ECT 'Speaking in Tongues', true vs false.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The following is from Gotquestions.org

​​​​​​Christian Divine Healing Today

Concerning divine healing today, there are a couple different schools of thought. Some Christians believe the gift of healing (1 Corinthians 12:9) ceased along with the sign gift of tongues. This position is called cessationism. Other Christians believe all of the sign gifts are still in use today.

While we take the cessationist view, we do believe that God is still “the LORD who heals” (Exodus 15:26). He has not lost His ability to heal, and His love for His people has not diminished. Divine healing may come through traditional medicine or through direct intervention by God in response to prayer. Or, if God wills, wholeness may not come until the ultimate healing in heaven. God is the Great Physician, and all healing, physical, emotional, and spiritual, belongs to Him.

Do you agree with this position?

Mostly.

The notion that "Divine healing may come through traditional medicine" seems trite, at best but otherwise, I'd say that I agree with it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
No.

No.

It is not from silence that God heals people. The Bible says He does.

The BIBLE says they were ROBBERS not murderers.

You are going against the Bible.

Do you really want to go against the Bible?

The Bible says God heals. The Bible doesn’t say He stopped healing.

It is relevant because it is the Word of God.

God still heals people.

Okay look, I've tried and tried to get you to engage the debate.

Is this really the best that you can do or is it that you aren't interested in debating the issue?

In either case, why are you even here? I mean, you're not even trying!
This website is the biggest voluntary waste of time that I could imagine existing unless you're here to actually engage your mind and try to seriously and soberly think through what you believe and make arguments designed to substantively support your beliefs or at the very least make some effort to learn how to do that. You could do better than this if all you did was a Google search and then copy/pasted something from some other website where an adult has actually spent the time it took to formulate something that at least appears to be a cogent defense of your doctrine.

God's Truth

Okay look, I've tried and tried to get you to engage the debate.

Is this really the best that you can do or is it that you aren't interested in debating the issue?

In either case, why are you even here? I mean, you're not even trying!
This website is the biggest voluntary waste of time that I could imagine existing unless you're here to actually engage your mind and try to seriously and soberly think through what you believe and make arguments designed to substantively support your beliefs or at the very least make some effort to learn how to do that. You could do better than this if all you did was a Google search and then copy/pasted something from some other website where an adult has actually spent the time it took to formulate something that at least appears to be a cogent defense of your doctrine.

You want to be an instructor but you are full of error. There isn't even a person named Miletus, as you claim. Your only recourse in a debate is to turn to personal attacks.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You want to be an instructor but you are full of error.
Saying it doesn't make it so.

There isn't even a person named Miletus, as you claim.
I quoted the passage in this very thread.

Your only recourse in a debate is to turn to personal attacks.
Like I said, I've tried and tried and tried to get you to engage the debate. You are the one who refuses to do so. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. The entire thread and every single word I've said to you is all still here for anyone to read.

God's Truth

Saying it doesn't make it so.

I quoted the passage in this very thread.

Like I said, I've tried and tried and tried to get you to engage the debate. You are the one who refuses to do so. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. The entire thread and every single word I've said to you is all still here for anyone to read.

It's hard to respond to that because it is not based on reality or facts. What you say is contradicted by relevant evidence.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Exactly; but Clete wouldn't admit it.
Trophimus is a person that was left in Miletus sick.

I quoted the passage and you didn't even bother to read it.

Everything I've ever said, every single syllable of it is still here on this thread for the entire world to read.

God's Truth

Trophimus is a person that was left in Miletus sick.

I quoted the passage and you didn't even bother to read it.

Everything I've ever said, every single syllable of it is still here on this thread for the entire world to read.

Yeah we see it and it proves you are not speaking the truth.

God's Truth

I think it should be overlooked if there was a typo.

Not even then.

It was no typo though, since I asked him plainly who is Miletus and he wouldn't answer.

I don't deserve the way he speaks to me and others who read what he says should tell him so.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Not even then.

It was no typo though, since I asked him plainly who is Miletus and he wouldn't answer.

I don't deserve the way he speaks to me and others who read what he says should tell him so.

It was a typo and you know it, liar.