toldailytopic: Should vegetarians have equal rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cracked

Because it's unnatural.

Conventional factory farming methods are "unnatural". Meat infused with steroids and antibiotics is "unnatural". Fish containing extraordinary levels of mercury is "unnatural". And, biblically speaking, we started out vegetarians and we will end up the same.

I am not a vegetarian, but I can see why many people are.

PyramidHead

I do the American thing and eat up all the delicious meat while I pretend not to know that the animals I'm eating were born and raised just to be eaten, and had horrible lives throughout the whole ordeal

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Conventional factory farming methods are "unnatural". Meat infused with steroids and antibiotics is "unnatural". Fish containing extraordinary levels of mercury is "unnatural". And, biblically speaking, we started out vegetarians and we will end up the same.

Baloney!

I am not a vegetarian, but I can see why many people are.

So can I, yet my reasons are based solely on health.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Personally I believe we need more vegetarians.

Means more meat for the rest of us, no? :squint:

AMR

Nice, here is a slab of filet mignon (turf meat) and two beautiful lobster tails (surf meat) being being lovingly grilled by "yours truly" over red oak maybe some asparagas on the side for color. mmmmmm Meat it's what's for dinner...celebrate the flesh!
View attachment 16298

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Really?

What did I state that we incorrect? Please be specific.

It might be debatable, I will give you that, but not final about first humans not easting meat and this is not the issue I care about.

What you said, which I find personally disgusting is the idea the our reward in heaven will be nothing more than having to eat and eliminate, just like the carnal beasts we are and the primary reason we are depraved in the flesh. If you are going to tell me, with all my faith and guidance by Grace, I will have to gulp down food like an animal, then I would rather be annihilated, made dead and final! Yet I have prayed on this and feel assured by the Grace of God, we will not have to remain beasts. No, indeed we will be rewarded above the angels for have a faith without being in His holy presence. I have prayed on this more than anything else and I know God will not condemn me to eternal life stuffing my face and siting on a toilet. :mad:

Squishes

And did you assume that thread represented the thoughts and views of TOL ownership?

No, but I do believe that members with "Christian" in the profile tend to believe crazy things. Maybe you think it is plainly obvious that vegetarians ought to be able to marry. But it seems plainly obvious that gays should be allowed to marry. I bet if I were to poll you on a number of doctrinal issues, you would say things that are way more irrational than the position that vegetarians should not be allowed to marry.

If so.... why on earth would you even visit this website?

Not to talk to ownership.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Proposed Constitiutional Amendment:
No Protected Status Based on Vegetarian or Vegan diet. Neither the United States, through any of its branches or departments, nor any of its agencies or political subdivisions, shall enact, adopt or enforce any statute, regulation, ordinance or policy whereby Vegetarian or Vegan diet, conduct, or practices shall constitute or otherwise be the basis of or entitle any person or class of persons to have or claim any minority status, quota preferences, protected status or claim of discrimination.​

Then why are we giving a protected status to people who prefer their own gender? Hello. :dunce: It's just plain stupid. Can you see the hypocrisy here?

Cracked

It might be debatable, I will give you that, but not final about first humans not easting meat and this is not the issue I care about.

What you said, which I find personally disgusting is the idea the our reward in heaven will be nothing more than having to eat and eliminate, just like the carnal beasts we are and the primary reason we are depraved in the flesh. If you are going to tell me, with all my faith and guidance by Grace, I will have to gulp down food like an animal, then I would rather be annihilated, made dead and final! Yet I have prayed on this and feel assured by the Grace of God, we will not have to remain beasts. No, indeed we will be rewarded above the angels for have a faith without being in His holy presence. I have prayed on this more than anything else and I know God will not condemn me to eternal life stuffing my face and siting on a toilet. :mad:

Okay. My point is that, prior to the flood, humans were vegetarians. Also, we won't eat meat in the coming era. Thus, meat eating is not the ideal. So, all that being stated, Christians have biblical support for vegetarianism. I would not say that it is necessary now - it certainly is no sin and can be good for us - just that it was once and, according to Isaiah, will be again.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Okay. My point is that, prior to the flood, humans were vegetarians. Also, we won't eat meat in the coming era. Thus, meat eating is not the ideal. So, all that being stated, Christians have biblical support for vegetarianism. I would not say that it is necessary now - it certainly is no sin and can be good for us - just that it was once and, according to Isaiah, will be again.

:nono: Even those who believe as you do would not say, " prior to the flood, humans were vegetarians." Fact is Scripture contradicts this, it is believed by some 'prior to the Fall, and forced out of the garden of Eden, some say that because God said, "all the fruit which grows in the garden is for you to eat' means that meats was not available, yet there is no scripture that clearly states that meat was to be avoided.

You are making assumptions not based on scripture, we know the decedents of Adam had animal sacrifices. Able tended sheep, Cain tended grain.

When is Isaiah saying and about who? How do you conclude this? What does it have to do with heaven? I am not going down the path of the Jews, or Hebrews, their path is different. I am speaking about being with God in heaven and I hear you telling me, I will still have to eat and eliminate, like an animal! This is not my salvation, I have no Earthly salvation! Being in Christ, I live my last days as a carnal creature dead to sin and alive though Christ who guides me by the Holy Spirit; when I die, there will be no more body for me because that would be hell for me and God knows my heart and my needs and I rest assured in Him that I will be free!

Cracked

:nono: Even those who believe as you do would not say, " prior to the flood, humans were vegetarians." Fact is Scripture contradicts this, it is believed by some 'prior to the Fall, and forced out of the garden of Eden, some say that because God said, "all the fruit which grows in the garden is for you to eat' means that meats was not available, yet there is no scripture that clearly states that meat was to be avoided.

You are making assumptions not based on scripture, we know the decedents of Adam had animal sacrifices. Able tended sheep, Cain tended grain.

When is Isaiah saying and about who? How do you conclude this? What does it have to do with heaven? I am not going down the path of the Jews, or Hebrews, their path is different. I am speaking about being with God in heaven and I hear you telling me, I will still have to eat and eliminate, like an animal! This is not my salvation, I have no Earthly salvation! Being in Christ, I live my last days as a carnal creature dead to sin and alive though Christ who guides me by the Holy Spirit; when I die, there will be no more body for me because that would be hell for me and God knows my heart and my needs and I rest assured in Him that I will be free!

All of my assumptions are based on Scripture plainly.

As far as I know, you get a glorified body eventually (2 Cor. 5:3). You do not stay as a spirit in a spirit realm. I have no idea if that means you eat or not (Perhaps Jesus did - John 21). I would guess that we do not slaughter animals for food for reasons I have already stated. You can decide for yourself if you think we will eat or not, or go the restroom. Perhaps we will have the former without the latter? I do not know.

Prior to the flood is was not lawful to eat meat (Gen. 9:3). In Eden, they did not eat meat (Gen. 1:29). Perhaps the shepherds got wool and milk from the sheep? In Christ's kingdom, we see a return to this idyllic order. When this happens is matter of debate. The spirit may go to be with the Lord upon death, but it is reunited with a glorified body upon Christ's return (1 Thess. 4:16). Then:

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox."
Isaiah 11

There will be no more death (Rev. 21). Otherworldly heaven is not our permanent abode, but an interlude. It is the Kingdom of God on Earth where we will reside. This will be grand beyond either of our own ideas or expectations. I am not concerned with eating or eliminating, as you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.