ECT Tithing: Is it Biblical?

Freedm

No, it does NOT teach Christ "as our priest" with regards to the body of Christ.

It teaches Christ "as their priest" with regard to the nation of Israel and the promises made specifically to them.

Perhaps you'd like to attempt an answer as to why Paul, the apostle of the gentiles, never ONCE uses the words "priest" nor "priesthood" in ANY of his epistles. If "Christ is our priest" (and by OUR, I'm referring specifically to the body of Christ), then why does Paul never mention that in ANY of his THIRTEEN epistles. Seems like of glaring omission.

Your logic is completely faulty. You do not understand the dispensations of God. You do not understand the promises that God made to Israel. You do not understand Christ according to the revelation of the mystery.

It looks like we're approaching this question with two completely different view points. My view is that only believers are citizens of Israel, and that the promises God made were made to those same believers. Non-believers have been broken off and are no longer worthy of the promises, regardless of genealogy.

Perhaps we should discuss that in another thread.

Freedm

The book to the HEBREWS was NOT written to the body of Christ. It was written to .... the HEBREWS.

Tell me, how can you claim that Jesus is the high priest for unbelievers? They've rejected him, and therefore they were cut off.

Isn't that like telling a hockey player that you are his coach after he's been cut from the team? Wouldn't you only be the coach for those who are still on the team?

The unbelieving Jews still believe in earthly priests. Does it not matter what they believe? Does not their belief directly disregard the role of Christ as priest?

Right Divider

Body part
It looks like we're approaching this question with two completely different view points. My view is that only believers are citizens of Israel, and that the promises God made were made to those same believers. Non-believers have been broken off and are no longer worthy of the promises, regardless of genealogy.
Your view is confused and does not take scripture seriously.

The body of Christ is not Israel and Israel is not the body of Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
Tell me, how can you claim that Jesus is the high priest for unbelievers? They've rejected him, and therefore they were cut off.
Don't try to twist what I'm saying. That's dishonest.

The body of Christ is distinct from the nation of Israel. The body of Christ has no priesthood whatsoever.

Isn't that like telling a hockey player that you are his coach after he's been cut from the team? Wouldn't you only be the coach for those who are still on the team?
:juggle:

The unbelieving Jews still believe in earthly priests. Does it not matter what they believe? Does not their belief directly disregard the role of Christ as priest?
Once again, you do not understand the difference between the body of Christ and the nation of Israel.

Freedm

Your view is confused and does not take scripture seriously.

The body of Christ is not Israel and Israel is not the body of Christ.

First of all, please don't tell me that I don't take scripture seriously. I take it extremely seriously. Secondly, the scriptures prove that Israel and the body of Christ are one and the same. It seems you just haven't come to that conclusion yet, but as I said, that topic deserves its own thread.

Freedm

Don't try to twist what I'm saying. That's dishonest.

The body of Christ is distinct from the nation of Israel. The body of Christ has no priesthood whatsoever.

Once again, you do not understand the difference between the body of Christ and the nation of Israel.

I used to think as you do. Now I understand that there is no difference between the Israel of God and the body of Christ. They are one and the same. The Israel of the United Nations however (that nation in the middle east that goes by the same name), that is something completely unrelated and irrelevant in regards to the plan of God.

Right Divider

Body part
First of all, please don't tell me that I don't take scripture seriously. I take it extremely seriously.
When you really do, I will stop saying that.

Secondly, the scriptures prove that Israel and the body of Christ are one and the same.
Absolutely and completely false.

It seems you just haven't come to that conclusion yet, but as I said, that topic deserves its own thread.
:dizzy:

I know the scripture, therefore I will not "come to that conclusion".

Freedm

You do not understand the promises that God made to Israel.

Don't you believe that the promises were made to Jesus? This is what Paul tells us.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

If we agree that the promises were made to the Israel of God, then does this not show that Israel and Christ are one and the same? Or do you not believe what Paul is saying above?

Right Divider

Body part
I used to think as you do.
That was good. You should have stayed there.

Now I understand that there is no difference between the Israel of God and the body of Christ.
Incorrect.

They are one and the same.
Nope.

The Israel of the United Nations however (that nation in the middle east that goes by the same name), that is something completely unrelated and irrelevant in regards to the plan of God.
Who cares? That's irrelevant to this discussion.

Freedm

That was good. You should have stayed there.

Incorrect.

Nope.

Who cares? That's irrelevant to this discussion.

Your answers add nothing to this discussion, but reveal only your arrogance. You obviously feel like you have it all figured out and have closed your mind to further understanding. That's unfortunate.

Right Divider

Body part
Don't you believe that the promises were made to Jesus? This is what Paul tells us.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

If we agree that the promises were made to the Israel of God, then does this not show that Israel and Christ are one and the same? Or do you not believe what Paul is saying above?

You seem to be off on another tangent.

Note that the promises referred to in Galatians 3:16 is to Abraham AND his seed. What were those promises?

In the Bible, Israel is:
  • The name of a man (previously named Jacob).
  • The name of a nation who are the descendants of that man.
There are other analogies that are used where Christ is a representative of the nation of Israel. But that's another story.

Right Divider

Body part
Your answers add nothing to this discussion, but reveal only your arrogance. You obviously feel like you have it all figured out and have closed your mind to further understanding. That's unfortunate.
You are incorrect once again.

And now you are judging me to "have a closed mind".... As you said in your other post "You don't know me". So your judgement is hypocritical.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Note that the promises referred to in Galatians 3:16 is to Abraham AND his seed. What were those promises?

In the Bible, Israel is:
There are other analogies that are used where Christ is a representative of the nation of Israel. But that's another story.
It's amazing how many people confuse Abraham with Jacob, which results in a skewed overview of the Bible.

Freedm

In the Bible, Israel is:

The better question is "Who is his seed?" but you seem to be ignoring that part altogether. The promises were made to Abraham and Jesus. Not Abraham and his physical descendants. Do you deny this?

Freedm

The name Israel literally means kingdom of God. "El" is short for Elohim which means God. Any name ending in "El" means "Of God". This is why the Angel names all end with "El".

The "Isra" part of the word "Israel" is the Jewish word "Misra" which comes from the word ham·miś·rāh which means to rule as a government. Isaiah 9:6 uses this word; For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.

The word "sarar" is also derived from this same word and means "to rule, reign or act as prince". The derivative (sar) means prince, and (sarah) means princess and is nearly equal to the root of Israel as well as the name of Jacob's grandmother Sarah.

So again, the word "Israel" literally means "kingdom of God" or "To rule with God". Currently, who rules with God? The unbelievers, or the believers? The answer to that question determines who Israel is.