toldailytopic: If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?

Dena

Once long ago. I seem to remember it was about memory blackouts and then the joy of flashbacks. It would be nice to forget some things entirely.

The lead changed the court of life for others by changing himself..sorta. I don't want to give it away.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?

Nothing. Everything I did ended up with Jack. So at least up until two years ago I'm good and I can't think of anything in that span worth worrying over...well, I'd have checked the genre and length on middle grade fiction. :chuckle:

Charity

I notice that the net tracffic threw this site is mostly From the Usa.
Do Americans think that hosting other nations as friends is worth while. All our famous beings from down under tend to end up living on your famous soil! As feathers in your cap!
Over here where I live, the radio stations reminded us to extend a warm welcome to our international guests!

One of those in changeable things. As a person as a nation

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?

No not really. But someone would say, "You wouldn't the same mistakes." No, I'd make new ones.

PureX

I notice that the net tracffic threw this site is mostly From the Usa.
Do Americans think that hosting other nations as friends is worth while.
Americans (as in the people of the U.S.) don't think about other nations at all. We believe that the U.S. is better than everywhere else in every possible way and that everyone else on Earth wants to be here. So why bother with 'being nice' to them?
All our famous beings from down under tend to end up living on your famous soil! As feathers in your cap!
Of course they do. Being famous is like being a god here in the U. S. of A. We love famous people. We worship them. Especially if they're very rich as well as famous.
Over here where I live, the radio stations reminded us to extend a warm welcome to our international guests!
As an American, I just assume no one would go there, otherwise. Does anyone actually go there? Where is Australia, anyway?

;)

PureX

Good for you. Life became easier after I let that resentment go.

Reminds me of a funny quote.
In my twenties I worried about what people thought about me.
In my thirties I decided to no longer care about what people thought about me.
In my forties I found out they weren't even thinking about me anyway.
... So in my fifties I just stopped thinking all together. ;)

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Americans (as in the people of the U.S.) don't think about other nations at all.

retard.jpg

StanJ53

Well just to be clear, I LOVE my kids, but with hind sight being 20/20, I would NOT have married their mother. Should have listened to that 'still small voice' that warned me.

BUT, I L O V E my kids!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I notice that the net traffic threw this site is mostly From the Usa.
Well, we had a lot of French here at one point, but they wouldn't talk to anyone else...the Brits have more important things to worry about, like dental insurance...we couldn't keep the Germans from posting in ALL CAPS so they had to go...Australians have the right sense of humor to make it here. I knew it the moment I saw what you people call bears. :plain:

Do Americans think that hosting other nations as friends is worth while.
Americans are like Democrats or snowflakes without all the snow. What I mean is that it's nearly impossible to find two of us that actually think alike, at least when you start in on details, which bores half of us to begin with...

All our famous beings from down under tend to end up living on your famous soil! As feathers in your cap!
Same thing with Canadians, though they mostly do it to escape the French among them and to live free, call bacon what it is, that sort of thing.

Here they mostly remind us to stock up on ammo.

One of those in changeable things. As a person as a nation
I love an optimist. :thumb:

Charity

You need more than one, Obama can not cover the size of your land, your up against many borders! As to doing it again, The south may have been better to split?

Less to spoil! Wild land 21

Quick! Divide it up now! :)

Cruciform

If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?
Almost everything, with the exception of meeting my wife and having our kids---and, of course, all of this assumes that I would have a completely different personality! :chuckle:

I would do exceptionally in high school; earn awesome scholarships; attend Oxford University; write a novel before the age of twenty-five; save money from every paycheck I ever received in order to build a substantial savings at a relatively early age; exercise and eat well over the entire course of my life (this would really require a different personality), etc., etc., etc.

Getting older is a curse.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

lovemeorhateme

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 5th, 2013 05:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

The only thing that I would do differently is try harder in school. I failed school badly, not because I wasn't capable but because at the time I couldn't be bothered to try. Right now I'm in the situation I can't afford to go back and get the qualifications I need.

The reason why there is so little I would do differently is because I know that the person I am is the sum of my past experiences. I've learned from all of my past experiences - the good, the bad and the ugly. God has taken me from that and formed me into the person He wants me to be. If I'd lived life differently, I wonder what person I would have become?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No, no . . . this one is good . . .

I have been blessed with the grace of God, and I wouldn't want to press His patience any further by trying to do things over!

:cloud9:

Dena

Well just to be clear, I LOVE my kids, but with hind sight being 20/20, I would NOT have married their mother. Should have listened to that 'still small voice' that warned me.

BUT, I L O V E my kids!

I'm guessing you are divorced?

PureX

No, no . . . this one is good . . .

I have been blessed with the grace of God, and I wouldn't want to press His patience any further by trying to do things over!

:cloud9:
That's an interesting take on it! :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

BUT, I L O V E my kids!

Well, if I could step back in time, I would absolutely marry my ex again because, if it were not for him, I would not have been blessed with my two oldest children.