toldailytopic: He is risen! How did that event change the world?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 31st, 2013 08:32 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
For most of the world? :idunno:

not much

For those of us who know Christ?

It's made all the difference in the world.

Praise God.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

In the world, for the (me) believer in Jesus, it brought (brings) the joy of salvation, victory over death and the grave, eternal life, and our blessed hope.

In the world, for the non-believer it is business as usual, no hope, and eternally lost without accepting Jesus as Savior by His atoning death and resurrection from the dead.

Praise the Lord! Jesus is risen. And that for me is the absolute truth of John 14:6.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

1Co 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
1Co 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
1Co 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
1Co 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
1Co 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
1Co 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

And on a more practical level, it inspired his followers to spread the story of Jesus and the gospel.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
I recommend a book by a Christian (which I don't agree with on probably anything) on this called "When It Was Dark".

Buzzword

A poem I wrote about four Easters ago.

Nowadays I don't mind the extra trappings, given that I don't pay attention to them once the holiday itself arrives.

This Season II
Pagan birth: bunnies and eggs.
Christian birth: reduced to the dregs.
Hunting for candies,
Hiding from God,
We reduce our lot
On this slowly-spinning clod.
We’d rather have bunnies
Of chocolate so sweet
Than a Savior with nails
In His hands and His feet.

Lilies and dresses,
Candies and eggs,
Do nothing but insult
His unbroken legs.
Chewy bunnies and birdies
Across tongues do slide,
Hard-pressed to erase
The spear in His side.

The rolledaway stone,
The neatfolded shroud,
Give a chance for a home
With Him in the clouds.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

we may never know all the ways; the good and the bad. I say, "bad," because people are not inherently good and twist a great many things from their origins, for personal selfishness, etc.

But in the end, the only change that really matters, is that the world was reconciled to God through the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Doormat

He is risen! How did that event change the world?

Hebrews 2:14-15 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

1. - The devil got a concussion. We all know concussions have lasting effects. Satan never recovered from his. He doesn't have any power over those that choose to follow Christ.

Genesis 3:15 - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

2. - The curse of the Law has been abolished. Christians are not bound by the Old Testament ritual and sacrifice system. Jesus fulfilled that with his Death, Burial and Resurrection.

2 Corinthians 3:6 - Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

3. - Salvation is now extended to the Gentiles. The Body of Christ is born when Paul receives his appointment from Jesus Himself.

Read Acts 9:1-31 for the full account.

Here are some quotations from Paul that describe the impact of the gospel.

Romans 11:11 -I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Acts 28:28 -Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

This impact was also prophesied -

Isaiah 49:6 - And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

4. - Death and sin have been defanged. A way of escape is provided because of the Resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:17 - And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

1 Corinthians 15:55 - O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
For me I LOVE that it was the girls to who He showed Himself alive first.

Of course the men were locked behind closed doors, as usual it was the women taking care of things, doing the neccesary duties.

WOMEN preached the first resurrection sermon...." but they believed them not..." but it is my favourite bible story, how they came worrying about who would roll back the stone....how they ran to tell the brothers trembling with fear and joy.

Son of Jack

In that moment, all of human history was subsumed in Him, and God declared that He is making all things new in Him. Jesus was the firstfruits, vindicated by the Spirit, and the vision of what was and is to come for all of creation.

So, yeah...He makes all the difference.:)

IMJerusha

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

FREEDOM!!!!

To all who believe, we are free from the curse of the Law and we can show our love for God freely and without reservation!
We are bought and paid for and Yeshua is there to pick us up when we stumble or to carry us when we can not walk.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
FREEDOM!!!!

To all who believe, we are free from the curse of the Law and we can show our love for God freely and without reservation!
We are bought and paid for and Yeshua is there to pick us up when we stumble or to carry us when we can not walk.
Were Adam, Eve and Abraham under "the curse of the law". Supposedly, the law brings death to everyone, if some theologians are to be believed.

glorydaz

It opened the prison door so any man/woman/child who wished to have eternal life can simply turn to their Creator in childlike faith.

Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Those with faith lead others to the Light.

Matt. 5:6
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Through the preaching of the Gospel message of salvation, many sons are born of God. Without that influence of the love of God, this world would be an even darker place than it is today.

Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

glorydaz

Were Adam, Eve and Abraham under "the curse of the law". Supposedly, the law brings death to everyone, if some theologians are to be believed.

God said not to eat the fruit of one particular tree. They ate it anyway. They broke the law of God. Yep, they were cursed...separated from God...dwelling in a corrupted body in a corrupted world of sin. That's why we needed a Saviour.

way 2 go

2 things come to mind

Rom 5:17 For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.

today's date is because of him 3.31.2013
he split time:cool:

glorydaz

2 things come to mind

Rom 5:17 For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.

today's date is because of him 3.31.2013
he split time:cool:

:thumb: