toldailytopic: It's tax time! What are your thoughts about the US income tax system a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 15th, 2011 12:14 PM

toldailytopic: It's tax time!! What are your thoughts about the US income tax system and the IRS?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Last edited:

Newman

It's outright theft. And complicated.

I think that we can afford to go back to 2005 spending levels and do away with the income tax.

Income tax is about 33% of gov't revenue. Federal budgets have increased about 33% since 2005.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As long as it's going to Obama, I'm happy to pay my taxes. He's someone I can trust...
:D

It isn't going to Obama. It never did. It did shift though, from Nancy Pelosi to John Boehner.

I am still arguing over last year.

Yazichestvo

Well, considering our financial position, some higher taxing will be necessary. It seems like double-talk to say that we should balance the budget, but no one wants to pay for it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Every year there is some deduction that I can no longer take that I was able to take the year before.

Obama is talking about eliminating the schedule A. He says that most Americans don't use it, and claims they only take the standard deduction.

If Obama can't do away with the schedule A completely, he wants to eliminate the mortage interest deduction from the schedule A.

If he does succeed in eliminating the schedule A, it will be really bad news for churches, charities, and non-profits.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
something about taxes]

I do not see them anymore, the accountant does, but most investment papers, I burn up because they are the same old junk telling all owners about business as usual. I hate papers:wave2:

Quincy

I hate our tax system. Way too many deductions, breaks and benefits. People shouldn't get back any more than the difference between what they paid in and what they actually owe the government

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hate our tax system. Way too many deductions, breaks and benefits. People shouldn't get back any more than the difference between what they paid in and what they actually owe the government

This is all true. But it is also true that the rates are too high, and are stealing. I am glad to read you have a problem with Obama not making GE, or other liberal donated companies paying no tax.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What do you think would be a good solution to fix the tax system we have in the USA?

- Reform the current system
- Move to a national sales tax
- Move to a flat tax
- Other (please explain)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What do you think would be a good solution to fix the tax system we have in the USA?

- Reform the current system
- Move to a national sales tax
- Move to a flat tax
- Other (please explain)

I am in favor of a national sales tax but only if something is done about the property tax

Status
Not open for further replies.