toldailytopic: The Pope. Who is he to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I declare P66, you are a top clown. Didn’t you say you rode a motorcycle?

I own a motorcycle. When I earned my first Bachelor's degree, my dad gave me his '47 H-D. I'm looking forward to restoring it once I have the time and money. I think it will be a lot cooler than the Kawi I used to have.

I just uploaded a pic of it in front of my parent's house to my photo albums in my profile if you would like to have a look.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I own a motorcycle. When I earned my first Bachelor's degree, my dad gave me his '47 H-D. I'm looking forward to restoring it once I have the time and money. I think it will be a lot cooler than the Kawi I used to have.

I agree, nice old bike. You might consider a nun suit, then you could start a gang of cross-dresser nuns, perhaps raiding a convent?;)

nicholsmom

The Pope is the leader of the Catholic Church and may be seen on TV on Christmas Eve while you are putting together that "some assembly required" :rolleyes: kitchen for your little girl.

Vaquero, the smoke emanates from the chimney when the pope has been chosen - they burn something as a signal that their prayers have been answered for the choosing of a new pope.

nicholsmom

The quote was what Jesus said to the Twelve. Prophecy being fulfilled in our midst, was my point.

I understood your point, but the hate being expressed was directed at some serious accusations of late leveled at the current pope. He is being hated because those doing the hating believe that he has engaged in some very non-Christian behaviors.

So you see, this response of yours is inappropriate to the accusations being made. Now if he were being hated for Christian behavior, you'd have made a good point.

Krsto

I understood your point, but the hate being expressed was directed at some serious accusations of late leveled at the current pope. He is being hated because those doing the hating believe that he has engaged in some very non-Christian behaviors.

So you see, this response of yours is inappropriate to the accusations being made. Now if he were being hated for Christian behavior, you'd have made a good point.

Good point - be prepared for the right-back-at-you tail chasing that is habitual from that camp.

Krsto

An idol is any substitute for Christ.
The pope is the Vicar of Christ.
Vicar means "vicarious substitute."
Therefore, the pope is an idol.

I hate being so logical . . .

nicholsmom

I do not follow much anymore, so, what is this Pope up to?

He was an archbishop who presided over, but may have been uninformed in a case of multiple transfers of a priest who was a sexual predator of children (rather than booting him and turning him over to police). When later he was in an office at the Vatican, he issued a directive instructing church leaders to handle such cases within the church, not involving any criminal authorities, and to keep such things quiet.

These are interpreted by many here as condoning and even enabling pedophilia.

zoo22

I consider the Pope as the leader of the Catholic Church. Also, because his influence is so great, I consider him as a world leader... Having influence on the world as a national leader would.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
The pope, as well as the rest of the RCC is a distraction from the real threat, Islam. Guess what happened approximately 666 years after Christ began His earthly ministry!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
He was an archbishop who presided over, but may have been uninformed in a case of multiple transfers of a priest who was a sexual predator of children (rather than booting him and turning him over to police). When later he was in an office at the Vatican, he issued a directive instructing church leaders to handle such cases within the church, not involving any criminal authorities, and to keep such things quiet.

These are interpreted by many here as condoning and even enabling pedophilia.

This would not be good; however, I have not studied much on Popes, some were corrupt and some great. I do not like the celibacy idea and find it unnatural from my perspective as a psychologist. Also the Bible says a minister should be a man of one wife.

Celibacy was not always required for Catholic priests. It think it came about in the 11th century.

Otherwise, I try to bridge with other Christians, as long as they accept salvation as the act of Christ on the cross. Some have trouble with this concept and I try to help when one is open.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The pope, as well as the rest of the RCC is a distraction from the real threat, Islam. Guess what happened approximately 666 years after Christ began His earthly ministry!

I agree, why all the focus on Catholics when the real threat has always been the Muslims? I think it comes from familiarity, it is easier to put down what one knows more than what is less known, but more evil.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:mock: homos like P66

The pope to me is the enemy. He preaches and leads a false gospel. He is not the church, nor a successor to Peter, as shown in the Bible. Peter had the gospel of circumcision, and that was put away with Israel. If the catholics really want to claim it, then you are also put away.

Emperor Palpatine.

I always liked this one.

View attachment 15429

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.