toldailytopic: When I retire I'm gonna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 14th, 2011 11:05 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When I retire I'm gonna...

- Move to a place that is warm.
- Sit around all day and drink mojitos and smoke cigars. :BillyBob:

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I retire I'm gonna...

Move some place warm.
Sit around all day and drink mojitos and smoke cigars. :BillyBob:

That and erect a large wall with a king kong style gate protected with a belt fed.

El DLo

I'm 19 now. Based on economic trends, I'm never going to retire unless I manage to get rich.

some other dude

All it takes is financial discipline. The discipline that most young people do not have (including myself).

And learn to enjoy working hard.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I want to have a place on the Mediterranean. Spend the spring and summer there and come home for the fall/winter. Probably do that within the next ten years, depending. I want Jack's formative years here, but I plan to take him abroad fairly early and think he'd benefit from the exposure, culture and general education afforded by travel. Plus, I love southern Spain and the Etruscan coast...

Of course if the book doesn't work I'll be mopping up at Hardee's and my retirement will likely take the form of acute dementia. :think: But I'm an optimist. :D

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Have been and becoming more like someone who has no other plans than being cared for. Maybe I will play bingo?

Lovejoy

I figure the Sunset Squad will come for me, and take me to the Near-Death Star.

After that, I plan on spending some time leaching off my kids.

ragTagblues

I honestly look forward to being thoroughly bored for a few years . . . .

I hopefully will be spending it with a women that I love, in a country where the climate is warm and so are the people . . . .

I want to be able to wake up one morning knowing I have nothing more challenging to do then mow the lawn or trim some flowers . . . .

I want to be able to sit in a chair for extended periods of time reading a book and listening to the radio . . . .

If I still can, I would like to wake up early in the morning and play guitar somewhere peaceful for a few hours, unlike now where I get twenty minutes if I wake up early enough . . . .

Maybe work behind the bars of some local sports clubs . . . .

and of course

Continue to get annoyed, amused and welcomed by posters here on ToL . . . .

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I have retired, but since that is the topic of the day...

I (we) like the idea of Retirement/healthcare nursing home chaplain, wait I'm doing that already. It is a four to six day a week opportunity to help, cheer and comfort the retired and the ill and infirm. It something that I (we) have done since 1979 with working, and unhindered since my 2001 disability/retirement.

Someday I would like to return to Metro-Denver and finish my earthly there. But with the reality of the way things are since being in the lower climates of Ohio and now Texas, our breathing is better and we've stayed out of the hospital for six years with respiratory issues.

Dena

I don't currently work outside the home so is that like being retired? I was hoping when we're older I could have the career and my husband could take care of the home.

Lovejoy

I don't currently work outside the home so is that like being retired? I was hoping when we're older I could have the career and my husband could take care of the home.

Have you considered fighting in MMA as a retirement career? (see how I brought the threads together?)

Status
Not open for further replies.