toldailytopic: It's spring break! What are your plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm a night auditor at a resort hotel on the beach. My plans involve me being busy, very busy. And I work alone. No desk clerk, management, maintenance, housekeeping or security. I do all those jobs.

And keep a tab open on TOL.

Random

My Spring break was last week. I did nothing but laid around all week, played videos, watched movies, and TOLed.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Spring broke around here a couple of weeks ago. It got downright hot.
Winter came back after that and I've been loading my woodstove for about a week now.

Last edited:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Remember when you were little and spring break would hit? It was so awesome because not only did you get a week off of school but it also signaled that the end of the year was at hand.

For me... nothing special is happening on spring break but my kids are really excited to get the week off school. And at the end of the week my wife is taking them to Utah to see their grandma so they are excited about that as well.

Aren't any of you traveling anywhere this week?

My Spring Break (I still like to call it Easter Vacation :]) isn't till next week. I was hoping to do a desert run on my road bike to Joshua Tree NF. Unfortunately, I have to do a remodel on my Grandmother's house, go to trigonometry class (aargh!) and I have made plans for a personal project. I'm going to build an aquarium stand and set up a tank for African cichlids.

It's supposedly a good stress reliever...(both the project and the outcome)....I could use some stress relief right now. :mad:

Enjoy your vacation. Good topic.

bybee

I'm entertaining my sister, her dil and two grandchildren. I can't wait! Love to see children having fun at the pool and at the seashore. Also will try to do Disney World Harry Potter Land.

Krsto

Remember when you were little and spring break would hit? It was so awesome because not only did you get a week off of school but it also signaled that the end of the year was at hand.

For me... nothing special is happening on spring break but my kids are really excited to get the week off school. And at the end of the week my wife is taking them to Utah to see their grandma so they are excited about that as well.

Aren't any of you traveling anywhere this week?

My daughter was home on spring break and spent a bunch of time studying for a test - can you believe that? I told her her profs should be disciplined. Appearantly her break is not between terms and her prof figured they would have all this extra time to study so gave them a test for the day they return. Seriously, that prof should be shot!

We traveled to Twin Falls to take her back - our return took an extra 4 hours (in addition to the usual 6) due to snow on Dead Man's Pass. Got home at 4 am.

Krsto

I'm a night auditor at a resort hotel on the beach. My plans involve me being busy, very busy. And I work alone. No desk clerk, management, maintenance, housekeeping or security. I do all those jobs.

Sounds like my gig at a retirement home when I was in high school, except the guests never leave. They did get "removed" at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.