ECT Mary: Mother of God

truechristian

BANNED
Banned
What crack did you crawl out of you lowlife liar. Take your stupidity back to your sandbox.

Trump, your Your eyes are dimmed and your ears are blocked ever since you were dragged to that confessional when some probably pedo old pagan priest demanded you confess imaginary sins to him.
Then you had to eat a piece of cake baked for Ishtar-QueenofHeaven and threatened that if you didn't believe it really was a bit of Jesus's flesh you would die in a flaming hell. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_...epan_40689.jpg

Then you were given a catholic bible perverted to cause you to sin by having Commandments 1& 2 removed. But for your benefit here they are as written with GOD's own finger on the tablets of stone Moses carried up Mt Sinai!
Exodus 20 from Scroll 1Q2 Exodus
1 God spoke all these words, saying,
[..]
3 “You shall have no other gods before me.
[..]
5 you shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them, for I, Yahweh your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and on the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 and showing loving kindness to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/...yed-in-israel/

truechristian

BANNED
Banned
From another thread:

Is There a Queen in the Kingdom of Heaven? PART ONE

UGH! Trumpgurl, Who could ever want to know more of the pagan catholics nonsense!

No True Christian will follow the pedo popey devilworshipper into worshipping idols of Ishtar/Venus-QueenofHeaven.

Exodus 20 from Scroll 1Q2 Exodus
1 God spoke all these words, saying,
[..]
3 “You shall have no other gods before me.
[..]
5 you shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them, for I, Yahweh your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and on the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 and showing loving kindness to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/...yed-in-israel/

God's Truth

Lies.

God loves you, even though you follow an imitation of His One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church.

God loves those who love Him by obeying Him.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Right Divider

Body part
Mary is Jesus' mother ONLY in regards to His HUMANITY and she has nothing to do with His DEITY.

Never does scripture describe Mary as the "mother of god".

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The Council of Ephesus in AD 431, I say again, the Council of Ephesus in AD 431, decreed that Mary is the Theotokos because her son Jesus is both God and man: one divine person with two natures (divine and human).

The title of Mother of God (Greek: Μήτηρ (του) Θεοῦ) or God Bearer, is most often used in English, largely due to the lack of a satisfactory equivalent of the Greek τόκος. Because of that the title is often left untranslated, and she is called "Theotokos".

Mary "bore" God (Jesus) in her womb so she is the God Bearer, Mother of God.

This is the belief of almost all Christians, Catholic and Orthodox. Only a tiny fringe reject it.

Read:

Although Mary is the Mother of God, she is not his mother in the sense that she is older than God or the source of her Son’s divinity, for she is neither. Rather, we say that she is the Mother of God in the sense that she carried in her womb a divine person—Jesus Christ, God “in the flesh” (2 John 7, cf. John 1:14)—and in the sense that she contributed the genetic matter to the human form God took in Jesus Christ.​

To avoid this conclusion, Fundamentalists often assert that Mary did not carry God in her womb, but only carried Christ’s human nature. This assertion reinvents a heresy from the fifth century known as Nestorianism, which runs aground on the fact that a mother does not merely carry the human nature of her child in her womb. Rather, she carries the person of her child. Women do not give birth to human natures; they give birth to persons. Mary thus carried and gave birth to the person of Jesus Christ, and the person she gave birth to was God.

The Nestorian claim that Mary did not give birth to the unified person of Jesus Christ attempts to separate Christ’s human nature from his divine nature, creating two separate and distinct persons—one divine and one human—united in a loose affiliation. It is therefore a Christological heresy, which even the Protestant Reformers recognized. Both Martin Luther and John Calvin insisted on Mary’s divine maternity. In fact, it even appears that Nestorius himself may not have believed the heresy named after him. Further, the “Nestorian” church has now signed a joint declaration on Christology with the Catholic Church and recognizes Mary’s divine maternity, just as other Christians do.

Since denying that Mary is God’s mother implies doubt about Jesus’ divinity, it is clear why Christians (until recent times) have been unanimous in proclaiming Mary as Mother of God.

The Church Fathers, of course, agreed, and the following passages witness to their lively recognition of the sacred truth and great gift of divine maternity that was bestowed upon Mary.​

Mary is Jesus' mother ONLY in regards to His HUMANITY

That is an old heresy which introduces a duality into Jesus Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
The Council of Ephesus in AD 431, I say again, the Council of Ephesus in AD 431, decreed that Mary is the Theotokos because her son Jesus is both God and man: one divine person with two natures (divine and human).
I don't care about late man-made councils.
That is an old heresy which introduces a duality into Jesus Christ.
No heresy... just TRUTH.

Jesus is GOD AND MAN. That you try to mash those two natures into one is heresy.

His DEITY is NOT His HUMANITY and visa versa.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
I don't care about late man-made councils.

And Christiandom does not care about your man-made opinion.

I always get a chuckle out of people like you who call such things "man made" and yet forget that your opinion is also man made.

The difference is that they have the authority that was handed down to them from the apostles, and from Christ, and You do not.

That's that.

Right Divider

Body part
And Christiandom does not care about your man-made opinion.
Christiandom ... Hilarious!
I always get a chuckle out of people like you who call such things "man made" and yet forget that your opinion is also man made.

The difference is that they have the authority that was handed down to them from the apostles, and from Christ, and You do not.

That's that.
No, I go with the God-given BIBLE.... whereas you love man-made religion.

You cannot support "mother of god" from the BIBLE... so you babble on about man-made councils and catechisms.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum

Mary, Mother of God
by Tim Staples • 10/12/2013

By saying Mary is the Mother of God, the Catholic Church is not saying that Mary is the source of the divine nature among the three persons of the Blessed Trinity, nor is she the source of the divine nature of the second person of the Blessed Trinity. She doesn’t have to be in order to be the mother of the second person of the Blessed Trinity incarnate.​
Perhaps an analogy using normal human reproduction will help clarify the Catholic and biblical position. My wife is the mother of my son, Timmy (and four other little human tornadoes). But this in no way implies that she is the source of Timmy’s immortal soul. God directly and immediately created his soul as he does with every human being (see Eccl. 12:7). However, we do not conclude from this that my wife, Valerie, is merely “the mother of Timmy’s body.” She is Timmy’s mother… period. This is so because she did not give birth to a body. She gave birth to a human person who is a body/soul composite… Timmy.​
Analogously, though Mary did not provide Jesus with either his divine nature or his immortal human soul, she is still his mother because she did not give birth to a body, a soul, a nature, or even two natures—she gave birth to a person. And that one person is God. The conclusion to the whole matter is inescapable: If Jesus Christ is one, eternal and unchangeable divine person—God—and Mary is his mother—then Mary is the Mother of that one, eternal and unchangeable person—God.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Some good words from our protestant friends:

Anglican Marian theology

Anglican Marian theology is the summation of the doctrines and beliefs of Anglicanism concerning Mary, mother of Jesus. As Anglicans believe that Jesus was both human and God the Son, the second Person of the Trinity, within the Anglican Communion and Continuing Anglican movement, Mary is accorded honour as the theotokos, a Koiné Greek term that means "God-bearer" or "one who gives birth to God".

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum

Theotokos

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Theotokos (Greek: Θεοτόκος, Greek pronunciation: [θeoˈtokos];[1] literally "God-bearer") is a title of Mary, mother of Jesus, used especially in Eastern Christianity. The usual Latin translations, Dei Genitrix or Deipara (approximately "parent (fem.) of God"), are "Mother of God" or "God-bearer".[a][2]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theotokos#cite_note-4[3]

The title has been in use since the 3rd century, in the Syriac tradition (as Classical Syriac: ܝܳܠܕܰܬ ܐܰܠܳܗܳܐ‎, romanized: Yoldath Aloho) in the Liturgy of Mari and Addai (3rd century)[4] and the Liturgy of St James (4th century).[5] The Council of Ephesus in AD 431 decreed that Mary is the Theotokos because her son Jesus is both God and man: one divine person with two natures (divine and human) intimately and hypostatically united.[6][7]

The title of Mother of God (Greek: Μήτηρ (τοῦ) Θεοῦ) or Mother of Incarnate God; abbreviated ΜΡ ΘΥ, Latin Mater Dei) is most often used in English, largely due to the lack of a satisfactory equivalent of the Greek τόκος / Latin genitrix. For the same reason, the title is often left untranslated, as "Theotokos", in Orthodox liturgical usage of other languages.[/B]

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
What does the Orthodox Church say: https://orthodoxwiki.org/Theotokos

The Virgin Mary is the Theotokos, the mother of Jesus Christ, the Son and Word of God. She conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit. She was cared for by her betrothed husband, Joseph, who took the child and his mother into his home as his own. One very strong tradition in the Orthodox Church holds that the birth of Jesus was also miraculous and left Mary's virginity intact as a sign; it is also the tradition of the Church that Joseph and Mary did not have relations after the birth of Jesus. She is also called Panagia, the "All-Holy," indicating her closeness to God in her obedience.

The title Theotokos (in Greek, Θεοτόκος) is a Greek word that means "God-bearer" or "Birth-giver to God."