toldailytopic: If Jesus had His ministry now in modern times, what would the mainstre

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
"If Jesus were alive, he'd share all of my opinions and political stances."

Is this not too convenient for you? Without any scriptural evidence? Things that cannot even be skewed so badly to even come close to contemporary perspective.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
"If Jesus were alive, he'd share all of my opinions and political stances."

Is this not too convenient for you? Without any scriptural evidence? Things that cannot even be skewed so badly to even come close to contemporary perspective.

It's amusing that atheists seem to always have an opinion about the God that doesn't exist.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
It's amusing that atheists seem to always have an opinion about the God that doesn't exist.

Maybe if it wasn't forced down my neck, I wouldn't feel the need to learn about it... If it wasn't forced down my neck, I'd volunteer to learn about it. Presently, it's more of a requirement.

Wile E. Coyote

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 24th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If Jesus had His ministry now in modern times, what would the mainstream Church think of His approach?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
If Jesus was walking the earth today He would ne neg repped by Nick M and called a "sexual pervert" for saying to the woman taken in adultery, "Neither do I condemn you." Nick neg repped me and called me a "sexual pervert" for it. http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89411

aCW would bear false witness against Jesus and call Him "pro-gay" for not condemning homosexuals and for eating with sinners.

Knight would ban Jesus for being "unnecessarily disruptive."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Generally speaking the same thing would happen now that happened the first time he came down, religious conservatives would reject Jesus while the common people would hear him gladly.

He would provably ask the RCC "what have you done to the gospel? it's barely recognizable."

Caino

lifeisgood

He would definitely be rejected by the religious leaders and the majority of people just like in His first advent and would be crucified all over again.

john w

Hall of Fame
Let's see:

A. They would say he's mean, spiteful and unloving even though He reached out to sinners throughout His ministry.

Matthew 23:33 - Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

B. They would say he's a 'prude' that wants the spoil the natural 'fun' that people want to have.

Matthew 5:27-29 -
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

C. They would claim He has a bad temper.

Matthew 21:12-14 -
12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
14 And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.

And the media would completely ignore or hide what He just did after He drove out the shysters.

Once in awhile, I agree with IK. And the Lord Jesus Christ would not "blink" re. "banning" a wolf, viper, serpent, devil.........

And, speaking of banning, vote for me, John W, as "MOD for the Day."

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If Jesus was walking the earth today He would ne neg repped by Nick M and called a "sexual pervert" for saying to the woman taken in adultery, "Neither do I condemn you." Nick neg repped me and called me a "sexual pervert" for it. http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89411

aCW would bear false witness against Jesus and call Him "pro-gay" for not condemning homosexuals and for eating with sinners.

Knight would ban Jesus for being "unnecessarily disruptive."
Flame out alert. :patrol:

StanJ53

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 24th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If Jesus had His ministry now in modern times, what would the mainstream Church think of His approach?

You would have to go to the local synagogue and ask them.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Folks would choke on His "Go and sin no more" statements. He befriended sinners, but He didn't condone their behavior. There is a world of difference between loving someone and loving their actions.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Flame out alert. :patrol:

What is wrong with Wile giving his answer to the question?

I too believe that if Jesus were to post on TOL, he would either be told he wasn't saved, or that He didn't know how to "rightly divide".

Jesus told Peter to put his sword back in its place, then said to Peter: "live by the sword, die by the sword".

If we substitute "sword" with "gun", how would Jesus fit in with all you NRA people?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What is wrong with Wile giving his answer to the question?

I too believe that if Jesus were to post on TOL, he would either be told he wasn't saved, or that He didn't know how to "rightly divide".

Jesus told Peter to put his sword back in its place, then said to Peter: "live by the sword, die by the sword".

If we substitute "sword" with "gun", how would Jesus fit in with all you NRA people?

That was not a universal pronouncement.
The LORD was simply telling those who were with Him that night, that if they sought to defend Him and themselves with a sword that they would die at the hands of the soldiers who had come to get Him.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That was not a universal pronouncement.
The LORD was simply telling those who were with Him that night, that if they sought to defend Him and themselves with a sword that they would die at the hands of the soldiers who had come to get Him.

How do you know it wasn't universal?

Where in the NT does Jesus, Peter, John, Paul, or anyone else advocate killing their enemies?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
How do you know it wasn't universal?

Where in the NT does Jesus, Peter, John, Paul, or anyone else advocate killing their enemies?

If it was a universal truth, then everyone who has ever used a sword since that time, would die by a sword. Do you really believe this has happened?