toldailytopic: Favorite travel destinations. What are some of you favorite places to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would LOVE to travel to the Mediterranean some day, see all the history and architecture, and stay in a little villa somewhere with terracotta tiles and white-washed stucco with flowers trailing over the wall... and eat crusty Italian bread with some nice cheese and sip a glass of wine and finish with a bit of limoncello and a little bit of dark chocolate and look out over the blue water and go to sleep in a big bed with a fluffy down quilt and open windows with no screens that let in the sound of the waves.

That about covers it. :)
Wow... that really does sound fun.

You should be in marketing. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Madrid is one of my favorite places. Beautiful architecture and really good food. :chew: Friendly people for a city. Barcelona is a close second, while you're there. When I was much younger I spent time along the Costa del Sol and grew fond of the fishing villages that dot the landscape and the stunning Mediterranean...Oh, and Avignon in southern France for the countryside and the Palais des Papes.

DocJohnson

I'd love to visit my homeland of Scotland. No one from my family has been back to Annandale since escaping to Ireland in the mid 18th century.

Son of Jack

I love the Alabama and Florida Gulf Coast.

Martha's Vineyard is also a great place in the summer, spring, and parts of the fall.

mmstroud

Silver Member
Silver Subscriber
Five years ago, we took a five-week vacation to the east coast. We drove across to Niagara Falls, then stayed with my cousin in his 300-plus year-old house in Pennsylvania. We visited the local sights - Hershey, Philadelphia, Valley Forge, Indian Echo Caverns, a cute little Amish tourist area in Intercourse, PA (!).

We made his home in Parkesburg our home base and drove into Manhattan, NY (yes, drove... what a hoot!) and Washington DC. Of course went to the Empire State Building, ate great pizza, walked to Central Park where our youngest went ice skating, visited the site where the towers once stood- very sobering. Spent $40 on McDonald's at midnight while walking around - our hotel was only a couple of blocks from Time Square.

Spent a couple of days in Washington DC. Visited four of the Smithsonians, went to the Supreme Court building, saw Ford's Theater where Lincoln was shot, took pictures in front of the White House, took a trolley tour that ended at the war memorials - incredible, especially the Korean War Memorial.

Did I mention we did this during the month of October and watched the colors of the leaves change all across the country? Wow! Took a slightly more southern route home to visit family in Southern Indiana. More beautiful colors all the way home!

Our kids still talk about that vacation. My husband and I plan to visit DC again by ourselves some day!

Calypso

places you would like to travel to

The shores of Galilee . . .

I love this verse of song, "A World We Never Touch".

Verse

He walked along the shores of Galilee
From clay He formed the healing balm
That caused the blind to see
When stones of wrath lay heavy in their hands
He knelt to write His mercy in the sand

God Bless ~

:)

bybee

I love the North Shore of Lake Superior. It is truly God's country. Someday I hope to visit Ireland. I have ancestors from County Fermanagh in the north Of Ireland I believe. It would be fun to sit in the Pub, drink some Guinness and talk smart with the other smart-talkers. bybee

Thunder's Muse

A few years ago, my Step-Father and Mum took myself and my 2 eldest children to Hong Kong. It was amazing! A beautiful country. We took the kids to Disneyland twice (my step-dad is a big kid). I plan to return there one day.

As for places I want to go:

Ireland
Scotland
Italy
France

:)

Lucky

Hall of Fame
My favorite place to visit is Denver, to see friends. It's always fun to visit South Padre with the family. I don't really travel much. If I ever leave North America, it will be to go help out at a Romanian orphanage or something like that.

Karl der Grosse

I would love to go see Ireland. My Mom's family is from County Armagh (Ulster), and County Cork (Republic). I have been to Erdine (Turkey) where my dad's side is from. Hilarious, all of us of Turkish descent (truth be told, we're more Bulgarian than Turkish), and none of us speak a word of Turkish! Had to use language guides. I found that the guides kinda sucked in Erdine, Greek guides would have been more handy......

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I've only ever been out of the country once, to go to Cancun for a few days. Otherwise I've only ever been within the main 48: OK, MI, NJ, CO, & OH. As far as I recall. I would love to go to Ireland or Scotland.

The Graphite

For Thanksgiving, my wife Laura and I will be travelling all the way over to the house of Delmar's brother Darrell, a whopping dozen miles or so! Or, at least, that's the plan! We look forward to it!

karstkid

I like to drive. I love driving to California from Colorado, especially the Bryce Canyon area of Utah.

If you like Bryce Canyon NP, then you might like the two national parks that sandwich Bryce, namely Zion and Capitol Reef NP's. Zion is like being on the bottom of the Grand Canyon in that you look up to the 2000 to 3000 foot cliffs with the Virgin River flowing through a pristine cottonwood forest. If you go to Zion, I recommend entering the park via the east entrance. I was very impressed with the east side canyons, but then you enter a mile long tunnel and when you exit the tunnel you are totally unprepared for the massive and spectacular scenery you are about to see. I was so awed by this incredible creation of God that a psalm came to me where it says "there are those that say there is no god" Well in Zion there is the proof!. Capitol Reef is slightly less spectacular than Zion but you get more of a wilderness because there are less people. For example if you enter Capitol Reef from the east side and find the picnic area in mid-canyon along the Fremont river, take your shoes off cross the river and then you will enter another canyon called Spring Canyon. 99% of the time you and your family will be the only people in this spectacular 17 mile long side canyon. Also, Capitol Reef has orchards, such as apple, pear, cherry, etc. You would have to contact the park to get a blossom and fruit ripening schedule. Have fun!

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I haven't traveled much. I've only visited a few states and I've never been out of the country. At this point, I have a feeling things won't be changing anytime soon. :(

BabyChristian

Been on 4 cruises, 3 times to the Caribbean, once to Mexico, to Europe twice, England, Scotland, Amsterdam, Mexico (probably 30 times), Canada and Hawaii.

I loved the Caribbean the best. Specifically Barbados.

Domestic, been all over the place, I like warm, balmy weather so I prefer the Caribbean.

Status
Not open for further replies.