toldailytopic: Illegal immigration. How should the US Government handle it's southern

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 28th, 2011 11:44 AM

toldailytopic: Illegal immigration. How should the US Government handle it's southern border and the illegal immigrant problem?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Todah

Since we do not have any de facto illegal immigration, I would propose a one year amnesty program. During the next year we educate both immigrants and businesses and households that one year from now, a real fence built by the experts, the illegals themselves, will be completed. This will provide the trespassers with plenty of work for the next year. There will be zero arrests for the next year, for simply trespassing on American soil. That would be my amnesty plan.

However at the end of the year trespassing will be considered de facto, illegal immigration, and the laws already on the books will be strictly enforced.

Anyone then on this side of their fence will be immediately deported. Households and businesses that employ illegal immigrants will be fined the cost of deportation, when applicable. Otherwise taxpayers will pay the cost, as this is a legitimate function of our federal government, and one of the reasons that we pay taxes.

I think one full year, to allow everyone the chance to adjust to the changes, is fair.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
If you want Mexican labor to build the fence there is no reason to allow them into America. They can set up camps on the Mexican side and do all the work under direct supervision in the immediate area of construction. The Mexican Government can even take credit for helping their people by providing security on their side to insure no one is treated unfairly.

As far as any amnesty program is concerned? Why any amnesty, all countries have their immigration laws and they have been established for many years, whats the point? Enforce what we have, if any weaknesses are found, reenforce them/ adjust them to correct for the weakness.

Build the wall/fence, put up signs as to the dangers (electrified fences, barbed wire, booby traps, machine gun armed drones etc.) then actually and physically enforce the laws with gusto!

If some one is going to break the law and only receive a slap on the hand, they will come back another day. Make the slap hurt so they will actually have reason not to return, such as working for free on the border fence.

If American businesses continue to hire illegals, set severe penalties, if that doesn't stop them, close the business down.

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Make incentives for large companies to hire American workers. Make work available by name and social security card only for those who are chronically unemployed.
If you want to know my reason for this, just ask me, long ago I held a short summer position with an employment service.

Buzzword

For border security:
f5a283eb-7233-403a-a8bc-52fda4cfae93.jpg

For those screaming against businesses employing illegals, ya'll should really do a study on the restaurant industry.
Or just make friends with a few waitresses and ask them how often they have to say "Mas pan, por favor!"

The only reason places like Olive Garden, Johnny Carino's, Red Lobster, Spaghetti Warehouse, Cheesecake Factory, etc. are affordable to any but the very rich is because THEY EMPLOY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Thus they are able to epicly cut costs to customers, and allow the you's and me's of this country to enjoy a nicer meal every now and then.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
The only reason places like Olive Garden, Johnny Carino's, Red Lobster, Spaghetti Warehouse, Cheesecake Factory, etc. are affordable to any but the very rich is because THEY EMPLOY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Thus they are able to epicly cut costs to customers, and allow the you's and me's of this country to enjoy a nicer meal

They employ illegals in order to increase their profit margin, since the lower the cost of preparation equals higher profits. Besides restaurants tailor their menus and pricing according to the demographics of the customers that they want.

Except Johny Carino's (since I have never heard of or even been in one), I wouldn't place the others in the same category as one serving nicer meals. You really think they are a quality operation?

The only one of that group that does put forth an effort and that is more in line with over all appearance/service (aesthetics) and not necessarily food taste and quality, would be Olive Garden and I only go there when my Daughter in Law comes to town, some how it is her favorite. You want Italian food, go to a Mom and Pop Italian restaurant...and not the one with the Chinese cook!:rotfl:

Red Lobster? I have never seen a restaurant consistently mess up sea food as well as these guys. They only know how to over cook sea food, poor fish and lobsters are almost rubbery! And don't even think about eating their chowder, you'll be chewing all night.

Sorry Buzzword, just noticed you are in Oklahoma, probably hard to find decent sea food that far inland.

Todah

For border security:
f5a283eb-7233-403a-a8bc-52fda4cfae93.jpg

For those screaming against businesses employing illegals, ya'll should really do a study on the restaurant industry.
Or just make friends with a few waitresses and ask them how often they have to say "Mas pan, por favor!"

Thus they are able to epicly cut costs to customers, and allow the you's and me's of this country to enjoy a nicer meal every now and then.

I can't afford any of those places. Especially the Olive Garden, it is so overpriced it is ridiculous. So there goes your theory.

If a restaurant was a family run business, non corporate, and not bothered by government taxes and interference, the prices would be lower and the family, would have a six figure income.

Hiring illegals helps offset these other problems caused by the breakdown of our societal and family structure, and facilitates its complete disintegration.

Besides, illegals who do not pay their fair share of taxes versus government services received are an overall drailn on the economy, not a boon to it.

Our standard of living in America has decreased since illegals have entered the economy en masse, not increased. Now go enjoy your $20.00 bowl of pasta with a drink, and taxes, and taxes and more hidden taxes, and tips, at your local Olive Garden.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Get rid of all the programs that encourage illegal immigrants to come over here in the first place. Right now they get free health care and education. They are sucking the US dry. Then we need to fence off our Southern boarder. We also need to institute some kind of standards for legal immigration. It is the undesirables from the South that come over here--the drug dealers and other kinds of criminals. A person needs to have a clean record to be able to immigrate.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
We could repeal the nationalized citizen for everyone born in the US. It was not always the case. Let them work first, then have earned benefits. This seems like common sense and is very democratic by implication, when compared with other systems of government.

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Get rid of all the programs that encourage illegal immigrants..............yep

We also need to institute some kind of standards for legal immigration. We have them but do nt eforce them, cheap laybour you know

It is the undesirables from the South that come over here...................
Did you know the second largest group of immigration are Chinese? They sell us all their cheap products to us and the poorest sneak into the US. I bet China with have the largest GNP in five years.

Last edited:

Ted L Glines

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 28th, 2011 11:44 AM

toldailytopic: Illegal immigration. How should the US Government handle it's southern border and the illegal immigrant problem?

By enforcing the laws which are currently on the books. It is currently illegal for an employer to hire an undocumented alien. Enforce that law by jailing employers who hire illegal aliens, and deport all of his workers.

Oh, but there is a teensy problem. You won't have lettuce and many other vegetables to eat. You won't have oranges and many other fruits to eat. Cotton crops won't get harvested. Road repairs will grind to a halt. You won't be able to buy shirts and pants when the garment industry is shut down. You see, these are the jobs held by illegal aliens, and our proud white Americans are too good to do that sort of menial labor. Isn't that a shame?

But, by all means, enforce the law.

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's the solution - "wide gates"

Simply have an attitude that if you aren't here to cause trouble, you are allowed in. The requirement for coming in is to be identified. It's that simple.

Once this is allowed, the idea of a fence will be possible politically. And since politics is the only thing standing in the way of a fence now, that will be what allows us to get the fence everyone is clamoring for.

As far as benefits being given to the illegals, don't look at them, they aren't giving themselves the benefits.

One Eyed Jack

Oh, but there is a teensy problem. You won't have lettuce and many other vegetables to eat. You won't have oranges and many other fruits to eat. Cotton crops won't get harvested. Road repairs will grind to a halt. You won't be able to buy shirts and pants when the garment industry is shut down. You see, these are the jobs held by illegal aliens, and our proud white Americans are too good to do that sort of menial labor. Isn't that a shame?

Convicts can do that stuff.