toldailytopic: Hate the sin, love the sinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dionyshish

Maye a little of the former ... sorta ...

The Theology of Nonismatism

I created this term, Nonismatism, to fulfill my need for a word to briefly express my approach to the word of God that the English language lacked heretofore. Some have enquired as to it’s meaning. Like me, it is a work in progress, changing to accommodate my level of understanding as is needed. Though it is not as of yet entirely codified there are certain aspects of Nonismatism that may be pointed to with some modicum of confidence. To wit:

Nonismatism firmly rejects any and all isms, denominational or otherwise, while reserving the right to agree with certain tenets of any of them.

A Nonismatics' statement of faith is the Bible…………….. ALL of it.

Nonismatism seeks to preserve and present the verses of scripture cast aside, contradictory to and otherwise unwanted by ismatic theologies.

Nonismatism affirms the individual’s responsibility to come to an understanding of the word of God through their own sustained effort.

Nonismatics see “the church” as a group of any two or more believers in Jesus and rejects the notion it is a physical or denominational structure.

Nonismatism demands of it’s adherents that they be willing to cast aside any and all preconceived notions about the meaning of the word of God if the plain meaning of what they read of it requires it.

Nonismatism holds that there are no contradictions in the word of God; only what appear to be contradictions to the mind of man.

Nonismatics have no problem whatsoever saying, “I don’t know. I’ll study some and get back to you on that”. They are also encouraged to admit, “You might be right” if the occasion calls for it.

Nonismatics hold that the answer to Cain’s question is, “Yes”.

Nonismatics believe that “the Parable of the Talents” indicates that rather than stuff their talent down someone else’s throat that they are directed to go get more.

Nonismatism holds that not everyone is at the same level of understanding of the word of God and that this is not necessarily a “hanging offense”.

Nonismatism has only one Boss, the rest of us are servants……….ALL of us. There are no “chief seats” in Nonismatism.

Nonismatics don’t tithe; they believe they owe it all.

Nonismatism fully embraces both humor and irony as evidenced by the fact its adherents are fully aware that Nonismatism is, at the end of the day, yet another ism.

If you feel that you too are a Nonismatist you are thereby empowered to add or subtract from its tenets as is necessary to accommodate your current level of understanding of the word of God. However, as with all isms, it is inevitable that Nonismatism will give birth to other competing isms such as Anti-Nonismatism, Ultranonismatism and the like. If you feel so inclined please strive to maintain the purity of Nonismatic thought and avoid such innovations.

Love,

fzappa13
You make some good points but sadly I must reject your invitation as I'm a fully signed-up member of the Antidisestablishantinonismatism League.

This cybernet thingy works very quickly.

Peace,

'Shish.

Last edited:

Dionyshish

its weird on this forum..

2 or 3 people carry on a conversation, excluding all others

hmmm...
Feel free to chip in whenever you want.
Lighthouse and I have differring opinions, so it would be quite easy for you to comment to either of us.
Alternatively you can reply to one of the many other posts on this thread.

fzappa13

You make some good points but sadly I must reject your invitation as I'm a fully signed-up member of the Antidisestablishantinonismatism League.

This cybernet thingy works very quickly.

Peace,

'Shish.

Ouch ... apparently we won't be dancing any time soon either ... 'twas ever the fate of the unrequited ...

fzappa13

As a kid if you asked your parents for a sandwich and they gave you one, would you keep asking them for a sandwich?

:rotfl:

You are to analogies what Barney Fife is to law enforcement ... God help us if Andy ever gives you a bullet ...

... said another way, I'm guessing you had something more than one sandwich growing up or you likely wouldn't be here ... and you probably asked for them ... just a guess ...

Status
Not open for further replies.