toldailytopic: Who do you think would make a good TOL moderator?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:Lets be honest - none of these has even the faintest hope of ever making it past this guy -> :darwinsm: .

:)

That very well may be ... however, that wasn't the question. It was *who* would make a good moderator.

Everyone I named is even tempered and fair-minded.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everyone I named is even tempered and fair-minded.

And all completely opposed to certain fundamentals. Whoever has a stick on TOL needs to be able to use it regardless of the "fairness" that lot bleats about.

Buzzword

Res, Buzz, Sozo, SomeOtherDude, Koban, and Stripe.

:party: Such mighty company.
Oh wait, there's an actual "Buzz" floating around here, huh.

My nominations (because my opinion carries sooo much weight around here):
Rusha
Zoo
Granite
Silent Hunter
Quincy

Anything to vary up the moderator pool from "freakishly hardline conservative Christian".

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Has anyone ever been to any other forums?

Honestly, you atheists have a bed of roses here compared to the reception and treatment from mods elsewhere toward even the most genial of Christians.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And all completely opposed to certain fundamentals. Whoever has a stick on TOL needs to be able to use it regardless of the "fairness" that lot bleats about.

The person would need to be able to put aside their own personal dislikes (towards other posters) and enforce the rules.

Example, blasphemy, name calling without cause, stalking, profanity, spamming, threats, etc.

Also, I would add Steko to my list, as well as Anna.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Has anyone ever been to any other forums?

Honestly, you atheists have a bed of roses here compared to the reception and treatment from mods elsewhere toward even the most genial of Christians.

Certain hardline Atheists would not be moderator material for TOL. Anyone who plays the game of "let's offend the Christians" is not even a consideration.

bybee

The person would need to be able to put aside their own personal dislikes (towards other posters) and enforce the rules.

Example, blasphemy, name calling without cause, stalking, profanity, spamming, threats, etc.

Also, I would add Steko to my list, as well as Anna.

Agreed!

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope.

He would only need to enforce the rules as he saw best.

Also, I would add Steko to my list.
Who is he? :idunno:

What fundamentals?
You think "fair" is more important than right.

Certain hardline Atheists would not be moderator material for TOL. Anyone who plays the game of "let's offend the Christians" is not even a consideration.
No atheist is qualified for any leadership role.

They all, to a man, disqualify themselves with their rejection of proper authority.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another person I would like to add to my list is LMOHM due to his kindness and character.

fool

Hall of Fame
I'll do it.
I have the credibility with a large slice of the population.
I disagree with every one on something so I have no cohort to defend.
I think I may stand a chance of reaching across some of the aisles that have formed.
AND I have a magnificent beard.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll do it.
I have the credibility with a large slice of the population.
I disagree with every one on something so I have no cohort to defend.
I think I may stand a chance of reaching across some of the aisles that have formed.
AND I have a magnificent beard.

Why are you still an atheist?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A chastened Ma Kett
Thank you for the vote of confidence--but I think Knight is looking for a replacement.

Given the vision of the board, replacements Knight might consider:

Stripe
Vaquero45
chatmaggot
chickenman
rocketman
I even think that lovemeorhateme has a chance.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yep ...

He would only need to enforce the rules as he saw best.

You are entitled to your wrong opinion. A moderator needs to set an example. IF he is incapable of doing so, he shouldn't be a mod.

Who is he? :idunno:

A Conservative Christian.

You think "fair" is more important than right.

The two traits walk hand in hand. IF you are incapable of putting your own disdain for another person aside, you have no business being a moderator.

No atheist is qualified for any leadership role.

Your incorrect opinion has been noted.

They all, to a man, disqualify themselves with their rejection of proper authority.

On TOL, the authority IS Knight. The Christian members have to trust his judgment to be that of God's. The non Christians need to respect him as the main authority figure on TOL.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:doh:

Yeah, we know. You don't believe in God. I asked you why you don't believe in God.

Which isn't the topic of this thread ...

There are Christians on here who would be great moderators in Atheist Forums.