Suggestions for the TOL Topic of the Day

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The biblical response is clear. We were given the earth to exercise dominion over by God. What we do, per that dominion, will be and is being judged by God.

Clearly, we are not very good stewards of that which was given to us.

AMR

Derf

The biblical response is clear. We were given the earth to exercise dominion over by God. What we do, per that dominion, will be and is being judged by God.

Clearly, we are not very good stewards of that which was given to us.

AMR

I agree that the biblical WHY is clear, but not necessarily the biblical WHAT.

Nor is it real clear how to know what actions to take, if any, to correct things, when we didn't very clearly perceive what our previous actions were going to do.

For instance, if ferocious animals are killing people, what do we do? Do we kill the animals (as here: Surely for your lifeblood I will demand [a reckoning]; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man. [Gen 9:5 NKJV]), or do we not (as here, since it would be thwarting God's intention: And it was so, at the beginning of their dwelling there, [that] they did not fear the LORD; therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which killed [some] of them. [2Ki 17:25 NKJV])

I guess I can go start a thread about it, huh?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nor is it real clear how to know what actions to take, if any, to correct things, when we didn't very clearly perceive what our previous actions were going to do.
I suppose if you assume we are learning nothing from our prior bad acts, then the above is probably a reasonable assumption.

AMR

Reactions: Lon

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TOL doesn't do 'Topic of the Day' anymore.

There won't be any new threads here.
You will have to find a thread here that already mentions your topic, and you can add posts to that thread.
But you can't start a new thread here anymore.

Lon

Why don't Evangelicals win "Survivor?"

1) Because they are too honest to win?
2) Because there have been few who have played the game?
3) Because those who are not Evangelical Christians don't like them?
4) Too soon to tell?
5) Because God doesn't answer prayers when it comes to money?
6) Something else?
7) Should a believer even play?

Not sure if it is a good topic, I've just always known if I ever went to be on the show, I'd not last very long. I'm horrible at playing deception games.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Why don't Evangelicals win "Survivor?"

1) Because they are too honest to win?
2) Because there have been few who have played the game?
3) Because those who are not Evangelical Christians don't like them?
4) Too soon to tell?
5) Because God doesn't answer prayers when it comes to money?
6) Something else?
7) Should a believer even play?

Not sure if it is a good topic, I've just always known if I ever went to be on the show, I'd not last very long. I'm horrible at playing deception games.
See below

TOL doesn't do 'Topic of the Day' anymore.

There won't be any new threads here.
You will have to find a thread here that already mentions your topic, and you can add posts to that thread.
But you can't start a new thread here anymore.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame