toldailytopic: Favorite travel destinations. What are some of you favorite places to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 7th, 2009 09:22 AM

toldailytopic: Favorite travel destinations. What are some of you favorite places to travel, or places you would like to travel to?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Favorite travel destinations. What are some of you favorite places to travel, or places you would like to travel to?

Bermuda, Australia, Hawaii are the locations I would like to travel to.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I like to drive. I love driving to California from Colorado, especially the Bryce Canyon area of Utah.

nicholsmom

My mother loves Bryce Canyon, as well, Knight. I've never been there.

I sure would love to take the family to a dude ranch sometime, but they are way too expensive - and for all that you work hard. I do love hard work, but I'm not paying someone outrageous fees for the privilege.

I love Hawaii and South Carolina (both beach side and mountain side), but I would just dearly love to have a tour through Spain, Italy, France, and Germany. I want to see some of that really ancient architecture as well as the beautiful landscape.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I sure would love to take the family to a dude ranch sometime, but they are way too expensive - and for all that you work hard. I do love hard work, but I'm not paying someone outrageous fees for the privilege.
A couple years ago we looked into getting a house boat on Lake Tahoe. It looked sooooo fun!

But the prices were way out of my league. I would love to pull that off some day.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seattle, Eureka Springs, and Denver.

And I'd love to visit Ireland some day.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do want to get back to Denver one of these years. Now that my brother is living there I would plan to stay longer this time.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And I'd love to visit Ireland some day.
The only place out of the country that interests me at all is being on some secluded beach in the Caribbean with a bright blue warm ocean to swim in and a refreshing margarita to drink when I come out. A funny little island hut to sleep in would make the experience complete.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only place out of the country that interests me at all is being on some secluded beach in the Caribbean with a bright blue warm ocean to swim in and a refreshing margarita to drink when I come out. A funny little island hut to sleep in would make the experience complete.

Um...

Oh yeah! I forgot! :doh:

I want to travel there as well.

How could I just totally let that one slip my mind?! :D

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When I was little our family went on a big road trip to Yellowstone. That's another place I would love to take my kids.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'm not much of a traveler, but I would like to go back to Hawaii. It was such a beautiful place! The beaches are fantastic, especially those on Maui and the Big Island, and I seem to recall some pretty great bungalows for rent at Turtle Bay on Oahu including fufu drinks with umbrellas and edible flowers and pupus to die for! :cloud9:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not much of a traveler, but I would like to go back to Hawaii. It was such a beautiful place! The beaches are fantastic, especially those on Maui and the Big Island, and I seem to recall some pretty great bungalows for rent at Turtle Bay on Oahu including fufu drinks with umbrellas and edible flowers and pupus to die for! :cloud9:
When I was in 8th grade my uncle took me and my sister to Hawaii. We stayed in Maui, it was really awesome. It got windy every afternoon around 1PM which was sort of a drag but still it was really, really, really fantastic!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I would LOVE to travel to the Mediterranean some day, see all the history and architecture, and stay in a little villa somewhere with terracotta tiles and white-washed stucco with flowers trailing over the wall... and eat crusty Italian bread with some nice cheese and sip a glass of wine and finish with a bit of limoncello and a little bit of dark chocolate and look out over the blue water and go to sleep in a big bed with a fluffy down quilt and open windows with no screens that let in the sound of the waves.

That about covers it. :)

zoo22

A few of my favorite destinations are:

NYC
Hudson Valley, NY
Hawaii
London
San Francisco
Edinburgh
Athens, GA

The place I haven't been that I most want to go is Tokyo.

I love to travel. Long trips, short trips, day trips, walks down the street...

heir

TOL Subscriber
When I was in 8th grade my uncle took me and my sister to Hawaii. We stayed in Maui, it was really awesome. It got windy every afternoon around 1PM which was sort of a drag but still it was really, really, really fantastic!
That's cool, Knight. My fondest memory on Maui was whale watching off the beaches of Ka'anapali.

We spent four years there, bought our first harley there, got married there, and had our first child there (in that order)...so those are my best memories.

Working on the beach above Dukes Canoe Club was pretty exciting. Dave worked on all the dinner cruise boats from the Navitek to the Star of Honolulu. We still have many friends there, but will only go back if Nick wants to see where he spent the first couple years of his life and teach him how to surf :surf: which I have a feeling will happen sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.