ECT Mary: Mother of God

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Any who do not want to view content put up by Catholic members - please place them on ignore. Sharing one's church beliefs isn't a violation.

keypurr

Translation: That Catholic girl just beat the snot out of me and I have no good response.

Show some humility and admit you are wrong. There is no shame in that.

Now watch:

consider making your point using scripture and people might believe you they don't really care what the Catholic Church preaches.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
consider making your point using scripture and people might believe you they don't really care what the Catholic Church preaches.

How many times does it have to be said to people like you who just cannot get it through their thick head that these beliefs are the beliefs of all Christians, Orthodox, Anglicans, Catholic, everybody except your tiny slice of protestantism. We don't have to prove anything to you, you have to prove to us why all of Christianity has been wrong for 2,000 years, and you're dopey half-baked interpretation is correct.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
January 1st: Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God

On this holy feast day, we take a moment as we start our new year to honor our Blessed Mother, who in her “yes” to God brought our Savior into the world to redeem us.

Jesus says on the cross, “Behold your Mother.” As we all jump into the frenzy of the new year and start attempting to bring our resolutions to fruition, let us call on the aid of our Mother Mary to give us the strength to draw closer to her Son every day this year.

MORE NICE TWEETS

ALL Christians know that Mary is the mother of God. Classicaly, to "mother" is to bear, and to "father" is to originate. So Mary bore Jesus, divine and human, in her womb, and is rightly called Mother of God, or "God bearer" (Theotokos). She did not originate God, she bore him in her womb.

Remember what Elizabeth said: "And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me?" (Luke 1:43). Who was the Lord to the Jews? God was.

Exactly correct