toldailytopic: In principle, are laws that regulate abortion an effective strategy to

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

did you come up with 'word salad'?

why do I like that so much?

It is so descriptive!
It is a term used in Geriatric nursing. Many brain damaged, demented, senile patients talk in "word salad" which amounts to words expressing a jumble of thoughts all at once.
We used to have use "reality reorientation" so one would listen carefully to try to find something to which one could respond therapeutically. Of course that was an utterly stupid waste of time.
Hmmmmmmm

Lovejoy

We see quite a bit in decompensated schizophrenia.

Interesting thing with demented patients, whatever it is that they are perseverating on, we write down the response (in big letters) and give it to them. That part of the brain seems to last longer.

some other dude

If your reasons are so convincing, why do you think there are so many abortions?

They're easy to get.

They're hidden (nobody knows you were pregnant or had an abortion).

They're cheap (I assume).

They're legal.

There's no social stigma associated with them.

They're easier, cheaper and more effective than birth control.

People like having sex more than they like being pregnant.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If your reasons are so convincing, why do you think there are so many abortions?

we now have at least two generations that have been raised with abortion being not only legal but acceptable

if it is wrong, why would it be legal?
and
why would it be a part of my health care insurance?

bybee

We see quite a bit in decompensated schizophrenia.

Interesting thing with demented patients, whatever it is that they are perseverating on, we write down the response (in big letters) and give it to them. That part of the brain seems to last longer.

Interesting. My daughter works in a Crisis intervention mental health unit.

She tries to get her patients to see the connection between their behavior and their consequences. She has had some very good results along with no results at all.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
It is so descriptive!
It is a term used in Geriatric nursing. Many brain damaged, demented, senile patients talk in "word salad" which amounts to words expressing a jumble of thoughts all at once.
We used to have use "reality reorientation" so one would listen carefully to try to find something to which one could respond therapeutically. Of course that was an utterly stupid waste of time.
Hmmmmmmm

People who can use both sides of their brains talk better word-salad than those who don't use both sides of their brains together, equally, through integration, and through a domination of their right more creative random side of the brain. I live on the right side of my brain. The right side of the brain makes no sense. They do talk in riddle, in jambles, in jingles, in word salads and life salads.

But most people give up on their right sides and talk from the left side of the brain, which is dominated with boring logic.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
do you actually recognize logic?

Pray that I can learn more logic, as I learn to grow up and get a life, ministry, wife, kids, Oatmeal, L4OJ, GYJO, PAB, EA, JSA, NLG. Yours truly, Oatmeal Joey Arnold.

Time-Changer is a Christian film about a man who time-travels from the late 1800's to our present 22nd century, just a century later.

He discovers that after he wrote some book, and after they took God out of schools, and after they only taught that we are to do good things, but left out the authority that Jesus or God commands that we live holy lives, then that is when things started getting worse.

It is part of the reason why people get abortions. People have the mentally that they can do what they want. When the government make something illegal, we can often just hate that idea if we have that do-what-we-want mentally.

The Bible says that men loves darkness, rather than light, because their deeds are evil. We can talk about abortion all we want. We can try to make it illegal. That may help. People will still want to do it because people just want to do what they want to do. They don't want to listen to authority, or to God (who is the Authority over all authorities).

But a pre-abortion issue is sex before marriage. And that is one thing that our world or media doesn't exactly deter from. Many will tell you that sex is ok, whether you are not married, or even if you are, then why not get an affair, they'll tell you.

Abortions comes from ungodly sex-sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.