toldailytopic: If Jesus had His ministry now in modern times, what would the mainstre

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
How did Jesus follow the law in that case? Didn't the law say the adulterer should have been stoned? Jesus said no...
So ignorant...

Did you even bother trying to read the law on the matter before responding to me?

Don't answer that, it's rhetorical, as you obviously did not.

First we have the commandments of execution: Leviticus 20:10, Deuteronomy 22:22

"The man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, he who commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death."

"If a man is found lying with a woman married to a husband, then both of them shall die—the man that lay with the woman, and the woman; so you shall put away the evil from Israel."

Here we have the commandment regarding witnesses: Deuteronomy 17:6-7, 19:15

"Whoever is deserving of death shall be put to death on the testimony of two or three witnesses; he shall not be put to death on the testimony of one witness. The hands of the witnesses shall be the first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So you shall put away the evil from among you."

"One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established."

Then there is the commandment on what to do if the people find it too hard to judge for themselves: Deuteronomy 17:8-11

"If a matter arises which is too hard for you to judge, between degrees of guilt for bloodshed, between one judgment or another, or between one punishment or another, matters of controversy within your gates, then you shall arise and go up to the place which the Lord your God chooses. And you shall come to the priests, the Levites, and to the judge there in those days, and inquire of them; they shall pronounce upon you the sentence of judgment. You shall do according to the sentence which they pronounce upon you in that place which the Lord chooses. And you shall be careful to do according to all that they order you. According to the sentence of the law in which they instruct you, according to the judgment which they tell you, you shall do; you shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left from the sentence which they pronounce upon you."

Do you see all the elements that were missing in the situation with the adulteress brought before Jesus?

The Republican Party is not only pro-choice in the vast majority of instances, they are also fradulent (Whether you like Ron Paul or not, just look at how they manipulated the voting system to make him lose by even more than he should have) and are pro-violation of the sixth commandment against Middle Easterners who have already been born. The idea that anyone would say that Jesus would vote for them, in general, is quite laughable to me.
What is the sixth commandment, as you understand it?

If Jesus voted at all, I seriously doubt he would care about superficial things like political party. I think he'd care a lot more about how much they followed Bible verses like "Thou shall not steal," "Let not a Christian be known... a busybody in other people's matters", "Thou shall not murder," and so on, than what party they identified with.
I agree.

Clem

I think Church Leaders would feel shame.
Many would then drop off the radar to plan their atonement in secret.
Others would learn from their mistakes,
before working with our Saviour tirelessly in cleaning up the mess
that they were largely implicated in adding to !!