toldailytopic: What were your favorite childhood toys and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:) My Bike....exactly (except for the color....mine was metallic gold):

68%20CG3SPD.jpg

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Dolls, dolls and more dolls. Do dresses fit im well, of course! There is a big difference between velvet and velveteen, or silk and nylon,,or rayon and cotton. It is matter of texture to the touch, which forms early opinions about what you lie touching your skin.

How many men actually want to be GI Joe? How many women know what texture we like? What proactive is more relative to adulthood?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I also liked building with...
  • Lincoln Logs
  • A.C. Gilbert Erector Set
  • Yes and a Lionel Electric Train
Marbles, what about marbles. I had a box full of marbles -
  • Agates, steelies, clearies, variegated colors, boulders and pee-wees

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is the Monark Gene Autry Special like I had...

Last edited:

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Copies of the race cars I had...

Ohlsson Rice . . . . Thimble Drone . . . . Wind-up early 50's Indy car

Last edited:

Ps82

Every girl in our town had a hula hoop. We would gather in groups and just hula hoop and talk about boy friends for hours.

bybee

Loved my roller skates. We skated for blocks around our neighborhood.I loved skating fast. I also loved my bicycle. I took me to wherever I wanted to go.
And of course I had a favorite doll. My best friend and I learned how to sew and embroider as we made clothes for our dolls.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did any of you play cowboys and indian's? I had a really nice six shooter cap gun it was called "Long Tom, they had white grips on the handle, and a long barrel; I also had a Marx 25" Winchester '74 cap rifle that was really neat. I never did have a BB gun though.

Copies of the cap guns I had.
Long Tom and Marx Winchester

Last edited:

Alate_One

Hard to pick just one. Probably the original NES wins for amount of time played, Super Mario 2 and Super Mario 3 were both a big deal and involved a lot of time spent. I gave a speech to my class on Super Mario 2 in 4th grade iirc. Also played the Atari though by the time I got my own the NES had come out.

Talking about a more traditional toy, it was probably a tossup between My Little Pony and Care Bears.

2980658646_453589f480.jpg

I had and her friend Bowtie when I was about three. My best friend and I collected quite a few together. I had a tendency to mutilate them by chopping their tails off though. :p

I wasn't allowed to have a pegasus or unicorn pony though because my mother said they were too "occult" related . . . :dead:

So when I hit college I bought and sold ponies on Ebay and finally got some pegasi and unicorns. ;)

This was my favorite of my modern (10+ years ago) acquisitions.
November%20SM-0092.jpg

some other dude

Big little books and Buck Rogers pistols!

This one you'd **** like an air gun. It made a loud crack when you pulled the trigger.

xz31_comic_edit.jpg

This one had a flint and steel behind clear mica windows. I don't remember the sound it made but the sparks would light up the top part.

1930,atomic,atomic,toys,buck,rogers,atomic,pistol,historical,product,photography-48bea335ad3a72bb07b180741c789716_h.jpg

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
We loved micronauts, and star wars toys, and all kinds of models, anything from sci-fi to Dukes of Hazard to WW1 thru Vietnam era. Then we got into Metagaming Microgames, like Ogre, GEV, Sticks and Stones, lots of others, and also an RPG called The Fantasy Trip. We then started playing Traveller and Gamma World too. [insert nerd alert here]

That's a fairly good nutshell version of my childhood toys history as I recall.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My favorite toy when I was really young (around four or five years old) was a pink and yellow stuffed dog named Benji. Some sailors that were stationed on the USS Kitty Hawk with my step-father went to Seattle Center and played some of the games there. One of them won the stuffed dog. He was carrying it around and his buddies were making fun of him for it. So, when they came to pick up my step-father, he gave it to me. I had Benji for over five years before he finally fell apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.