ECT Loving Jesus enough to obey Him ensures salvation

Right Divider

Body part
My beliefs do not lead the blind into the ditch.

Always the pithy and meaningless insults from you. You are very childish.

If you want to believe myths and fantasy, go right ahead.

If you think that you can find yourself and your doctrine in the book of Revelation then all I can do it pity you.

God's Truth

Always the pithy and meaningless insults from you. You are very childish.

If you want to believe myths and fantasy, go right ahead.

If you think that you can find yourself and your doctrine in the book of Revelation then all I can do it pity you.

Hey RD, glad you want to parade around what I said to you a long time ago about figures.

Jesus said those who obey him are his mother and sisters and brothers. Is that not like figures?

Right Divider

Body part
Hey RD, glad you want to parade around what I said to you a long time ago about figures.

Jesus said those who obey him are his mother and sisters and brothers. Is that not like figures?

That you do not understand figures of speech is obvious. It's part of your total confusion of all things.

God's Truth

Jesus was a minister of the circumcision while on earth. Until you can understand the difference between that and Jesus as the Head of the body... there is no helping you.

Jesus was a minister to those who OBEYED and were OBEDIENT and got CIRCUMCISED. Those are to whom Jesus came first for---the OBEDIENT IN THE OLD COVENANT. Jesus is the head of ALL who HAVE FAITH IN HIM---OLD AND NEW COVENANT.

Shasta

Jesus was a minister of the circumcision while on earth.

Where does the Bible say that Jesus was a minister of circumcision while He was on earth? As far as I can tell, He neither taught nor practiced circumcision. Perhaps I missed something.

Until you can understand the difference between that and Jesus as the Head of the body... there is no helping you.

Tell me, what about 1 Cor 12:13: For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be JEWS or GENTILES, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
This verse says we have been BAPTIZED into one body and that because both Jews and Gentile believers have drunk of the same Spirit are all part of “the Body of Christ”

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus was a minister to those who OBEYED and were OBEDIENT and got CIRCUMCISED. Those are to whom Jesus came first for---the OBEDIENT IN THE OLD COVENANT. Jesus is the head of ALL who HAVE FAITH IN HIM---OLD AND NEW COVENANT.

It's too bad that you don't believe what the Bible actually says.

The Bible says that Jesus came to His own and His own received Him not.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus came to the JEWS, but the Jews received him not---except for the REMNANT!

I am trying to help you but you refuse.
The point that I was trying to make, which you could not understand is that Jesus was a minister of the circumcision when He was on earth. That is NOT how Paul tells us to know Him. 2 Cor 5:16

God's Truth

The point that I was trying to make, which you could not understand is that Jesus was a minister of the circumcision when He was on earth. That is NOT how Paul tells us to know Him. 2 Cor 5:16

No such thing what you claim. You have no point and I do understand. Jesus was a minister TO ALL, first to the Jew, then to the Gentile---just as Paul says.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 2:9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Acts 3:26 When God raised up His servant, He sent Him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 18:6 But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

Right Divider

Body part
No such thing what you claim. You have no point and I do understand. Jesus was a minister TO ALL, first to the Jew, then to the Gentile---just as Paul says.
Your beef is with Paul and the scripture that he wrote. Paul said that Jesus was a minister of the circumcision to confirm the promises made to the fathers. Clearly you do not understand what that means.

God's Truth

Your beef is with Paul and the scripture that he wrote. Paul said that Jesus was a minister of the circumcision to confirm the promises made to the fathers. Clearly you do not understand what that means.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles, and SO DOES PETER:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 2:9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Acts 3:26 When God raised up His servant, He sent Him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 18:6 But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

Right Divider

Body part
Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.
Don't ignore the scripture that does not fit your story.

Romans 15:8-13 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: 9 and that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. 10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. 11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. 12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust. 13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

God's Truth

Don't ignore the scripture that does not fit your story.

Romans 15:8-13 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: 9 and that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. 10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. 11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. 12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust. 13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus MINISTERED TO THE JEWS who had faith in God and obeyed and was in the covenant by getting circumcised.

Those are to whom Jesus came first for.

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
This is what Jesus said:

Revelation 3:5
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

That means that if you refuse to overcome, then you are in danger of having your name blotted out of the book of life, and everyone whose name is not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:15
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

You take a Positive Statement, like He that overcomes, and say it really is a NEGATIVE Statement to those that do not overcome.

YOU ARE WRONG.

It does not say they that do not overcome.

YOU ARE WRONG.

You are not taking about what is written, you are talking about about what you got out of it.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus MINISTERED TO THE JEWS who had faith in God and obeyed and was in the covenant by getting circumcised.

Those are to whom Jesus came first for.
Jesus ministered to ALL Jews, not just the believing ones. He was try to get them ALL to be faithful.

Here is an example of Jesus ministering to unfaithful Jews:

Mat 23:37 KJV O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

God's Truth

Jesus ministered to ALL Jews, not just the believing ones. He was try to get them ALL to be faithful.

Here is an example of Jesus ministering to unfaithful Jews:
Mat 23:37 KJV O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

No. God cut off and hardened the Jews who didn't have faith in Him before Jesus came.

Luke 19:42 and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes.

Luke 8:10 He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, "'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'

John 12:40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them."

Romans 11:8 as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day."

Mark 4:12 so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

Mark 8:17 And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you discuss the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet see or understand? Do you have a hardened heart? 18"HAVING EYES, DO YOU NOT SEE? AND HAVING EARS, DO YOU NOT HEAR? And do you not remember,