ECT Loving Jesus enough to obey Him ensures salvation

God's Truth

I do not want to vociferously say, unlike you, GT, that I can bring anything to the finished work of the Cross of Calvary for me TO BE SAVED.
I vociferously confess that HE ALONE WITHOUT any of my help HAS SAVED ME.
You repeat that which false teachers say. Wouldn't you rather repeat what God says?

False teachers say that we add to what Jesus did when we obey---thus making obeying a sin.

That is a bad thing to teach, you have got to know.

lifeisgood

You repeat that which false teachers say. Wouldn't you rather repeat what God says?

False teachers say that we add to what Jesus did when we obey---thus making obeying a sin.

That is a bad thing to teach, you have got to know.

Jesus says: "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).

Where did Jesus said for YOU, GT, TO DO anything for HIM give YOU His rest?

PS: Uppercase is NOT screaming. It is easier for emphasis.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Oh the twisting of the scripture. You're certainly one of the great Bible mashers here on TOL.

There is NO such thing as "initial salvation" in the Bible.

Another term completely foreign to the scripture. You're either completely confused or a purposeful deceiver.

So you are a follower of the twelve and not of Paul (as Paul follows Christ)?

Which tribe are you? James 1:1

Matthew and John are NOT preaching the gospel of the grace of God as was Paul. You believe that you can earn what the Lord gives freely. Romans 3:24.

P.S. I know that you will disagree and not understand a word of this post.

Really, I have not seen much worse. It makes me wonder how someone can say so much and be so wrong!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I do not want to vociferously say, unlike you, GT, that I can bring anything to the finished work of the Cross of Calvary for me TO BE SAVED.
I vociferously confess that HE ALONE WITHOUT any of my help HAS SAVED ME.
You, GT, just don't want to accept that YOU CANNOT help Him with YOUR salvation.

I on the other hand KNEW instinctively that I BROUGHT NOTHING to His finished work on the Cross of Calvary to save me when I called on His name.

yes,here I do agree!

God's Truth

Jesus says: "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).

Where did Jesus said for YOU, GT, TO DO anything for HIM give YOU His rest?

Firstly, Jesus is coming for those WHO LABOR by doing what they are told to do.

Secondly, Jesus says HE HAS A YOKE.

A yoke means there is work for you.

lifeisgood

Firstly, Jesus is coming for those WHO LABOR by doing what they are told to do.

Secondly, Jesus says HE HAS A YOKE.

A yoke means there is work for you.

Oh, GT, you are so left field you do not even hear yourself through your fingers so desperate you are to prove that YOU HAVE BROUGHT something to the FINISHED work of the Cross of Calvary.

You, GT are LABORING so much to SAVE YOURSELF that you do not even HEAR the Savior saying I, the Savior, DID EVERYTHING ALREADY, nothing need to be added to MY FINISHED work on the Cross of Calvary. You, GT, are saying that Jesus is not telling the truth when the said 'It is finished' , for you GT keep on striving to BRING your puny works to the already finished work of the Cross of Calvary.

THE YOKE Jesus is talking about has to do with YOU WORKING FOR YOUR SALVATION. Jesus is saying I, Jesus, DID EVERYTHING to save you, put my yoke that I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING to SAVE YOU. You, GT, do NOT have to strive TO BE SAVED, all I, Jesus, want for you to do is CALL ON MY NAME and I, Jesus, through MY FINISHED work on the Cross of Calvary have ALL THE POWER TO SAVE YOU. Just come and rest and KNOW that I CAN SAVE YOU all ON MY OWN. I, Jesus, DO NOT NEED YOU, gt, TO HELP ME to SAVE YOU, gt. PUT MY YOKE ON and rest.

Just call on my name, GT, and I, Jesus, will GIVE YOU, gt, MY REST.

AFTER, you, GT, get out of the way and permit Me, Jesus, to save you, then I will tell you what works I, Jesus, have prepared for you to do.

God's Truth

Oh, GT, you are so left field you do not even hear yourself through your fingers so desperate you are to prove that YOU HAVE BROUGHT something to the FINISHED work of the Cross of Calvary.

Jesus brought us the Way and you have to do what he says to get saved and to stay saved.

You, GT are LABORING so much to SAVE YOURSELF that you do not even HEAR the Savior saying I, the Savior, DID EVERYTHING ALREADY, nothing need to be added to MY FINISHED work on the Cross of Calvary. You, GT, are saying that Jesus is not telling the truth when the said 'It is finished' , for you GT keep on striving to BRING your puny works to the already finished work of the Cross of Calvary.
You are hearing what false teachers say.

No time ever is it wrong to obey Jesus.

In fact, there is no being saved unless you do obey.

Jesus isn't going to make his home with just anyone.

You probably wouldn't even do that.

You probably do more for family or friends coming to visit with you.

THE YOKE Jesus is talking about has to do with YOU WORKING FOR YOUR SALVATION. Jesus is saying I, Jesus, DID EVERYTHING to save you, put my yoke that I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING to SAVE YOU.

Jesus SAYS HIS YOKE IS LIGHT AND EASY. That is a yoke for US.

You, GT, do NOT have to strive TO BE SAVED, all I, Jesus, want for you to do is CALL ON MY NAME and I, Jesus,

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

You're in big trouble.

through MY FINISHED work on the Cross of Calvary have ALL THE POWER TO SAVE YOU. Just come and rest and KNOW that I CAN SAVE YOU all ON MY OWN. I, Jesus, DO NOT NEED YOU, gt, TO HELP ME to SAVE YOU, gt. PUT MY YOKE ON and rest.

No such thing as putting a yoke on and doing nothing. Can you imagine if the oxen did that.

Just call on my name, GT, and I, Jesus, will GIVE YOU, gt, MY REST.

AFTER, you, GT, get out of the way and permit Me, Jesus, to save you, then I will tell you what works I, Jesus, have prepared for you to do.

I'm going to post something to you that I just made and posted to DougE in another thread.

God's Truth

lifeisgood

​​​​​​​James SAYS faith alone CANNOT SAVE ANYONE.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

No, such a faith CAN save him.
Faith alone is dead, like a dead body to be buried.

James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Faith alone without any right action does not save. Apostle James says such faith is DEAD.
Many denominations call that dead faith ‘saving faith’.

The only time ‘faith alone’ is mentioned in the Bible, it is to tell us what kind of faith not to have.

James 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

That “dead faith” is NOT the most important kind of faith ever known.

Faith alone without works is dead. Our faith must be alive. Faith with obedience is living faith, alive faith.

The works we do not have to do to justify ourselves is be circumcised, observe special days, and sacrifice animals. Those are the works that Paul is speaking about, but people misunderstand Paul to their destruction. What insanity it is to think Paul is rebuking people from obeying Jesus.

Abraham was saved by faith and that was before circumcision. The scriptures say Abraham believed in and obeyed God, even before circumcision!

Abraham was not saved by faith alone because faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.
The scriptures say that Abraham obeyed.

I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws.” Genesis 26:4-5

James 2:22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

Faith alone doesn't first save and then it was really real if later the person obeys something.

James heard of this false teaching of faith alone, and that is why he tells the people it is foolish.

People were misunderstanding Paul.

Peter no doubt heard of this false teaching accredited to Paul cause he says people who misunderstand Paul have problems, just as James says.

Peter tells us that people misunderstand Paul. Right after Peter says that, he warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

People misunderstand Paul about no works. Paul is speaking about the ceremonial works of the law.
The Jews had to make themselves clean just to go to the temple to worship God. Can you imagine having to do all the things the Jews used to have to do?

These things are called the works of the law. They are the purification/ceremonial works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Paul explains that we do not have to do those things anymore to be saved, because faith alone in Jesus’ blood cleans us; faith that his blood cleans us after we repent of our sins. No one has to work at cleaning themselves just to go to the temple to worship God. Faith in Jesus’ blood makes us clean and we become the temple of the Living God.

The Jews had the law with works to make themselves clean for many hundreds of years, about 1,600 years. Paul is explaining why the Jews do not have to do those works anymore when God commanded it. Paul is also explaining how the Gentiles who were EXCLUDED and without God in the world can now be saved without doing all those purification/ceremonial works…faith and no works of the law. Faith and no ceremonial works save, not faith and no obeying.

Even the demons believe and do something, they shudder.
See James 2:19.

lifeisgood

lifeisgood

​​​​​​​James SAYS faith alone CANNOT SAVE ANYONE.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

No, such a faith CAN save him.
Faith alone is dead, like a dead body to be buried.

James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Faith alone without any right action does not save. Apostle James says such faith is DEAD.
Many denominations call that dead faith ‘saving faith’.

The only time ‘faith alone’ is mentioned in the Bible, it is to tell us what kind of faith not to have.

James 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

That “dead faith” is NOT the most important kind of faith ever known.

Faith alone without works is dead. Our faith must be alive. Faith with obedience is living faith, alive faith.

The works we do not have to do to justify ourselves is be circumcised, observe special days, and sacrifice animals. Those are the works that Paul is speaking about, but people misunderstand Paul to their destruction. What insanity it is to think Paul is rebuking people from obeying Jesus.

Abraham was saved by faith and that was before circumcision. The scriptures say Abraham believed in and obeyed God, even before circumcision!

Abraham was not saved by faith alone because faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.
The scriptures say that Abraham obeyed.

I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws.” Genesis 26:4-5

James 2:22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

Faith alone doesn't first save and then it was really real if later the person obeys something.

James heard of this false teaching of faith alone, and that is why he tells the people it is foolish.

People were misunderstanding Paul.

Peter no doubt heard of this false teaching accredited to Paul cause he says people who misunderstand Paul have problems, just as James says.

Peter tells us that people misunderstand Paul. Right after Peter says that, he warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

People misunderstand Paul about no works. Paul is speaking about the ceremonial works of the law.
The Jews had to make themselves clean just to go to the temple to worship God. Can you imagine having to do all the things the Jews used to have to do?

These things are called the works of the law. They are the purification/ceremonial works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Paul explains that we do not have to do those things anymore to be saved, because faith alone in Jesus’ blood cleans us; faith that his blood cleans us after we repent of our sins. No one has to work at cleaning themselves just to go to the temple to worship God. Faith in Jesus’ blood makes us clean and we become the temple of the Living God.

The Jews had the law with works to make themselves clean for many hundreds of years, about 1,600 years. Paul is explaining why the Jews do not have to do those works anymore when God commanded it. Paul is also explaining how the Gentiles who were EXCLUDED and without God in the world can now be saved without doing all those purification/ceremonial works…faith and no works of the law. Faith and no ceremonial works save, not faith and no obeying.

Even the demons believe and do something, they shudder.
See James 2:19.

You, GT, as much as YOU strive, CANNOT SAVE YOURSELF by YOUR works.

BTW: James is NOT talking about the kind of faith TO BE SAVED. He is talking about the faith that produces the works that has been prepared for those WHO HAVE BEEN SAVED exclusively by Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

Now, you, GT, continue striving in your quest to save yourself by your works.

God's Truth

You, GT, as much as YOU strive, CANNOT SAVE YOURSELF by YOUR works.
Save yourself from this evil place and obey Jesus.

BTW: James is NOT talking about the kind of faith TO BE SAVED. He is talking about the faith that produces the works that has been prepared for those WHO HAVE BEEN SAVED exclusively by Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.
James says faith alone is dead and can't save. You have to have faith and obedience THEN you can be saved.

Now, you, GT, continue striving in your quest to save yourself by your works.
Jesus saved me because of my obedience to what he says to do to get saved.
His words are true and trustworthy.

lifeisgood

Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Here you, gt, go again, saying what the Bible DOES NOT say. Peter is saying that YOU CANNOT save yourself. Peter is saying repent and come to the faith. What is the FAITH that SAVES of which Peter is speaking? Call on the NAME that is ABOVE every name and the ONLY name that can save, Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

lifeisgood

Save yourself from this evil place and obey Jesus.

If I could save myself, then I would not need Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, which is what you are saying, that you, gt, can save yourself. Sad.

James says faith alone is dead and can't save. You have to have faith and obedience THEN you can be saved.

James was NOT talking to YOU, gt, unless you are of one of the tribe of Israel in the diaspora.

Besides that, James is saying that if you are SAVED, you MUST produce the works that have been prepared for you to do.
Man, you, gt, are even going AGAINST James which you so vociferously says you follow.

Jesus saved me because of my obedience to what he says to do to get saved.
His words are true and trustworthy.

You have NEVER OBEYED Jesus. NEVER, not even once..
Jesus said, COME and I, Jesus, will GIVE YOU rest BECAUSE OF MY WORK not yours.
You, gt, say, I, gt, do not want to come because I, gt, and producing all my works to save myself.

You have saved yourself without the help of Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, and therefore, NOT doing the works that He has prepared for you to do. How sad..

God's Truth

Here you, gt, go again, saying what the Bible DOES NOT say. Peter is saying that YOU CANNOT save yourself. Peter is saying repent and come to the faith. What is the FAITH that SAVES of which Peter is speaking? Call on the NAME that is ABOVE every name and the ONLY name that can save, Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

Peter says to save yourself by obeying Jesus who saves.

He proves what you said to me is error.

Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

God's Truth

If I could save myself, then I would not need Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, which is what you are saying, that you, gt, can save yourself. Sad.

Jesus didn't come to earth and teach us just to have his words nullified when he died on the cross.

James was NOT talking to YOU, gt, unless you are of one of the tribe of Israel in the diaspora.

Same one and only gospel that saves.

Are you Titus or Timothy? Are you a Gentile Corinthian, or an Ephesian Gentile?

Besides that, James is saying that if you are SAVED, you MUST produce the works that have been prepared for you to do.
Man, you, gt, are even going AGAINST James which you so vociferously says you follow.

Did you read it in context? They weren't saved yet.

You can't enter unless you do what Jesus says...humble yourself, have a forgiving heart, repent of your sins, call on him.

Acts 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

You have NEVER OBEYED Jesus. NEVER, not even once..

Jesus wouldn't have saved me if I didn't obey.

Jesus said, COME and I, Jesus, will GIVE YOU rest BECAUSE OF MY WORK not yours.
That is not scripture.

Jesus says those who labor will find rest.

The gospel is for those who do right:

The gospel is given to those who do right: Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

You, gt, say, I, gt, do not want to come because I, gt, and producing all my works to save myself.

What you say doesn't make sense, for I preach to obey Jesus. Jesus says to come, and that is what I did.

You have saved yourself without the help of Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, and therefore, NOT doing the works that He has prepared for you to do. How sad..[/Q

Don't you care about the truth? Why did you say without Jesus?

lifeisgood

Peter says to save yourself by obeying Jesus who saves.

He proves what you said to me is error.

Peter is saying 'repent and accept Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, because all OUR WORKS up to now HAS NOT SAVED any of us.'
Please, lean to read for comprehension GT.
Why do you keep on DENYING Jesus' the POWER and HONOR and GLORY that BELONGS only to Him by saying THAT YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP HIM TO SAVE YOU?

God's Truth

Peter is saying 'repent and accept Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, because all OUR WORKS up to now HAS NOT SAVED any of us.'
Please, lean to read for comprehension GT.
Why do you keep on DENYING Jesus' the POWER and HONOR and GLORY that BELONGS only to Him by saying THAT YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP HIM TO SAVE YOU?

You think Jesus is powerful and honorable and has glory and to him only? GOOD! Now do what he says to do to get saved and stay saved.

Stop being afraid, it is easy to do what Jesus says to do, and you will be glad for it.

lifeisgood

You are the one doing that. You are the one who keeps saying we don't do what Jesus told the lost sheep to do to get saved and that we just have to believe he died on the cross.

What you do, GT, is to keep on trying to work your works so that GT can help the 'IT IS FINISHED' of Jesus to save you. Jesus DOES NOT need your works TO SAVE YOU.
He wants you to BELIEVE THAT HE HAS THE POWER AND THE AUTHORITY to save you already. Salvation is TOTALLY and COMPLETELY from Jesus plus NOTHING ELSE. Him alone, by His power alone, by His authority alone.

According to you, GT, Jesus does not have the power nor the authority TO SAVE YOU because you, gt, say that you, gt, MUST DO WORKS so that you, gt, can help Jesus so that you, gt, give Him the authority and power, THROUGH YOUR WORKS, to save you.

Because you, gt, INSIST that you must work TO BE SAVED, you do not have the time to find out the WORKS THAT HAVE BEEN PREPARED FOR YOU by Jesus Himself to do AFTER He has saved you.

Now, GT, you keep on striving with searching to do the works that WERE NOT prepared for YOU to do so that you can save yourself, because YOUR WORKS TO BE SAVED are rejected, exactly as would be mine.