toldailytopic: What does the resurrection of Christ signify?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 7th, 2012 08:55 AM

jesus-christ-risen-0603.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Last edited:

oatmeal

Romans 1:4

"And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: "

That Jesus Christ is the son of God with power.

Without the resurrection, Jesus Christ is just another man that died.

Without the resurrection, all Jesus Christ's claims are lies.

Without the resurrection, all we have is a dead man that claimed to a savior.

Without the resurrection, all we have is a dead criminal on the cross.

Without the resurrection, we are powerless as Christians.

Without the resurrection, our lives is the same ole, same ole,

Without the resurrection, we cannot walk in the newness of the life God made available to us in Christ.

Without the resurrection, the cross is the central theme of most denominations, oh, wait, death is the central theme of most "Christian" denominations.

oatmeal

SovereigntyIsGods

1 Corinthians 15:12-22
Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise upif in fact the dead do not rise. For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Rom. 6:3 Or don’t you know that all we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
Rom. 6:4 We were buried therefore with him through baptism to death, that just like Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life.
Rom. 6:5 For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will also be part of his resurrection;

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Act 3:18 But those things which God foretold by the mouth of all His prophets, that the Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled.
Act 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
Act 3:20 and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before,
Act 3:21 whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began

Php 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
Php 3:21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
Romans 4:25
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

1 Corinthians 15:16-17
For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sacrifice and enough love and power of a parent to conquer that sacrifice.

oatmeal

Isn't that what YOU believe? :confused:

Did you read what I posted?

a. yes

b. no

if you chose "b", then your post makes sense.

Have you not read that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead?

Jesus Christ was dead for over 72 hours, He would have remained so forever unless he was raised.

You should try reading scripture, instead of making ignorant comments.

oatmeal

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
Did you read what I posted?
Yep. I've read plenty of your posts and you deny that Jesus is God, so to YOU He is just "another man". Therefore, it is YOU who is ignorant, and the resurrection of Jesus does nothing for YOU.

Have you not read that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead?

Yep, but apparently YOU have not.

John 2:19-22
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” But He was speaking of the temple of His body. So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

Acts 13:30
But God raised Him from the dead

Absolute proof that Jesus is God.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The blood bought redeemed, the saved that are in Christ are ... "waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ." Titus 2:13​

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

2 Corinthians 4:14 - knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15 - For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

2 Corinthians 5:21 - For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

1 Thessalonians 1: 10 - and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

I have listed above some verses that illustrate the significance and some of the benefits that result because Jesus died and rose again. Below is a verse that gives instructions on how to receive these benefits. It's very simple:

Romans 10:9 - that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Bottom line is that Jesus rose from the grave to defeat the power of sin and death that results from it--especially the second death which is separation from God forever. Sin separates us from God. So there had to be an atoning sacrifice to remove the sin. For the solution to be permanent though, Jesus had to defeat death itself.
Romans 6:9 - knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.

The Resurrection is something that sets Christianity apart from all other religions. Paul has this to say about the importance of the Resurrection.
1 Corinthians 15:14 - And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.

Religions that do not have the Risen LORD at it their very center have no value, not in this life or next one.

eameece

Assuming this is a story of something that actually happened, which I don't think is proven, but which I tend to believe, Jesus demonstrated the potential in each of us to overcome death, and as related in The Celestine Prophecy, to travel between earthly life and afterlife. It is called ascension. It may be that others have done it too. It is something for humans to aspire to as we evolve. Jesus showed that humans can overcome death, and material limits, because we are eternal Spirit, the light of the world, and are one with God. In all of his works, Jesus demonstrated through faith and knowledge of God, what we can do, and even greater things than these. John 14:12

In a more symbolic sense, the resurrection is the symbol of the spiritual life that can be reborn in each of us, and which comes to life in Nature at this time of year.

Jedidiah

The Lord died, dying to the Law, and then He rose again, which means He now lives dead to the Law, the Law has no power over Him, and when we believe in Him, and confess Him with our mouths, and believe that God has raised Him from the dead, we are crucified with Him, we are in Him, He lives in Us, and we are members of the Body of the Lord Jesus Christ, and we also therefore live dead to the Law.

In Him,
-Jed

Robert Pate

Banned

jesus-christ-risen-0603.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Victory over sin, death and the devil.

The gates of heaven have been thrown wide open to ALL who want to go in.

Eternal life with Christ for ALL who desire it.

oatmeal

Yep. I've read plenty of your posts and you deny that Jesus is God, so to YOU He is just "another man". Therefore, it is YOU who is ignorant, and the resurrection of Jesus does nothing for YOU.

Yep, but apparently YOU have not.

Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” But He was speaking of the temple of His body. So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

Acts 13:30
But God raised Him from the dead

Absolute proof that Jesus is God.

I know that Jesus Christ is not God because that is what scriptures teach.

That is why God had to raise Jesus Christ from the dead.

He could not do it himself.

Because he would be dead at the time.

In death, there is no remembrance of God. Because there is no consciousness.

Psalm 6:5

However, as you pointed out in John

He was raised from the dead in verse 22. It does not say, when he raised himself from the dead.

Since there are over 20 verses that teach that God raised Jesus from the dead, and here we have Jesus saying that he would raise himself, we need to understand the power of God in JC's life.

For he himself taught in Mark 11:23

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith."

He simply declared the promise of God to him from the OT. That God would not allow his holy one to see corruption. Acts 2:27 that holy one is not the God that would leave his soul in the grave, nor leave the holy one to see corruption.

Jesus Christ believed God's promise to him and declared it.

Much like you or I saying, "Because I am saved, I am going to heaven" Neither you or I are going to heaven under our own power, yet I can say I am going there. Because I have believed and been saved.

I did Romans 10:9-10

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Note that one of the conditions of salvation is as follows:"

a. believe in your heart that Jesus is God and that he raised himself from the dead.

b. God raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

If you picked "b" you have read Romans 10:9-10.

"b" is the correct answer.

God did not die, Jesus Christ, who is the man died.

It is significant because it is because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead that we know that Jesus is the son of God.

Romans 1:4

Note we know he is the son of God by his resurrection. It does not say "God" but rather son of God.

"God = son of God"?

a. True

b. false

the correct answer is "b".

Funny, you should say that I believe that Jesus Christ is just another man.

so to YOU He is just "another man".

You have not read what I have posted or you are simply a liar and God does not approve of bearing false witness.

Consider I Timothy 2:5

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

are all men the mediators between God and men? No, only the man Christ Jesus is.

Did the resurrection from the dead come from God or from a man?

I Corinthians 15:21

"For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead."

the resurrection of the dead came by man, the man, Christ Jesus.

did the resurrection of the dead come by all men, you think so,

but that is not what scripture teaches.

It came by one man, Christ Jesus.

You need to quit bearing false witness and you need to bone up on what scripture teaches.

If you are humble enough, I would be glad to assist in your learning.

oatmeal

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
I know that Jesus Christ is not God because that is what scriptures teach.
I will not hijack this thread to prove to you again that Jesus is God. I only needed to make certain that everyone who knows Jesus is God is aware that you do not, so that they will not heed anything you say.

You need to quit bearing false witness and you need to bone up on what scripture teaches.
I have not bore false witness. You admit that you do not believe that Jesus is God. :kookoo:

The scriptures not only teach that Jesus is God, but also tell believers not to fellowship with wolves like you who only come to a site like this to steal, kill, and destroy.

Knight has chosen to let the wolves in the door. It's my job to hunt them down and take them out :Grizzly:.