toldailytopic: The Pope. Who is he to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 26th, 2010 10:09 AM

toldailytopic: The Pope. Who is he to you?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

moparguy

Absolute dictator of the roman state church, and most certainly not holding any sort of apostolic authority.

Can you tell I don't mind being blunt? :noway:

Before anyone accuses me of it (with no evidence, to boot), no, I don't hate roman catholics.

zippy2006

One of the most philosophically and theologically capable minds alive. Interesting guy, makes some very good points. (referring to Benedict, was it supposed to be in general?)

Granite

Hall of Fame
One of the most philosophically and theologically capable minds alive. Interesting guy, makes some very good points.

How about "aid and abetter of child rape on a global scale"?

This guy should be tarred, feathered, and shot.

A child of the great whore and someone who should not enter the congregation of the Lord

"A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord." Deu 23:2

"...for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand." Rev 19:2

God-Breathed

Wow doesn't seem like the pope is very well liked here!

He's just as deceived as the rest of them.
If he lies to the entire Catholic church, it's only because he himself was first lied to.
Don't be hating on the Pope!
Instead have pity on him!

Sheila B

This quote says it for me:

"Peter is called the Rock; he is declared to be the foundation; he is made doorkeeper of the heavenly Kingdom; he is made judge of what is to be bound or loosed, and his judgements remain valid, even in heaven; in these various ways, he is assigned a rank above the others.
Reflect on these hidden meanings of these titles of his, see how close he is to Christ."
St Leo the Great, Pope

Aner

The level of evil harbored in the pontiff (I don't call him "Papa = Father" because Jesus taught us not to call any religious teacher "Father") can only be the result of genuine demonic possession.

Any sickness that can have systematically covered up pedophilia as he is now shown to have done (new news just came out that I have not posted that showed he was involved all along - just like we knew ) is so evil that I cannot even begin to grasp what a destructive force to humanity this filth is.

He is Satan's emissary on earth.

He deserves to have his skin slowly peeled off his body - his eyes plucked out - and as Jesus said - a great weight attached to him and dropped into the deepest sea.

Aner

Status
Not open for further replies.