toldailytopic: 2012: Hopes, predictions, expectations?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Psalmist number 2 ...

toldailytopic: 2012: Hopes, predictions, expectations?

Hopes?
  • I'll maintain my composure on TOL.
Predictions?
  • I don't think I'll get banned.
Expectations?
  • There are good days ahead.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am not American. But
I hope that American foreign policy will be based on righteousness, not on the protection of oil interests.

eameece

Why did people vote for Obama if they did not want him in.
The President is just a figurehead for Wall Street anyway and has little power.$$$$

I predict that all we will have in 2012 is more Violent Weather and Earthquakes.:cloud9:

I predict that the USA Economy will steadily improve in the next few years.$$$

I predict that Oil will be higher and the Future World Ecomony will be Robust just before Armageddon.:car::car:.:car::car:.:car::car:

Good ones!

I predict the movements for freedom and social equality in the Middle East, Russia, Europe and America will continue in 2012, reaching a peak in April and May, and break out in new places. This will continue for several years, and may get more unruly. Syria will have to be dealt with in the Spring, since civil war seems inevitable.

The USA may feel the need for a military deployment about that time.

Obama will defeat Romney for the presidency. I hope the people can also recapture congress from the corporate trickle-downers and fanatics.

Europe will muddle through its financial problems, which will peak near the beginning of the year. Our USA economy will make modest progress, which will get stronger toward the end of the year. Structural problems remain which will keep unemployment high.

I hope people will realize that to solve them, the people through their government will need to restrict and command corporate behavior, not allow it to be free. You can't let wealthy capitalists "run their own lives." That means they run OUR lives.

Working hours need to be reduced, and wages raised, because of automation. Free trade needs to be replaced with fair trade. College costs need to decrease, and teachers need to be allowed to teach, not teach to tests designed by politicians worried about voters' demands for back-to-basics to save taxes. Homeowners need more help with foreclosures. Taxes need to be raised on the wealthy to reduce the debt which they caused. New jobs in green and other tech need to be spearheaded with new investments. These are just some of the things Americans need to face up to, before the economy ever fully recovers. This may take 15 or 20 years, if it ever happens. Otherwise, we become a banana republic, and real people will need to move elsewhere, or split the nation up.

Misdeeds of bankers and money men will lead to further anger and calls for reform at the end of the year.

Foreign pressures demand further diplomatic action and military deployments late in the year and into 2013. Tensions rise in the Far East as well as the Middle East and Muslim world. I may have more specific details later. America is war weary, but there may be developments in 2012-2013 that lead to later involvements down the road.

Todah

I made a decision a couple of months ago that this forum is not what it used to be, and therefore I need to stop attending it. It used to be filled with right wing, traditional conservative Bible believers like myself.

For a while it became overrun with agnostics-atheists, mainly of the virulent Christian hating brand. They were useful as backstops for our arguments and some actually converted to the one true God.

Eventually they became legion and overran practically every thread with their venom and hatred of God and His children.

Thankfully most of them have have either lost interest or been banned.
(e.g. uberpod......persephone, et.al.)

This site has improved over the past couple months. However it still has an inordinate amount of liberal believers, who believe that abortion is OK, homosexuality is OK and Islam is OK.

These are the three great evils that are destroying this country from within. None of these are OK. The first two are sins against God and the way He has created us to both love others, and receive love, from others.

The third, Islam, is not just a false religion, that worships a different god. It is a evil, violent, conquering, totalitarian system, with a religion, and some peaceful deceived people, attached to it, to give it some initial credibility. It is the religion of lies, murder and deception through which the antichrist will arise. I believe this will happen in Turkey within the next fifteen years.

This year 2012 will not be the end of the world. I think it will be a year of famine, however.

I am going to spend this year working hard at two things. One is practicing my faith. I have relearned this from watching a young man named Tim Tebow. He has his priorities straight, and is unashamed of his faith. He believes in the old Protestant ethic of working as hard as one can, yet, at the same time, being aware that God has bigger plans for us, then even we desire, or envision.

Second is to prepare for food shortages by growing sprouts and microgreens, even during the winter, and early spring, and a full garden in the spring and summer. I want to be able to provide for my family and friends, if all the "experts'" and my intuitive feelings are right.

I do not want to be on a forum that gives a platform for a Jew hater named apple7. When you see his despicable thread and his name know it was directly responsible for Todah disappearing.

I have asked for him to be permanently banned and stated it is either him or me. It is now the first of the year.... it is time...... and it is me.

My favorite posters have been Ninevah, One Eyed Jack, Poly, Turbo, Bob Enyart, and of course Knight. Half of them never post anymore, so for yet another reason, it is also a good time for me to leave as well.

Thank you Knight for all your hard work and for having such a stimulating site, where ideas and theologies are exchanged and fought over. I wish you Godspeed, as you go into the first new year of your life without your beloved father, and friend to look up to, share, and lean upon. I still miss my dad after all these years.

Please completely delete my account, or permanently ban me, so I won't be tempted to escape my work I have set forth, in this new year ahead. Thank you.

P.S. and heads up to everyone. My computer was infected from a virus on one of ghosts threads. I had to rescan my computer to clean it out. Also it has blocked several viruses in the past few days, all from this forum, and most from apple7's thread, a couple from the Tim Masters thread. Just sayin, and no I am not making this up!!!

Last edited:

jwp98

Looking back: with a twinge of sadness for those who fell through the cracks and those self deluded.

Expecting: almost all of us will sleep with overfull bellies in beds protected by our own firearms and/or an honest police force. We will contiunue on our useless course of class warfare. We will spend more time accusing than bettering ourselves.

Hope: we will stop leading, and misleading, an ungrateful world, secure our borders, make our hands busy with production, bolster our own oil supply, buy domestic, birth healthy children, dare to tell the truth not just what's PC, travel fearlessly, spend confidently, and study and pray hard.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
This site has improved over the past couple months. However it still has an inordinate amount of liberal believers, who believe that abortion is OK, homosexuality is OK and Islam is OK.

what is so interesting here is that the liberals have to ignore the fact that Islam does not tolerate homosexuality

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hope... we get a decent candidate to defeat Barrack Obama in 2012 election.
I predict.... that we wont.
I expect... that Obama will be elected for another 4 years.

If the Mayans are right, and it seems so, at least we won't have to deal with all 4 years. Who knew their crystal ball could see what we have to look at.

View attachment 16865

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hopes?
  • To become a better poster on TOL and keep my cool.
Predictions?
  • I'll stay under 1 ban
Expectations?
  • TOL has more good days ahead of it.
I am not into the doom and gloom most seem to be embibing. When we have Christ no matter the situation, we win. The economy will suffer because of irresponsible men and women in office. I will probably have to do some belt tightening this year. But I am one that always sees the silver lining. I have Jesus, what more do I need?

Spiritoverflesh

I hope that the jumps in technology are used for the global good.

I expect the global financial situation to become alleviated significantly.

I predict there is going to be a major event in asia over the summer that affects the world.

faramir77

i predict we shall all be reqiured to pay more for inferior quality goods and services.
the birth-pangs of war, famine, plague and natural disaster will esaclate.
and political and economic scandal will birth, thru the prestidigitation of smoke-n-mirror Hollywood Magic, produce a Charlie Sheen/Lindsey Lohan sex tape to divert the minds of the commoners.

i hope i am wrong.

thank you Edgar Casey.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the only reason 2012 will not be worse than 2011 is that many will think the election is cause for hope
but
regardless of the election outcome 2013 will be really bad

eameece

Hopes?
  • To become a better poster on TOL and keep my cool.
Predictions?
  • I'll stay under 1 ban
Expectations?
  • TOL has more good days ahead of it.
I am not into the doom and gloom most seem to be embibing. When we have Christ no matter the situation, we win. The economy will suffer because of irresponsible men and women in office. I will probably have to do some belt tightening this year. But I am one that always sees the silver lining. I have Jesus, what more do I need?

YOu need some disinfectant for your posts. I hope you resolve to kill that bug or give it back to Tomo. One is enough.