toldailytopic: Explosions at the finish of the Boston Marathon.

john w

Hall of Fame
Sick. I hope they try the dirtbag that did this swiftly and then put him in front of the firing squad. Let's not waste taxpayer money by housing and feeding the creep.

What if the LORD God had taken that attitude towards you, IK, and let you be beaten, mocked, spit upon, crucified, be "put..in front of the firing squad,"...instead of His Only Begotten Son? Was He not "put..in front of the firing squad" for you, for all of us? Are you, any of us, ready to face a firing squad for all of our offences(it's called "sin"), since all sin is ultimately directed towards Him, against a holy LORD God? Well? Were you not once a "dirt bag?"

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You should, "numero uno," "hope" "they"/someone preach the gospel of Christ to "the dirtbag." For only can that gospel change that "dirt bag."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Obama said the following at his press conference: "Don't jump to any conclusions"

That's pretty much a tell-tale sign that it was Muslim terrorists.

A lot of people are jumping to conclusions, including the news agencies.

Headlines have changed, there's obviously a lot of conflicting information... here's one example:

A law enforcement official, citing an intelligence briefing, said cellphone
service had been shut down Monday in the Boston area to prevent any
potential remote detonations of explosives.
But officials with Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel said there had
been no such requests.
Sprint spokeswoman Crystal Davis said: "Minus some mild call blocking
on our Boston network due to increased traffic, our service is operating
normally."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/official-cellphone-service-shut-down-boston

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you are against the death penalty, john--or is it you want me to be liberal cry baby scum? What about those 50 injured and the people killed by the bomb? I have very little sympathy for terrorists who set off bombs and kill civilians.

The death penalty and swift punishments are deterrents against creeps killing people en masse.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What if the LORD God had taken that attitude towards you, IK, and let you be beaten, mocked, spit upon, crucified, be "put..in front of the firing squad,"...instead of His Only Begotten Son? Was He not "put..in front of the firing squad" for you, for all of us? Are you, any of us, ready to face a firing squad for all of our offences(it's called "sin"), since all sin is ultimately directed towards Him, against a holy LORD God? Well? Were you not once a "dirt bag?"

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You should, "numero uno," "hope" "they"/someone preach the gospel of Christ to "the dirtbag." For only can that gospel change that "dirt bag."

Oh no, say it ain't so......I'm in agreement with John W.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you are against the death penalty, john--or is it you want me to be liberal cry baby scum?

The death penalty and swift punishments are deterrents against creeps killing people en masse.

Should the first Christians have killed Saul of Tarsus for terrorizing them?

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
So you are against the death penalty, john--or is it you want me to be liberal cry baby scum? What about those 50 injured and the people killed by the bomb? I have very little sympathy for terrorists who set off bombs and kill civilians.

If you believe in a hell, why would you want to shorten the fear in the wait? Eternity of torture + decades of fear
is more worthwhile than just an eternity of torture.

You don't need to take the life from a killer, we're all dying already. They're going to have little satisfaction in a jail,
and it's cheaper.

The government sponsoring retaliation for crimes other than incarceration... no thanks. I don't like the government
having power of life or death over us, but I'm not quite as servile as yourself.

john w

Hall of Fame
So you are against the death penalty, john--or is it you want me to be liberal cry baby scum?

"So you are against the death penalty, john--or is it you want me to be liberal cry baby scum"-IK

That's you talking, not me, with an emotional response. Your "argument" has NADA to do with "the death penalty:"

"Sick. I hope they try the dirtbag that did this swiftly and then put him in front of the firing squad. Let's not waste taxpayer money by housing and feeding the creep."

God the Father, after you sin:

"I'm gonna try that dirtbag IK for all the sins He has committed against me."

IK: Well, uh, urrrrrrr, wait a minute, you see....

"liberal cry baby scum"-IK

Impressive fighting words. Quite "Rambo"esque, but quite irrelevant, and not reflective of the spirit of Christ. I stay on topic, and on your "argument:"

Put that "dirtbag" to death.

I say, forgive him, preach the gospel of Christ to him, pray for him, as you were once a "dirtbag," and offended God day and night.

Ephesians 4:32 KJV
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

You/we are to forgive him, on this basis:

even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you

Understood?

even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Now, answer:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Irrelevant to me since--
a. The bomber is not my brother.
b. he has not wronged me as a person
c. he has not repented to me as a person.

Luke 17:3 - Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

I am not required to forgive the slime bag. I am not God.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Then why do you feel it is your right to hope he stands before a firing squad?

You do know that a good number of murderers that get life in prison become saved, and believe in Christ Jesus?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Obama said the following at his press conference: "Don't jump to any conclusions"

That's pretty much a tell-tale sign that it was Muslim terrorists.

Anything is possible, but two bombs go off in that crowded a venue and you have two dead to show for it? That sounds like amateur hour, thank God.

john w

Hall of Fame

The LORD God to you: I have very little sympathy for those terrorist humans, such as IK, who sin against me. How about you taking the punishment you deserve?

IK:

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
That sent shivers down my spine, sigh, why do people do these things, there is nothing to be gained through murder.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Update from CNN:

One of the dead is an 8-year-old boy.

[Update, 7:43 p.m. ET] An 8-year-old boy was among those killed, a state law enforcement source said, according to CNN's John King.
[Update, 7:38 p.m. ET] At least 132 people including eight children have been injured in the bombings, according to Boston-area hospitals.
Boston police earlier said that two people were killed.
At least 17 of the injured are in critical condition, and at least 25 are in serious condition, area hospitals said.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/15/explosions-near-finish-of-boston-marathon/?hpt=hp_t1

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Anything is possible, but two bombs go off in that crowded a venue and you have two dead to show for it? That sounds like amateur hour, thank God.

Indeed it could be, hopefully the trial requires better evidence than it did him.

As for thanking God... seems quite strange in this situation.

All of you may forgive these people if you wish, but I will hate and despise them. Just don't tell me I'm the moral relativist.

john w

Hall of Fame
Irrelevant to me since--

Luke 17:3 - Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

I see. You only forgive those who are your "brothers?" You made that up-that is not the LORD God of the book. His basis for forgiving us, and thus, our basis?:

even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

So far, CNN and other media outlets have suggested it was a right-wing extremist.

Others have suggested it was Muslim terrorists.

Not to be outdone, conspiracy theorist Alex Jones claims it was the government that did it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Irrelevant to me since--

The Lord Jesus Christ was not your brother, when you were lost-He forgave you, regardless of your merit, lack thereof.

A classic:

I am not required to forgive the slime bag. I am not God-IK

I am not required to love others, do good to others.........................I am not God.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You talk like the Christ rejecting world talks. They talk like you.

"he has not wronged me as a person;"-IK

Have you ever wronged someone as a person? That sin is against God. Ready to go to the firing squad?

Last edited: