ECT Help needed. Best Rebuttals to Jews For Judaism

betsy123

Someone gave this Jews for Judaism video at another forum.

Can someone please give rebuttals to their arguments? Thanks.

betsy123

What are their arguments?

No one wants to watch a video just to respond on another site.

Thank you Judge.

Lol. I watch the intro - and I latched on to the very first argument he gave, that Christ did not fulfill a single prophecy! Of course, that was easily rebutted.
I pointed out that usually, Jews who criticize Christianity, have not read and understood the
New Testament.
And because of that obvious ignorance, I questioned the credibility of the man in the video. Haven't heard from the poster so far!

Gary K

Banned
I watched most of the video. It's repeated statements that basically say that the NT is a lie. For the claim is made that there is zero evidence that Jesus is the Messiah, that His birth, life, and death fulfill no OT prophecies. Therefore all the claims of the NT showing Jesus to be the Messiah are lies.

That's the basics that I got out of the video.

Jerry Shugart

He says that nowhere in the OT say that the Messiah will be God. But let us look at the following words of John the Baptist:

"For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight" (Mt.3:2).​

The Jews understood that the promised one, the Messiah, would be God. Here is the verse which the Baptist quoted:

"The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God"
(Isa.40:3).​

The Hebrew word translated "LORD" in this verse is Yehovah.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The Lord Jesus is risen from the dead, or He is not. No other option.

Freedm

Of course if a man believes the entire New Testament is a lie, then any prophecies fulfilled in that same new testament won't be very convincing, but if he believes any of these things happened to Jesus then it might be worthwhile to point out the prophecies fulfilled.

The Messiah would be born in Bethlehem

Micah 5:2
“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans[a] of Judah, out of you will come or me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

The Messiah would be born of a virgin

Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you[a] a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and[c] will call him Immanuel

The Messiah would enter Jerusalem riding a donkey

Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

The Messiah would be rejected

Isaiah 53:1-3
Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? 2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. 3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

The Messiah would be bettayed by a friend

Psalm 41:9
Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me.

Psalm 55:12-13
If an enemy were insulting me, I could endure it; if a foe were rising against me, I could hide. 13 But it is you, a man like myself, my companion, my close friend,

The Messiah would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver

Zechariah 11:12-13
I told them, “If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it.” So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. 13 And the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—the handsome price at which they valued me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them to the potter at the house of the Lord.

The Messiah would be put to death for the sins of others

Isaiah 53:8
By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away. Yet who of his generation protested? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was punished.

The Messiah would not speak against his own prosecution

Isaiah 53:7
He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

The Messiah would be beaten, mocked and spat upon

Isaiah 50:6
I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.

The Messiah would have his hands and feet pierced

Psalm 22:16
Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet.

The Messiah would die together with sinner

Isaiah 53:12
Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, and he will divide the spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors.

The Messiah’s clothes would be gambled over

Psalm 22:18
They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.

The Messiah’s bones would not be broken

Numbers 9:12
They must not leave any of it till morning or break any of its bones. When they celebrate the Passover, they must follow all the regulations.

The Messiah would die for the sins of other

Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

The Messiah would be buried in a rich man’s tomb

Isaiah 53:9
He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, though he had done no violence, nor was any deceit in his mouth

The Messiah would be raised from the dead

Psalm 16:10
For You will not leave my soul among the dead or allow Your Godly One to rot in the grave.

God's Truth

The Jews have to decide which is better, the sacrifice of animals, or God coming in the flesh to die for the sins of the world and be the sacrifice once and for all.

Which is better, to go to a building called the temple to be near God's Spirit, or to become the temple?

Which is better, to be circumcised in the flesh, or circumcised in the heart by the Holy Spirit?

The Jews have not had a Prophet to speak to them since Jesus.

The Christians have the Spirit of God living in them and He speaks to us all the time.

The Christians are reconciled to God; He is in us and we are in Him.

This can only happen through Jesus Christ our Savior.

Freedm

Really what it comes down to, is they need to understand that the Messiah they've been waiting for is a spiritual king who defeats their spiritual enemies, rather than an earthly king who defeats their earthly enemies. And until they turn away from their own understanding and turn to the Lord, nothing we say to them will have any impact.

2 Corinthians 3:15
Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

So I think the best thing we can do for them is to try to encourage them to pray to the Lord for wisdom and understanding. To put aside their own arrogance and their own understanding and just lean on the Lord. Then their eyes will be opened.

Right Divider

Body part
Really what it comes down to, is they need to understand that the Messiah they've been waiting for is a spiritual king who defeats their spiritual enemies, rather than an earthly king who defeats their earthly enemies.
You continue to push this false idea.

Jesus will be BOTH. The gospel of the kingdom is about an earthly kingdom with Christ as King.

Freedm

You continue to push this false idea.

Jesus will be BOTH. The gospel of the kingdom is about an earthly kingdom with Christ as King.

Jesus will actually never be an earthly king as he hands the kingdom over to God the father before we take possession of the new earth, and after the last day (resurrection day). So if that's what the Jews are waiting for they're going to miss the boat.

Freedm

Nonsense. Jesus will reign with a rod of iron as a King on the earth for a thousand years.
The thousand years is a symbolic term relating to an unspecified period of time. Don't you know that Jesus currently reigns? He said all power and authority was given to him in heaven and on earth. (Matthew 28:18) No one can have all power and authority and not be king. Therefore we know that the thousand years is now.

Right Divider

Body part
The thousand years is a symbolic term relating to an unspecified period of time.
Nope... it's a thousand years just like it says.

Don't you know that Jesus currently reigns?
Not as the King of Israel on His father David's throne.

He said all power and authority was given to him in heaven and on earth. (Matthew 28:18) No one can have all power and authority and not be king.
He is a king, but not yet on the throne of His father David.

Heb 2:8-9 KJV Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. (9) But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Therefore we know that the thousand years is now.
Since your premise is false, so is your conclusion.

God's Truth

The House of Jacob is the Israelites. They are the blood descendants of Jacob, the Jewish nation.

The Jews wanted an earthly king.

1 Samuel 8:6 But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the LORD. 7The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them. 8"Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this day-- in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods-- so they are doing to you also.

1 Samuel 8:19Nevertheless, the people refused to listen to the voice of Samuel, and they said, "No, but there shall be a king over us

20that we also may be like all the nations, that our king may judge us and go out before us and fight our battles."

This throne was a throne of the kingdom of God.

1 Chronicles 28:5 Of all my sons--and the LORD has given me many--he has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel.

This was the last time there was an earthly king over God's kingdom:

Ezekiel 21:25 “…and thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high. I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.”

Jesus is the righteous one who would sit on the throne.

Isaiah 16:5“And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.”

Amos 9:11“In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:”

So we see from the scriptures that the earthly throne of Israel was actually God's throne.

We can see from the scriptures that the Jews wanted a man to sit on that throne.

That does not negate the truth being that THAT THRONE David ended up having was God's throne, but on earth because that is what the Jews wanted. They rejected God and chose an earthly king.

Jesus is the righteous one who is NOW SITTING on that throne.

When Jesus comes again, it will be at the resurrection of the dead.

That is the last judgment and when all enemies are put under him.

THEN the NEW JERUSALEM will come down on the NEW EARTH---and Jesus HANDS OVER THE KINGDOM to the Father.

Jesus is Ruler of everything, not just over an earthly Israel.

Freedm

Nope... it's a thousand years just like it says.

Not as the King of Israel on His father David's throne.

Do you think this throne is the same physical throne that King David sat on? If so, where is this throne? Does it still exist? Is it hidden away in somebody's attic somewhere? Or is it merely a literary symbol that means kingship?

What do you think?

Right Divider

Body part
Do you think this throne is the same physical throne that King David sat on? If so, where is this throne? Does it still exist? Is it hidden away in somebody's attic somewhere? Or is it merely a literary symbol that means kingship?

What do you think?
The throne of David is the throne of the king of Israel in Jerusalem on the earth.

Freedm

The throne of David is the throne of the king of Israel in Jerusalem on the earth.

I mean, do you think this is a literal physical throne, as in a big golden chair? Or do you just think that the king needs to be physically present in the city of Jerusalem, and ruling over earth from there, in order to be considered on the throne of David?

Right Divider

Body part
I mean, do you think this is a literal physical throne, as in a big golden chair? Or do you just think that the king needs to be physically present in the city of Jerusalem, and ruling over earth from there, in order to be considered on the throne of David?
It's a throne. Why do you have problems with God's Word?

1Ki 2:10-12 KJV So David slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David. (11) And the days that David reigned over Israel were forty years: seven years reigned he in Hebron, and thirty and three years reigned he in Jerusalem. (12) Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.

During his early years as king, Solomon is a type of Christ.