toldailytopic: The train-wreck that is: Jon & Kate Plus 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, I admit I have never watched one single episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8. You can't swing a dead cat without seeing their faces plastered all over the place.

Can somebody summarize for me what in the world this is all about?

bybee

I feel guilty!

I feel guilty!

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
I feel guilty earning points for posting on this topic. These people have no shame and apparently they haven't any modesty either. bybee

DocJohnson

OK, I admit I have never watched one single episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8. You can't swing a dead cat without seeing their faces plastered all over the place.

Can somebody summarize for me what in the world this is all about?

No clue, but the rest of my family is/was nuts about the show. From what I understand, it was merely a reality TV show that follows the life of a couple that had twins and then sextuplets... for a total of eight children. How anyone could find this show entertaining is beyond me.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No clue, but the rest of my family is/was nuts about the show. From what I understand, it was merely a reality TV show that follows the life of a couple that had twins and then sextuplets... for a total of eight children. How anyone could find this show entertaining is beyond me.
OK, so what's the deal now? They got a divorce and the family fell apart?

They appear to be a couple of raving morons.

DocJohnson

OK, so what's the deal now? They got a divorce and the family fell apart?

They appear to be a couple of raving morons.

Now they're getting a very public divorce and playing the blame game on TV. It's really sad that they've made the decision to drag their children through this. They should both be ashamed.

Son of Jack

The saddest part of this all is that the children have been the most mature people in the family. They were the ones who wanted to end the show, and they are the ones who will carry the big, hideous scarlet letter of public stigma and private shame for the rest of their lives. The whole thing is emblematic of problem of the family right now. Parent want to be children again so children are forced to act like parents.

Hope that last statement was enough of a generalization for everyone...:plain:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The saddest part of this all is that the children have been the most mature people in the family. They were the ones who wanted to end the show, and they are the ones who will carry the big, hideous scarlet letter of public stigma and private shame for the rest of their lives. The whole thing is emblematic of problem of the family right now. Parent want to be children again so children are forced to act like parents.

Hope that last statement was enough of a generalization for everyone...:plain:
How old are these children?

Memento Mori

Wasn't there a guy that put his kid in a balloon recently? Perhaps we'll discuss that tomorrow.

Anyways, it's all about fame whores.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm stunned the media considers these freaks newsworthy. They should both be shot.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The media covers what people are interested in. Apparently people are interested in these people for some strange reason.

...which just makes me wonder why the bottom hasn't completely fallen out yet.

Never watched an episode of this so-called "show," just can't seem to avoid the coverage of this sordid, twisted, voyeuristic, pathetic, money-grubbing attention-grasping exercise. I'd say they should be ashamed but they're clearly incapable of it and I'd say I feel bad for the kids but they'll squeeze their own fifteen minutes out of it down the road. A plague on 'em all...

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Didn't he (and maybe she) have an affair?

I think just the fact of having cameras capturing your supposed daily lives would be a big strain on a marriage and the whole family.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Didn't he (and maybe she) have an affair?

I think just the fact of having cameras capturing your supposed daily lives would be a big strain on a marriage and the whole family.
As far as you know... is all of this real, or staged for the show?

Do people generally side with Jon or Kate?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As far as you know... is all of this real, or staged for the show?

Do people generally side with Jon or Kate?

I think Kate because John had an affair. I could be wrong. I haven't watched it either but like you said, you almost can't miss it.

Son of Jack

I think Kate because John had an affair. I could be wrong. I haven't watched it either but like you said, you almost can't miss it.

My sister watched the show some, and she told me that Kate isn't the nicest person in the world. She regularly treated Jon like one of the children. From what I understand, she was and is very into her career (I have no idea what it is), and Jon was left to provide care for all the children. It's a mess.

I'd also add a ditto to what Momo said.

Calypso

No clue, but the rest of my family is/was nuts about the show.

From what I understand, it was merely a reality TV show that follows the life of a couple that had twins and then sextuplets... for a total of eight children.

How anyone could find this show entertaining is beyond me.

Thank you . . .

I, too, am totally clueless about the show.

God Bless.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.