Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedm View Post
    I used to think as you do.
    That was good. You should have stayed there.

Now I understand that there is no difference between the Israel of God and the body of Christ.
    Incorrect.

They are one and the same.
    Nope.

The Israel of the United Nations however (that nation in the middle east that goes by the same name), that is something completely unrelated and irrelevant in regards to the plan of God.
    Who cares? That's irrelevant to this discussion.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
      When you really do, I will stop saying that.
      You don't know me and you don't know my heart. So if you're judging my seriousness in the scriptures, you're making a fool of yourself.

Comment

That was good. You should have stayed there.

Incorrect.

Nope.

Who cares? That's irrelevant to this discussion.
        Your answers add nothing to this discussion, but reveal only your arrogance. You obviously feel like you have it all figured out and have closed your mind to further understanding. That's unfortunate.

Comment

Don't you believe that the promises were made to Jesus? This is what Paul tells us.

Galatians 3:16
          Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

If we agree that the promises were made to the Israel of God, then does this not show that Israel and Christ are one and the same? Or do you not believe what Paul is saying above?

You seem to be off on another tangent.

Note that the promises referred to in Galatians 3:16 is to Abraham AND his seed. What were those promises?

In the Bible, Israel is:
          • The name of a man (previously named Jacob).
          • The name of a nation who are the descendants of that man.

There are other analogies that are used where Christ is a representative of the nation of Israel. But that's another story.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

You don't know me and you don't know my heart. So if you're judging my seriousness in the scriptures, you're making a fool of yourself.
            I'm simply going by what you've shown here.

Comment

Your answers add nothing to this discussion, but reveal only your arrogance. You obviously feel like you have it all figured out and have closed your mind to further understanding. That's unfortunate.
              You are incorrect once again.

And now you are judging me to "have a closed mind".... As you said in your other post "You don't know me". So your judgement is hypocritical.

Comment

Note that the promises referred to in Galatians 3:16 is to Abraham AND his seed. What were those promises?

In the Bible, Israel is:

There are other analogies that are used where Christ is a representative of the nation of Israel. But that's another story.
                It's amazing how many people confuse Abraham with Jacob, which results in a skewed overview of the Bible.

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                  It's amazing how many people confuse Abraham with Jacob, which results in a skewed overview of the Bible.
                  A little more attention to simple details would really help a lot of people.

Comment

In the Bible, Israel is:

The better question is "Who is his seed?" but you seem to be ignoring that part altogether. The promises were made to Abraham and Jesus. Not Abraham and his physical descendants. Do you deny this?

Comment

The name Israel literally means kingdom of God. "El" is short for Elohim which means God. Any name ending in "El" means "Of God". This is why the Angel names all end with "El".

The "Isra" part of the word "Israel" is the Jewish word "Misra" which comes from the word ham·miś·rāh which means to rule as a government. Isaiah 9:6 uses this word; For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.

The word "sarar" is also derived from this same word and means "to rule, reign or act as prince". The derivative (sar) means prince, and (sarah) means princess and is nearly equal to the root of Israel as well as the name of Jacob's grandmother Sarah.

So again, the word "Israel" literally means "kingdom of God" or "To rule with God". Currently, who rules with God? The unbelievers, or the believers? The answer to that question determines who Israel is.

Comment

The better question is "Who is his seed?" but you seem to be ignoring that part altogether.
                        No, it is not the "better question" and no, I'm not "ignoring that part altogether".

Quit making false accusations.

The promises were made to Abraham and Jesus. Not Abraham and his physical descendants. Do you deny this?
                        Do you have a post that I made that denied this?

What were the promises?

Comment

The name Israel literally means kingdom of God.
                          And?

"El" is short for Elohim which means God.
                          Well, no.

"El" is a word on it's own. It's not short for anything. It means "god" (singular, and capital "G" when referring to YHWH).

Just as "Ellah" (two gods) and "Elohim" (plurality)

Any name ending in "El" means "Of God".
                          Not necessarily.

This is why the Angel names all end with "El".
                          We only know the names of three angels. One of those names does not fit the rule you just made up.

"Lucifer"

Currently, who rules with God? The unbelievers, or the believers?
                          Neither. Nor will either ever rule with God.

The answer to that question determines who Israel is.

You've completely forgotten:

The Twelve Apostles (including Matthias, and not Paul) will rule on Twelve Thrones over the Twelve Tribes of Israel.

Guess what, those Twelve Apostles were all...

Yup.

Jews.

Comment

The name Israel literally means kingdom of God. "El" is short for Elohim which means God. Any name ending in "El" means "Of God". This is why the Angel names all end with "El".

The "Isra" part of the word "Israel" is the Jewish word "Misra" which comes from the word ham·miś·rāh which means to rule as a government. Isaiah 9:6 uses this word; For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.

The word "sarar" is also derived from this same word and means "to rule, reign or act as prince". The derivative (sar) means prince, and (sarah) means princess and is nearly equal to the root of Israel as well as the name of Jacob's grandmother Sarah.

So again, the word "Israel" literally means "kingdom of God" or "To rule with God". Currently, who rules with God? The unbelievers, or the believers? The answer to that question determines who Israel is.
                            Fairy tale conclusion that ignores the vast majority of scripture.

Comment

Do you have a post that I made that denied this?
                              I didn't say you denied it. I asked you if you denied it. Do you?

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                                Neither. Nor will either ever rule with God.
                                Do you not believe that Jesus is God?

Comment

Working...
                                X