toldailytopic: What type of person commits a terrorist act like the one at the Boston

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 17th, 2013 10:00 AM

toldailytopic: What type of person commits a terrorist act like the one at the Boston Marathon and why? Who do you suspect might be responsible?

rejectterror1.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The media is praying that the person responsible for the Boston Marathon Bombings is a white guy with ties to the Tea Party. Yet an act like this doesn't seem to fit the MO of the Tea Party unless of course the guy is just a lone wolf nut-job. It's possible I suppose but I don't see that as very likely.

We are now also hearing the conspiracy theorists chiming in with their wacky garbage. I try to ignore it but I admit it's kinda funny.

The most likely candidates in my opinion…. (in order of most likely to least likely)

- Islamic terrorist.
- Occupy Wall Street wacko
- Right wing extremist
- Women's book club organizer
- Government conspiracy

If you had to bet your money on what type of person is responsible who would you place your bets on?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking homegrown domestic. If this was Al Qaeda or an organized Islamic attack, they would have taken responsibility for this already. Our lone wolf types try to get away with it. So that's my gut feeling, anyway.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
An Islamic terrorist or a Right wing extremist.

Regardless of who committed the crime, they are an extremely disturbed AND evil individual.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm thinking homegrown domestic. If this was Al Qaeda or an organized Islamic attack, they would have taken responsibility for this already. Our lone wolf types try to get away with it. So that's my gut feeling, anyway.
So, you are thinking home-grown Al Quaeda wanna-be?

That seems like a reasonable candidate to me as well. That's where I'd place my money. A close second would be a Occupy Wall Street nutjob.

Granite

Hall of Fame
So, you are thinking home-grown Al Quaeda wanna-be?

That seems like a reasonable candidate to me as well. That's where I'd place my money. A close second would be a Occupy Wall Street nutjob.

Not sure. Could be a Muslim, could be a disgruntled vet, could be a militia type. But I definitely get a lone wolf made-in-America vibe from this. The timing, the significance of Patriot Day...that all rings very McVeighish.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 17th, 2013 10:00 AM

toldailytopic: What type of person commits a terrorist act like the one at the Boston Marathon and why? Who do you suspect might be responsible?

I would put my money on a nutcase with a warped belief system. He would either be a terrorist or homegrown nutjob. It takes a sicko to bomb a marathon race. That's a given.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm hearing that a suspect was recorded on video camera and arrest is imminent.

Alledgedly!

GuySmiley

I think most likely it will be a home grown muslim terrorist acting on his own. An attack from Al Queda central command I think would be much larger. This attack would really be a testament to how weak they've become. I think they'd want to go after bigger targets with bigger effects. Small attacks like this one will only desensitize Americans for future attacks.

The other likely suspect would be a home grown Occupy Wall St type. Although Id expect a financial target for that kind of person. The target also doesnt make sense for a Right Winger either; I'd guess they'd go after a government target.

glorydaz

The media is praying that the person responsible for the Boston Marathon Bombings is a white guy with ties to the Tea Party. Yet an act like this doesn't seem to fit the MO of the Tea Party unless of course the guy is just a lone wolf nut-job. It's possible I suppose but I don't see that as very likely.

We are now also hearing the conspiracy theorists chiming in with their wacky garbage. I try to ignore it but I admit it's kinda funny.

The most likely candidates in my opinion…. (in order of most likely to least likely)

- Islamic terrorist.
- Occupy Wall Street wacko
- Right wing extremist
- Women's book club organizer
- Government conspiracy

If you had to bet your money on what type of person is responsible who would you place your bets on?

This is like one of those tests in school. The "Women's book club organizer" is still making me laugh. I think Occupy Wall Street wacko is a good possibility....they are all a bunch of nuts. It might be too much work for them to actually build something, however.

It does make you wonder just how many weirdos are building these types of bombs hoping to injure as many innocent people as they can. That guy from the movie theater shooting had his entire apartment rigged as I recall. :nono:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have now seen two pics of possible suspects. One dude is a middle aged "dumpy" looking white guy with a beard. The other pic is clearly a darker skinned middle-eastern looking young adult.

It could be one of these guys are neither of these guys. I love this part of the investigation when it's "wide open" and people are scrambling to be the one to break the news. :doh: