toldailytopic: Donald Trump as a presidential candidate, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
"Frankly if I ran as an Independent and didn’t win, I would hurt the Republicans and that disturbs me.”

Trump

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 18th, 2011 10:50 AM

toldailytopic: Donald Trump as a presidential candidate, thoughts?

I can't take him seriously and I would never vote for him.

I question whether or not even he's taking his presidential bid seriously.

It's kinda sad that he is doing so well in the Republican Party.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Did you read the part that said he was pro-abortion? That ought to be enough right there.

And the financing of the Dems? Think about it. I think someone's trying to play us.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
ohferPete'ssake. :doh:

Just forget I said anything, except maybe until you see the GOP field split beyond repair and Obama sailing into a second term.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

Just forget I said anything, except maybe until you see the GOP field split beyond repair and Obama sailing into a second term.

this is the primary season
and
all you have to do is vote for your favorite republican

kmoney

Hall of Fame
chrys, read this, please:

DONALD CHUMP AND HIS SPIN

by Mark Levin

See, your first mistake was posting a link from Facebook instead of Fox News. :eek:

It's sad to me that Trump might risk splitting the GOP but in reality I don't think he'll cause that much trouble. I think Berean is right. Trump might make some waves now but later on the more serious candidates will rise.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
See, your first mistake was posting a link from Facebook instead of Fox News. :eek:

It's sad to me that Trump might risk splitting the GOP but in reality I don't think he'll cause that much trouble. I think Berean is right. Trump might make some waves now but later on the more serious candidates will rise.

that was pretty good

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I hope he's right. I don't think the field is that strong to begin with.

I wish Paul Ryan would run.

zoo22

"Frankly if I ran as an Independent and didn’t win, I would hurt the Republicans and that disturbs me.”

Trump

Consider that quote is from the very same interview where Trump says that if he doesn't get the GOP nomination, he will probably run as independent.

If you put it all together, he's saying "if I don't get the GOP nomination, it will hurt the republican party, because I will 'probably' run as an independent." His "and that disturbs me," is essentially an add-on so he can remain aligned with the GOP until he decides otherwise, rather than standing against them (as he wants that support). It's a sneaky blackmail statement towards the GOP and it's not very veiled. He's taking your precious party on a [PR] ride, Chrysostom.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whether I vote for Trump or not depend on who else we get for the Republican nomination. Presently I am leaning toward Keyes.

Newman

Trump is a joke. I can't believe people are giving him serious consideration. He's exactly what Obama wants to come from the Republican Party as a "contender". What an epic win that would be for Obama.

I think that the Republicans can do better than some washed-up, bankrupt-prone, combed-over, egomaniacal/narcissistic, media-whore. But I could be wrong. Maybe that is all the Republicans can pull together for a presidential nomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.