ECT Loving Jesus enough to obey Him ensures salvation

God's Truth

It always amazes me (nah for I expect it) that SOME Christians make God's FINISHED work on the Cross of Calvary in NEED of our WORKS so that God can SAVE us as if we could add anything to HIS ALREADY FINISHED work. What a foolish premise. No wonder the Church is in such a mess.

SALVATION is TOTAL, COMPLETELY, ENTIRELY from God. He even PROVIDES the measure of FAITH He needs to work with so that He can save us (Romans 12:3-8).

AFTER God has SAVED US ALL BY HIS LONESOME SELF, we because now we are saved AFTER He did it, enjoy loving Him, doing good deeds, praising Him, telling others about HIS WORK in our lives WITHOUT US doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, etc. It is all because we are ALREADY saved and NOT to get saved.

The WORKS is BECAUSE we have BEEN SAVED. God CAME DOWN to PICK US UP because HE KNEW there is no way that WE COULD GO TO HIM for there is NOT ONE THAT LOOKS FOR GOD. God came looking for us. Let us work in such a knowledge and tell others that AFTER God has DONE HIS WORK in us (saved us), then we out of our love for Him, do the good works THAT HE HAS PREPARED FOR US TO DO (Eph. 2:10) so that HE can CONFORM us to the IMAGE of HIS SON.

PS: Uppercase is NOT screaming. It is easier for emphasis.

You are talking from a false teachers talking point when you say people are claiming they are "adding" to what Jesus did.

Jesus saves us all on his own and he tells us whom he chooses to save.

Jesus says he saves those who believe and obey him.

Most all denominations do NOT teach what I said, but they do teach the falseness you say.

lifeisgood

You are talking from a false teachers talking point when you say people are claiming they are "adding" to what Jesus did.

Wrong.

Jesus saves us all on his own and he tells us whom he chooses to save.

Yes, Jesus saves whomever He wants, however, He does NOT tell us whom He chooses to save.

Jesus says he saves those who believe and obey him.

If Jesus saves us all on his own as you said above and I concur (for He does), then you are wrong by saying YOU have to OBEY him for Him to SAVE YOU.

Most all denominations do NOT teach what I said, but they do teach the falseness you say.

You believe that by YOUR works you are saved.

God's Truth

Then give the scripture that says it is adding to what Jesus did if we obey.

Yes, Jesus saves whomever He wants, however, He does NOT tell us whom He chooses to save.
Jesus tells us whom he chooses to save. He tells us how to be the person he saves.

If Jesus saves us all on his own as you said above and I concur (for He does), then you are wrong by saying YOU have to OBEY him for Him to SAVE YOU.
Jesus tells us what to do to be chosen for salvation.

You believe that by YOUR works you are saved.
I do what Jesus says to do in order for him to choose to save me.

lifeisgood

Jesus tells us what to do to be chosen for salvation.

JESUS SAID: “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whoever believes in Him [no works demanded] should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave [imagine that God did ALL the work by Himself; he did not wait for YOU or MYSELF to bring our works to help Him] his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:14-16)

Ephesians 2:8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

You, GT are either SAVED by the grace of God so that YOU cannot BOAST that YOUR works are BETTER than Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary or you are save yourself by the works of your own hands, which God will not accept. The choice is yours. You will never when in His presence say that you were NOT warned.

God's Truth

JESUS SAID: “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whoever believes in Him [no works demanded] should not perish
Wow, you added to God's Word.

but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave [imagine that God did ALL the work by Himself; he did not wait for YOU or MYSELF to bring our works to help Him] his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:14-16)
Jesus had people help him. Jesus had people obey him. You don't know that and want to be a teacher.
Ephesians 2:8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Not of the PURIFICATION WORKS.

The purification works are the only works that used to purify a person, now Jesus is the only one who purifies anyone. Just like always though, a person has to obey God and do right and not sin. Think for yourself and stop repeating what false teachers taught you.

You, GT are either SAVED by the grace of God so that YOU cannot BOAST that YOUR works are BETTER than Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary or you are save yourself by the works of your own hands, which God will not accept. The choice is yours. You will never when in His presence say that you were NOT warned.
Wow, you are speaking against doing anything that Jesus says to do and claim Jesus only says for one thing to believe and it is to just believe and do nothing else! No such thing. Jesus says to believe that you have to obey him!

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
“And we know that God causes everything to work together
for the good of those who love God and are called
according to his purpose for them.” (Romans 8:28)

These were predestined, called, justified, and glorified (8:29-30).

Those who truly love God obey Him by resisting temptations to sin!

“God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation.
Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God
has promised to those who love Him.” (James 1:12)

Believers who endure temptation:
● love God
● chose to be obedient to Jesus (see below)
● will receive the crown of (eternal) life

“Temptation comes from our own desires,
which entice us and drag us away.
These desires give birth to sinful actions.
And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.
So, don’t be misled, my dear brothers and sisters.” (James 1:14-16)

Believers who do NOT endure temptation:
● will fall into habitual sin
● will receive spiritual (eternal) death …
UNLESS they sincerely repent (stop their habitual sinning).

Those who really love Jesus obey Him
“Those who accept My commandments and obey them
are the ones who love Me.” (John 14:21)
“All who love Me will do what I say.” (John 14:23)
“Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me.” (John 14:24)
“When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love” (John 15:10)
“You are my friends, if you do what I command.” (John 15:14)

Who gets to heaven who does not love Jesus,
who is not His friend,
and who does not obey His commandments?

Slaves of sin -- OR -- slaves of obedience
“… if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves,
you are slaves of the one whom you obey,
either (slaves) of sin which leads to (eternal) death, OR
(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

“… anyone who obeys my teachings will never die!” (John 8:51)

“if you want to receive eternal life,
keep the commandments.” (Matthew 19:17)

“So, you must live as God’s obedient children.” (1 Peter 1:14)

“Only those who fear the Lord and keep His commandments
have life with God. But there is NO (eternal) life in those
who do not keep His commandments.”

(from “The Shepherd of Hermas”, which was quoted as Scripture by early
Christian leaders such as Irenaeus, Origen, and Clement of Alexandria)

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

You must follow the FIRST commandment, as Jesus says,

Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

It is not a one over the other. In Fact it is a YOU BELIEVE IN GOD,
Believe also in me.

lifeisgood

For truth's sake, Jesus didn't tell everyone to do that.

You want to be a teacher but don't know that?

Oh, so YOU confirm that YOU do NOT obey ALL what Jesus said, but you BOAST that YOU OBEY everything he said.
Get your confusion straighten out, GT. You're slipping.
No wonder the Bible says that Salvation is by GRACE ALONE so that BOASTFULNESS in your works can be thrown in the garbage.

lifeisgood

Wow, you added to God's Word.

You can’t be this thick GT, but, hey, maybe you are.
What I wrote in brackets in case YOUR eyes were blinded by your brilliance — [no works demanded] — was a rhetorical comment, oh, foolish one. It was NOT adding to God’s word.

lifeisgood

Wow, you are speaking against doing anything that Jesus says to do and claim Jesus only says for one thing to believe and it is to just believe and do nothing else! No such thing. Jesus says to believe that you have to obey him!

Oh, brilliance blinded one, pray tell what is it that YOU have done that Jesus has said to do? Common, show me. Teach me. Silence me.

Have YOU specifically started PREACHING Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary STARTING in Jerusalem and going all around the world? No. Bummer. Your non-works failed.

Have you helped the church in Jerusalem while going through persecution? No. Bummer. Your non-works failed, again.

Have you CONFESSED every single minute sin you have committed from the day you were born? No. Bummer. Your non-works failed, failed again.

How about confessing the sins that Jesus consider to be sin and you because being blinded by your brilliance forgot to confess them? No. Bummer. Your non-works failed, failed, failed again.

So, you keep on your blinded brilliance THAT YOUR WORKS will SAVE YOU. How sad that YOU reject His FINISHED work to save you and YOU have this necessity to ADD yourself and your works into His finished work as He Himself said.

lifeisgood

Jesus had people help him. Jesus had people obey him. You don't know that and want to be a teacher.

Not of the PURIFICATION WORKS.

The purification works are the only works that used to purify a person, now Jesus is the only one who purifies anyone. Just like always though, a person has to obey God and do right and not sin. Think for yourself and stop repeating what false teachers taught you.

In one side of your mouth you, GT, proclaim that people MUST OBEY ALL Jesus said. In the other side of your mouth you, GT, proclaim that people MUST NOT obey ALL Jesus said.

Your blinded brilliance tells you, GT that you MUST PERFORM PURIFICATION WORKS so that Jesus and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary can save you. How sad that you reject His finished work on the Cross of Calvary for salvation as He Himself said and YOU MUST ADD your pitiful works TO BE SAVED.

God's Truth

Oh, so YOU confirm that YOU do NOT obey ALL what Jesus said, but you BOAST that YOU OBEY everything he said.
Get your confusion straighten out, GT. You're slipping.
No wonder the Bible says that Salvation is by GRACE ALONE so that BOASTFULNESS in your works can be thrown in the garbage.

No such thing what you are saying.
Jesus told someone to get him a donkey and since we aren't bringing him donkeys doesn't mean we are disobedient and now don't have to do anything, per your logic.

Matthew 21:2 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.

God's Truth

You can’t be this thick GT, but, hey, maybe you are.
What I wrote in brackets in case YOUR eyes were blinded by your brilliance — [no works demanded] — was a rhetorical comment, oh, foolish one. It was NOT adding to God’s word.

You are trying to shame me for saying we have to obey Jesus. What Jesus tells us to do is so easy, and light, and not burdensome. Anyone can do what he says to do.
The 'not of works' is the not of the works of the law, which are the purification works, because Jesus purifies us now.

God's Truth

Oh, brilliance blinded one, pray tell what is it that YOU have done that Jesus has said to do? Common, show me. Teach me. Silence me.
You are trying to shame and abuse me.

Have YOU specifically started PREACHING Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary STARTING in Jerusalem and going all around the world? No. Bummer. Your non-works failed.
Jesus doesn't tell everyone to be a traveling minster, but he DOES tell EVERYONE they will NOT enter the kingdom unless they humble themselves as a child.

Have you helped the church in Jerusalem while going through persecution? No. Bummer. Your non-works failed, again.

Have you CONFESSED every single minute sin you have committed from the day you were born? No. Bummer. Your non-works failed, failed again.
I have confessed of all my sins.
It is not my works, for I haven't made up the plan for salvation, it is what GOD says to do, and you mock Him.
How about confessing the sins that Jesus consider to be sin and you because being blinded by your brilliance forgot to confess them? No. Bummer. Your non-works failed, failed, failed again.
Doing what Jesus says does not make one fail, it makes one saved.

God's Truth

In one side of your mouth you, GT, proclaim that people MUST OBEY ALL Jesus said. In the other side of your mouth you, GT, proclaim that people MUST NOT obey ALL Jesus said.

Your blinded brilliance tells you, GT that you MUST PERFORM PURIFICATION WORKS so that Jesus and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary can save you. How sad that you reject His finished work on the Cross of Calvary for salvation as He Himself said and YOU MUST ADD your pitiful works TO BE SAVED.

Jesus didn't come to earth just to preach a bunch of stuff and then have it nullified by dying on the cross.
No; Jesus' words are FOREVER and for EVERYONE and it came into FORCE for everyone once he died.

lifeisgood

You are trying to shame me for saying we have to obey Jesus. What Jesus tells us to do is so easy, and light, and not burdensome. Anyone can do what he says to do.
The 'not of works' is the not of the works of the law, which are the purification works, because Jesus purifies us now.

You are shaming yourself, GT professing that YOU need to ADD your PITIFUL works TO BE SAVED.

TO BE SAVED, you or I or for that matter anybody else, CANNOT bring any pitiful word TO BE SAVED for Jesus said 'It is finished'. You, GT, insist in saying that Jesus is lying and you need to bring your works for Him to save you. .

AFTER the Lord saves us THEN and ONLY THEN can we do the works that HE has PREPARED for us to do.

You, GT, make soup with TO BE SAVED and ALREADY SAVED. You, GT, by your profession is saying that you are not saved. Listen to yourself and you will see that you are vociferously proclaiming that Jesus has not saved you because He NEVER told YOU how many deeds you are to perform for Him to save you. Listen to yourself carefully. That is what you are saying.