toldailytopic: Summer movies. Which summer blockbuster movies are you most excited to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 1st, 2011 10:28 AM

toldailytopic: Summer movies. Which summer blockbuster movies are you most excited to see?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Son of Jack

I honestly don't know what's coming out...:idunno:

But, we will be going to see Cars 2 because my children loved the first one.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In my case that would be, which summer movies are you really going to hate missing...

The X-men: First Class; Cowboys and Aliens; Thor; Mission Impossible IV; Kung Fu Panda; Green Lantern; Cars 2; The last Harry Potter; Captain America...off the top of my head.

Son of Jack

In my case that would be, which summer movies are you really going to hate missing...

The X-men: First Class; Cowboys and Aliens; Thor; Mission Impossible IV; Kung Fu Panda; Green Lantern; Cars 2; The last Harry Potter; Captain America...off the top of my head.

Such is the life of a parent with a newborn, but Jack will be more interesting than any of those movies.:)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Such is the life of a parent with a newborn, but Jack will be more interesting than any of those movies.:)
:D And the popcorn is better here too.

...and I'll catch them on netflix and suffer through a 55' HD Samsung presentation. Not exactly roughing it. :chuckle: Though there's nothing quite like watching a blockbuster on the big screen.

Ah, well. I'll take the trade. :thumb:

Buzzword

Every single superhero movie.
Thor already blew my mind, and if it's the worst of them this will be the most epic year for superhero movies..

Kung Fu Panda 2 looks amazing, and I'm already getting stories of its epic bodacity.

Cowboys and Aliens looks...weird, but if it's executed well it should be good.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Sucker Punch was already released.....I have nothing more to look foreward to. :sigh:

Ecumenicist

Took the kids to see the new Pirates movie. The reviews are true, its not as good as the first three. I think the script needed another year of distillation, it seemed "thrown together," not nearly as witty and fun as previous ones, just a bunch of characters in a bunch of scenes doing familiar piratey stuff. Worth seeing as a die-hard fan and in hopes the sequels will be better.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Captain America. :banana:
X-Men :banana:
Green Lantern :banana:
Transformers :banana:

elohiym

Kung Fu Panda 2

The first was great, so I'll give this one a shot. When it comes to video :plain: ...TH.

"We do not wash our pits in the sacred pool of tears." :rotfl:

Squishes

I don't care much for Michael Bay movies and nothing is more boring to me than a comic book flick, so this summer is going to be a little slow for me. But a few I am looking forward to:

Tree of Life
Take Shelter
City of Life and Death

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
We saw:
Thor - Enjoyed it.
Pirate 4 - Loved it

We are looking forward to
Harry Potter
Super 8
The X-men: First Class
Cowboys and Aliens
Green Lantern
Cars 2
Captain America

There are several more we want to see but I can't think of their names right now.

Selaphiel

I don't care much for Michael Bay movies and nothing is more boring to me than a comic book flick, so this summer is going to be a little slow for me.

This.

I'm also looking forward to Tree of Life, and I hope to see Melancholia soon.

elohiym

That's the only movie I'm really looking forward to. I'm a huge JJ Abrams fan.

You watch Fringe then of course.

I've watched the entire series. :up:

And Abram's Star Trek was the best movie in the franchise to date, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.