Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't care what people think and I wouldn't dwell so long on wrong that had been done to me.
    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

By the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain. - 1 Corinthians 15:10

This is all I could think of when deciding how to respond to this topic.

Comment

toldailytopic: If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?
        Live it free from sin.
        So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

Comment

Learn to play a musical instrument when I was a kid.
          Gotten to know my grandparents better while they were still here.
          Buy Google stock.
          "What if the Hokie Pokie is really what it's all about?"

"The best things in life aren't things"

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
            Anything is better than none.
            This is true. Unless said 'one' is Dexter.
            Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a unicorn.

“And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, ‘This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!’ And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, ‘No. This is what’s important.’” –Iain Thomas

Comment

Nothing. God has a specific plan for all.
              He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by sky. View Post
                I wish I would have had more children.
                How many do you have?

Comment

I've never understood those who say they have no regrets in life. I'm 30 years old and I have many so far...

~ I would spend more time with my Grandmother
                  ~ I would let my father bully me less
                  ~ I would encourage my mom to be who she wanted and do the things she wanted to do (I try not but she's in a different place)
                  ~ I would request to attend a different high school
                  ~ I would focus less on boys and more on school
                  ~ I would eat better
                  ~ I would take the $5K in cash my father offered rather than having a wedding I didn't want in the first place
                  ~ I would not put money into our home which now will result in a lose of about $40K.
                  ~ I would go back to school earlier
                  ~ I would admit my problems instead of hiding them so much because it hasn't done me any good and if I had practice when I was younger, I might be better at it now.
                  ~ I would continue to play the piano through college, even if only occasionally. Piano lessons are up to $25-$30 an hour and I could teach from home!

Comment

Originally posted by resurrected View Post
                    I would have slapped more hippies and feminists back in the sixties
                    You still can. Just walk up to most any college professor over the age of 60. Most of them are stuck in the 1960's.
                    WARNING: Graphic video here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dena View Post
                      How many do you have?
                      2 boys. I wish I had 2 more boys or girls or something in between.

It's okay though I just want them to have five children each.

Comment

Originally posted by sky. View Post
                        2 boys. I wish I had 2 more boys or girls or something in between.

It's okay though I just want them to have five children each.
                        How old are they now? Did you have a career or did you stay home?

You know, their wives may not be too keen on the five kids each thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dena View Post
                          How old are they now? Did you have a career or did you stay home?

You know, their wives may not be too keen on the five kids each thing.
                          They are 25 and 21. One is married and all I have gotten from him so far is a grand pup.

I stayed home and I wouldn't change that for anything. One other regret that I kind of have is that I should have maybe gone to school while they were in school so that I had something at this time in my life.

And no I don't think I am going to end up with 10 grandchildren.

Comment

I'm 30 and I have none. I have tried twice though, so my mother can't complain. You know, parents under 50 can adopt (I'm not sure of your age). I mean...I'm just saying. It's older couples who tend to adopt teenagers.

Comment

I would not change one thing. Every thing lead up to who I am at this moment and I like who I am.
                              Proverbs 17:19 Whoever loves a quarrel loves sin

Comment

Originally posted by exminister View Post
                                I would not change one thing. Every thing lead up to who I am at this moment and I like who I am.
                                So there is not anyone in your life you think you should have treated differently...a word you should have a not said...a point you should not have pushed...a person with whom you wish you'd given more time?

Comment

Working...
                                X