toldailytopic: If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 5th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
I would not have chosen media in college, and perhaps tried harder in school - although it's not a matter regret.

Also, I'd have tried to stay away from girls a little more as they seemed to hold me back, stop me enjoying myself with friends, etc. But those are immature regrets, fortunately I have few serious.

ragTagblues

Maybe would have spent less time being sober . . . . Very overrated that!

In seriousness though, I genuinely believe the mistakes and good things in our past make us what we are in the present . . . . I'm not perfect; but I am the best me I can be.

Quincy

I agree with ragTag. I wouldn't change a thing. There have been many times I wish I could have, but in the end I realize my life has made me who I am and right now my life is really good. I would never want to mess with that.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not a thing. Different choices would have meant never having my three beautiful children ... no other choice would have brought as much love or joy into my life.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The one thing I would have wished was to have known my wife when she was younger. She was not happy, mostly from a move to a new state and school, and because her family and peers did not understand her. She's quite bright and very individualistic. I would have told her that better things were waiting for her, and that her children would be a source of joy and comfort for her.

It would have been nice to earn more money, but I have enough, and I wouldn't trade any amount of money for the things I love about my life.

I wish I had realized that messing around in the woods and river, learning about everything, was an honorable profession, not goofing off.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I wish I would have had more children.

:chuckle:

I was just going to post that when I turned the page and saw yours Sky.

Me too.

oh yeah - I would have slapped more hippies and feminists back in the sixties

Last edited:

PureX

The question implies that I am who I am, now, and could go back as I am and do it over. If that were the case I would do many things differently. Not the least of which would be that I would stay sober this time. And I would be a lot more fearless.