toldailytopic: If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?

Dena

2 boys. I wish I had 2 more boys or girls or something in between.

It's okay though I just want them to have five children each.

How old are they now? Did you have a career or did you stay home?

You know, their wives may not be too keen on the five kids each thing. :chuckle:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
How old are they now? Did you have a career or did you stay home?

You know, their wives may not be too keen on the five kids each thing. :chuckle:

They are 25 and 21. One is married and all I have gotten from him so far is a grand pup.

I stayed home and I wouldn't change that for anything. One other regret that I kind of have is that I should have maybe gone to school while they were in school so that I had something at this time in my life.

And no I don't think I am going to end up with 10 grandchildren.

Dena

I'm 30 and I have none. I have tried twice though, so my mother can't complain. You know, parents under 50 can adopt (I'm not sure of your age). I mean...I'm just saying. It's older couples who tend to adopt teenagers.

Dena

I would not change one thing. Every thing lead up to who I am at this moment and I like who I am.

So there is not anyone in your life you think you should have treated differently...a word you should have a not said...a point you should not have pushed...a person with whom you wish you'd given more time?

exminister

I wouldn't care what people think and I wouldn't dwell so long on wrong that had been done to me.
Good for you. Life became easier after I let that resentment go.

Reminds me of a funny quote.
In my twenties I worried about what people thought about me.
In my thirties I decided to no longer care about what people thought about me.
In my forties I found out they weren't even thinking about me anyway.

Quincy

I've never understood those who say they have no regrets in life. I'm 30 years old and I have many so far...

It's not that I don't have regrets. I'm just afraid changing them would change the future, which would be the present affected by the past and well I don't want a future that wouldn't be the awesome present.

I have no idea what I just said or how to really explain it :chuckle: .

way 2 go

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 5th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?

read "The Plot" by Bob Enyart when i first heard about it rather than waiting years

exminister

So there is not anyone in your life you think you should have treated differently...a word you should have a not said...a point you should not have pushed...a person with whom you wish you'd given more time?
Nope.
I accept who I am and accept others as they are. We all make mistakes and are limited. Loving and forgiving others and myself covers a multitude of sins.
I found it such a waste of time fretting over details of the past. It never helped, it just ruined the present. I did spend some serious time feeling my past and learning from it, which was a painful and wonderful experience. It explained who I am and gave me freedom of choice in the present which is the only thing I have. Guilt and regrets took that away.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Q said:
Once long ago. I seem to remember it was about memory blackouts and then the joy of flashbacks. It would be nice to forget some things entirely.

the lead kept revisiting his youth - going back in time - to make changes in the past to make the present better

didn't work out the way he planned.

I may watch that tonight - it has an interesting performance by Eric Stolz as a creepy pedophile/father

i wasted last night trying to get interested in Welcome To The Punch

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I'm 30 and I have none. I have tried twice though, so my mother can't complain. You know, parents under 50 can adopt (I'm not sure of your age). I mean...I'm just saying. It's older couples who tend to adopt teenagers.

You're still young. I don't expect my oldest and his wife to have any before the age of 30. But can't say for sure and wouldn't pressure them. I'm not going to adopt at my age. I'm just going to wait. :)

Letsargue

Coming out of the Navy, I would by a small Lake front property, and just have a House Boat. The back yard would be unlimited. And I’d probably would have remained Lost. ---- NO! – I’ll stay where I am!!

Paul – 040513

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
On the same theme, I just watched this the other night.

What would I do differently? Ask someone not to go hiking in Yosemite National Park...

maybe.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Drive more careful, Make any sense?

Otherwise, not much. Then perhaps i might have more a sweetie?

Charity

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 5th, 2013 05:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

lol, back into the future style...maybe use the coin my mother gave me for the church offering to ingrave messages in the wooden church pue concerning her aunties estate That would be willed to the church.