toldailytopic: Generally speaking does the Islamic religion encourage or discourage t

Granite

Hall of Fame
Believe me if I tell you, it is "etiquette", because if I accept it to be more than that, I wouldn't be sitting in a right-wing christian forum.

If it was just a question of manners Muslims wouldn't resort to violence.

Anyways, Everyone here would love to bring over verses, for what ? just to make Muslims angry.

Seems to me a lot of you guys aren't used to being questioned or criticized. Something else to work on.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All you will be doing, is instead of Qaeda (a small group Afghani nutcases) being your only enemy, you will acquire 1.6 billion Muslims as enemies.

Let me see you when that happens, what would your "liberal" views of "it's just a cartoon" be useful of, but the hatred of 1/7 of the earth, who can have allies to the east easily.

Keep a reason not flipping 1.6 billion swords on you countries. It's lovely to act for children like us, if we don't like cartoon of the prophet, you better not do some, because this would be interpreted aggressive, and give reason to people like Qaeda to convince people like me, that you are an enemy.

Any questions? This hell bound heathen thinks it is ok to take the sword to you, or the other 1.6 billion over a cartoon.

Mulla Sadra

Seems to me a lot of you guys aren't used to being questioned or criticized. Something else to work on.

Yes, tell me about it I don't like to be questioned :
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91470

[just for 18 pages] .... :party:

------------------

Something else you don't know about us, Muslims have been taught Quran language since childhood, if you have read it [In Arabic -- dunno about the English version if still got the same taste], you will be taught a language of challenge. That get seriously hard in the verses that Muslims usually read in prayers :

May the hands of Abu Lahab be ruined, and ruined is he.His wealth will not avail him or that which he gained.He will [enter to] burn in a Fire of [blazing] flameAnd his wife [as well] - the carrier of firewood.Around her neck is a rope of [twisted] fiber.

That Abu-Lahab guy could've easily act to be a Muslim to prove that Muhammad challenging words are wrong, but he didn't.

You will find this language in every verse in Quran.

So don't get as "you don't like questioned", you just don't know the intonation of words on Arabic tongue. [Something else you have to work on to get to know us].

Mulla Sadra

Any questions? This hell bound heathen thinks it is ok to take the sword to you, or the other 1.6 billion over a cartoon.

Heathen, hahahahahaha.

What a word !!

If you had gave yourself time to read my post, instead of bolding it, you would've understand that [heathen] me don't accept what you remarked :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ayatollah would've not hated you as much if you didn't help the Shah kill his people, and he had the hatred of people with him for that, including a good percentage of Iranian Jews]

I will tackle your history revision, you liar, if you would like in a different thread.

Keep a reason not flipping 1.6 billion swords on you countries. It's lovely to act for children like us, if we don't like cartoon of the prophet, you better not do some, because this would be interpreted aggressive, and give reason to people like Qaeda to convince people like me, that you are an enemy.

Ok, so you are trying to say "we" doesn't include you. Got it.

View attachment 17842

View attachment 17843

Mulla Sadra

I will tackle your history revision, you liar, if you would like in a different thread.

Ok, so you are trying to say "we" doesn't include you. Got it.

View attachment 17842

View attachment 17843

1- Whether your history said that or not, whether I am [Liar] or not - BTW your choice of titles is quite tender -, I am sure that the People Of Iran I saw all accept you did. (Especially the communists of them, they liked Mosadegh, so did most of Iranian people).

2- See, another difference between Muslims and Westerners, while you were eating each other in Mid-ages, Muslims were enriching their debate skills in all kind of sciences, Logic was one of the utmost, thats why you will never understand our Quran, but just pick up what you like to pick from it.

I said We don't LIKE (I didn't say We will - what you remarked -).
I don't protest it with attacking embassies. Neither did all of the millions who went out to protest when it happened. (if all of those who protested wanted to kill, you would've lost more than embassy).
Now, don't go bolding, I am telling you that between millions who protested only few killed, and you are trying to convince the others (like me) to kill.

But we will never be convinced to, not even your out of context quotes of Quran will.

(I hope you have brains to understand)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The weird thing is.... there appears to be a vicious cycle going on here.

- Muslims want kill non-Muslims.
- Liberals think that if we be nice to them they will not want to kill non-Muslims
- The "nicer" we are to them the more they want to kill us
- The more they want to kill us the more liberals want to be nice to them

:mock: Liberals

And that ball goes sailing out of the park.
picture.php

Mulla Sadra

Then it may be time to rethink what your concept of "manners" really means in the 21st century.

Didn't I tell you we were propagandized for 1400 years that when we leave this Religion pillars (one of them are manners), then we will be nothing.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And he didn't even do anything immoral.
Yup, nothing immoral about burning a book filled with deception.

Would there be a same furor over an atheist burning a Bible?

Granite

Hall of Fame

I doubt most atheists would.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Mulla Sadra

Thank Merciful God, that (Right-Wing) Religious Christians aren't 1.6 billion human whom most of them live the simplest material and theoretical life.

(if someone come and say that he's a right winger christian and won't say anything, I say and I know tons of right winger Muslims who didn't do anything about cartoons or burning Qurans, start with the Imam of the city they tried to burn the Quran in. Plus other Muslims who are religious and didn't do anything but debate and peaceful discussion.)

Dena

I am not a Muslim. How would I really know? It seems that at least in the US, terrorism is discouraged.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes.
And have read some commentaries both negative and positive.
Interestingly Karen Armstrong has written quite movingly in a positive sense about the best aspects of Islam.

she is a good writer
have read many of her books
but
she is way too apologetic when it comes to Islam
and
it won't surprise me when I hear she has converted to Islam
and
she will do it to punish the Church

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Evil doing from any quarter cannot be ignored or brushed aside or compared to other evil doing as if two wrongs constitutes an answer.
I agree and that's not my point, which is that the problem is with people looking at anecdotal evidence to establish rules that simple math, observation and common sense will tell you aren't rules at all.

Again, if 1.6 billion people believe in violent means the world is a bonfire. But it isn't. It isn't even close. So you have a David Koresh or some nutter extremist sect in Islam that uses its religion to settle all sorts of historical scores. That's human nature at work. It isn't a condemnation or accurate view of the religion.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Today's Dailytopic, it is everyday daily topic and no one change his ideas.

All you will be doing, is instead of Qaeda (a small group Afghani nutcases) being your only enemy, you will acquire 1.6 billion Muslims as enemies.

and that is a threat