toldailytopic: Why do liberals who claim to champion gay & women's rights defend Isla

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Islam opposes Christ? Take it you haven't read who the prophets of Islam are.

But I'm in agreement, Islam is just as fatuous. Or fatwaus, either or.

StanJ53

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 8th, 2013 05:00 AM

Why do liberals who claim to champion gay & women's rights defend Islam which violently opposes those things?

This question is from an American perspective, and one that defines 'liberal' as being synonymously 'democratic' in political ideology.

First define what you mean by 'liberal', then maybe I can answer this a little more succinctly.

ragTagblues

Liberals hate anything to do with Christ. Islam opposes Christ. Opposing Christ is far more important to the Left than issues like homosexuality and feminism.

You make it sound as if every action is based solely on the need to give your God et al a swift battering in the ribs with size ten steel toe capped boots whilst they are on the floor wretching on their own hypocrisy . . . . Which is an untenable position.

We do it purely to annoy you lot :p

I believe in the freedom of religion, provided it stays in its place. Not just Christianity; but all religions. You guys prattle on about homosexuals gaying it up in your faces, well I feel similar (not the same) about religion.

Further I have some friends who follow Islam and they are good likeable people, it is a few that give the majority a bad name. Rusha on the other hand is right, I'm certainly more wary of Islam than most other religions.

Arthur Brain

Eh, some people's definition of 'liberal' equates to not leaning to the far right. Some people's definition of 'championing women's rights' equates to supporting their being allowed to venture away from the sink etc....

Not exactly the most clarified of TOTD's....

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 8th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: Why do liberals who claim to champion gay & women's rights defend Islam which violently opposes those things?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

I think the primary reason is because it isn't Muslims who are most politically active in the US.

I do think there is also an element of it being cool to be anti-Christian.

The Berean

I think the primary reason is because it isn't Muslims who are most politically active in the US.

I do think there is also an element of it being cool to be anti-Christian.

According to the website Stuff White People Like, #2 on their list is the following:

#2 Religions that their parents don’t belong to
White people will often say they are “spiritual” but not religious. Which usually means that they will believe any religion that doesn’t involve Jesus.

Popular choices include Buddhism, Hinduism, Kabbalah and, to a lesser extent, Scientology. A few even dip into Islam, but it’s much more rare since you have to give stuff up and actually go to Mosque.

Mostly they are into religion that fits really well into their homes or wardrobe and doesn’t require them to do very much.

Dena

Knowing there are sane and logical Muslims I cannot condemn Islam as a whole. Just as though I believe Christianity is illogical and can be dangerous, I am not going to condemn all Christians.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knowing there are sane and logical Muslims I cannot condemn Islam as a whole.

What is funny is they condemn you as a whole. Just tell them you converted. Go on. Do it. I need a laugh. And continue your pursuit of dumbest member on TOL.

rexlunae

Liberals hate anything to do with Christ. Islam opposes Christ. Opposing Christ is far more important to the Left than issues like homosexuality and feminism.

I'm glad you were here to complete the straw man for us.

I don't support Islam any more than any other religion. It's your persecution complex that makes you believe this.