom. 6:13-16 The person sins with their bodies. Exchanged Life or perfectionist views that say that we don't sin in our spirit, but our bodies sin, are artificial dissection of the whole being. In our view, there is no moral responsibility. It is also like the specious argument that Christians can be demon possessed in their bodies, but not in their spirits.

Sin involves mind and will and is expressed through our bodies/flesh (apt metaphor for sin). It is not true that Jesus is deaf, dumb, blind or that our bodies sin, but we do not (if the real person leaves the body, it is like a sock puppet without a hand).

Too many Christians have adopted nonsensical views because they don't think critically beyond a baby level or listen to teachers who have not really thought things through.

This book deals with these Christian cliches that are anti-intellectual and unbiblical:

http://www.amazon.com/Questions-All-Your-Answers-Religion/dp/0310287588

Exegetical fallacies are also a big problem with pop vs biblical theology:

http://www.amazon.com/Exegetical-Fallacies-D-Carson/dp/0801020867

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The phrases used before Heb. 6:4-6 can only apply to believers, not unbelievers. The historical context is Jewish CHRISTIANS who were falling away due to persecution, false teaching, lack of discipleship, etc. It is not talking about unconverted Jews.

Hebrews was pertaining to the, House of Israel!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Truth is refreshing, and your particular truth is like a cold glass of water during a heatwave!

Birds of a feather flock together....you like it because it agrees with you and tickles itching ears, not because it is true.

Woe to those who give false assurance to apostates with manmade vs biblical teaching because they were once saved instead of calling them to renewed repentant faith.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Hebrews was pertaining to the, House of Israel!

Are you MAD? Hebrews was the gospel contextualized for Jewish Christians just as Romans was the same gospel (Magna Carta-like) contextualized for Gentiles (and Jews). There is only one vs two true NT gospels. Nice try to rationalize away inspired Scripture that contradicts your error.

Shank also shows the Pauline verses (not just the ones MAD rejects) against OSAS.

Doormat

Doormat said:
Are you really so self deluded to think that 1 John 5:18 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that 1 John 3:6-9 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that Hebrews 10:26-29 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that Galatians 5:19-21 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that Romans 11:16-24 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that 1 Peter 4:1 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that Ezekiel 18:24 is not true?

Are you really so self deluded to think that John 8:34 is not true?

I'm just scratching the surface.

All I'm scratching, is my head, wondering why you refuse to believe the truth when you hear it! Actually, I know! It's because you have no Spiritual discernment!

And with a wave of your hand you reject God's words. Delusional.