toldailytopic: Donald Trump as a presidential candidate, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoo22

Trump is a joke. I can't believe people are giving him serious consideration. He's exactly what Obama wants to come from the Republican Party as a "contender". What an epic win that would be for Obama.

I think that the Republicans can do better than some washed-up, bankrupt-prone, combed-over, egomaniacal/narcissistic, media-whore. But I could be wrong. Maybe that is all the Republicans can pull together for a presidential nomination.

I don't believe he could get the republican nomination, and I don't think he'll run... I think he's set up a situation that he can get a lot of publicity and spotlights from, with the long chance scenario being if he actually found himself as a real contender, he would run. I just don't think that'll happen.

Quincy

Trump has done this before. He's just gloryhound who is looking to gain more fame. He's done this several times. I don't see why anyone would get their hope for any of these celebrities that want to run for the Republican party. A real candidate will show up eventually, at least one would hope.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you think Trump is a joke, our present President is a joke. If given a choice between the two I would take Trump.

Quincy

If you think Trump is a joke, our present President is a joke. If given a choice between the two I would take Trump.

I don't really agree with Obama much but Trump is the Al Sharpton of the Republican party. He is going to hurt them because he chooses dead issues that you can't win on like birthing and if he ever does get into a debate, he is just going to be about him and how great he is.

some other dude

The only reason Trump is getting any attention right now is that the serious candidates are laying low.

And the only reason Trump ever does anything like this is to get the attention.

Quincy

The only reason Trump is getting any attention right now is that the serious candidates are laying low.

And the only reason Trump ever does anything like this is to get the attention.

Exactly! When a Haley Barbour or Paul Ryan announce they're running people will forget about these Trumps and Palins.

keypurr

We need to get rid of all the people in office. They are not looking out for our interest. Trump might be outside of the gang, who knows? Lets wait and see who runs.

Son of Jack

Exactly! When a Haley Barbour or Paul Ryan announce they're running people will forget about these Trumps and Palins.

I'll be voting for Haley Barbour. He is currently governor of my state and has done an excellent job while in office.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Even if he does not run he has brought up a lot of great ideas concerning how best to get America back where it needs to be on the world stage. America does not need to apologize to any nation for anything, ever. I don't agree with him on some things but, I think he will spur great debate amongst those that do intend to run as conservatives in this next election cycle.

WandererInFog

Barbour has already made it obvious he's running and can't get out of the single digit range. The only time he's even been able to enter double digits in so much as a straw poll was one in Charleston where he happened to be the only candidate that bothered to show and speak to those in attendance. He has no national name recognition and pulls from the same basic pool of major donors of Gingrich. So I wouldn't really expect much, though he could theoretically end up on the bottom of a Republican ticket that needs to shore up support in the south.

As for Paul Ryan, despite being the flavour of the week among Republicans, if he were to actually run for political office in the near future he would get hammered for his support of TARP, the wall street bail-out, and the government takeover of Chrysler/GM, and I also imagine it would lead to his opponents noticing that his proposed budget was actually going to be an across the board tax increase for lower and middle income families.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Even if he does not run he has brought up a lot of great ideas concerning how best to get America back where it needs to be on the world stage. America does not need to apologize to any nation for anything, ever. I don't agree with him on some things but, I think he will spur great debate amongst those that do intend to run as conservatives in this next election cycle.

well said

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
He's anti-choice, so that means I would not vote for him.
You can't trust any politician stupid enough to believe that you can stop abortion by making it illegal, or that laws against abortion can even be enforced. They can't !
And don;t give me all that baloney about abortion being murder.It's not done for the same reasons that people murder born people.
It's an act of desperation, not malice.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I'd vote for Trump over Obama. I'd vote for Daffy Duck over Obama though.
I cant picture a scenario where I'd vote for Trump in primaries though.

some other dude

And don;t give me all that baloney about abortion being murder.

An innocent child is deliberately killed. What else would you call it? :idunno:

It's not done for the same reasons that people murder born people.

Since when does motive negate pre-meditated murder?

In many cases it's an act of convenience.

And why would "desperation, not malice" determine whether or not it was murder? If I lose my job and am about to lose my house and in desperation attempt to rob a bank and shoot a teller in the process, is that any less murder because I was desperate and bore the teller no ill will?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
He's anti-choice, so that means I would not vote for him.
You can't trust any politician stupid enough to believe that you can stop abortion by making it illegal, or that laws against abortion can even be enforced. They can't !
And don;t give me all that baloney about abortion being murder.It's not done for the same reasons that people murder born people.

Over 50 million babies have been aborted in this country. How many do you think were aborted out of desperation, and how many out of convenience?

Abortion is the killing of a child. If a 1 lb. 15 oz. preemie can live, and yet that same size baby can be aborted (and the doctor has to count all the body parts to make sure he has them all) it can only be called murder.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
And you really think that we'd have 50 million more people in America today if not for Roe V Wade? How can you be that naive?
Face it -abortions will happen whether they are legal or not.
Most are NOT done for convenience. Bringing unwanted children into the world makes them much more likely to be abused and or neglected, and to grow up in poverty and hopelessness. This is merciful? There is nothing you or I or the government can do about this. Trying to enforce laws against abortion is a study in futility.
Forced childbearing = catastrophe.

some other dude

And you really think that we'd have 50 million more people in America today if not for Roe V Wade?

Would you like an answer to your question, or would you rather go right ahead and attack the strawman?

How can you be that naive?

:chuckle:

Most are NOT done for convenience.

Opinion? Or do you have stats?

Trying to enforce laws against abortion is a study in futility.

Didn't seem so back before 1973. :idunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.