ECT JESUS IS GOD HIMSELF

betsy123

I've been quoting verses – many verses that show Jesus is God Himself, incarnated, to dwell among the people and to save mankind. I thought I'd exhausted everything......and yet, I still find more verses.

That message is consistent throughout - from the Old Testament to the New.

This thread is devoted to posting Scriptural evidences that Jesus is God Himself.
Its purpose is to offer a compilation of verses (and reason), for reference, that may also aid Christians who are involved in debates in other forums, showing just that: Jesus and God are One and the Same.

If anyone wishes to debate particular verses to the contrary - please create a separate thread for it.

Let me start with Genesis 1.

The concept of the Triune God is first introduced at the very first 3 statements in Genesis 1.

Genesis 1

The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
(The Father/Creator)

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (Holy Spirit)

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. (The WORD)

Take note that in every creation event, this phrase is used: GOD SAID.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.

God spoke His creation into existence.

That is explained in John 1:

John 1

The Word Became Flesh
(Jesus)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(They are One and the Same)

2 He was with God in the beginning.
(Of course. Because they're One and the Same!)

3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
(because Jesus was THE WORD in the beginning - God spoke the creation into existence)

betsy123

Rev 21

3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it,[j] for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.

Who do we know as the Alpha and the Omega? Revelation 22 clearly say it is Jesus.

God HIMSELF will be with them and be their God. Jesus (the Alpha and Omega) says that He will be the God of saved people who'll be in this new kingdom. Therefore, Jesus is God! That's so clearly stated!

betsy123

Isaiah 45

The Lord, the Only Savior

18 For thus says the Lord,
Who created the heavens,
Who is God,
Who formed the earth and made it,
Who has established it,
Who did not create it in vain,
Who formed it to be inhabited:
“I am the Lord, and there is no other.

21 Tell and bring forth your case;
Yes, let them take counsel together.
Who has declared this from ancient time?
Who has told it from that time?
Have not I, the Lord?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A just God and a Savior;
There is none besides Me.

22 “Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.

Jesus is also Lord, as declared in these verses:

Luke 2
11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Romans 10
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

1 Cor 8
6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

If there is only one Lord (Jesus)......how come God is also Lord?

If there is no other Lord beside God.....why does the Scripture say Jesus is also Lord?

If Jesus is the Saviour - why does God says He is?

betsy123

Still on Isaiah 45

22 “Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.

.....which very much is the very same thing that Jesus said of Himself.

John 5
39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

betsy123

Isaiah 44
There Is No Other God

6 “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.

The First and the Last (the Alpha and the Omega), is God.

Compare with Revelation:

Revelation 1:17-18

17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me,[a] “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Revelation 2:8
The Persecuted Church

8 “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write,

‘These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

The First and the Last, is consistently attributed to Jesus.

Aimiel

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. -- John 17:5

God shares His Glory with NO ONE. Jesus MUST be: GOD!!!

betsy123

Still on Isaiah 44.

Isaiah 44
There Is No Other God

6 “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.

All those titles by God are also carried by Jesus!

If Jesus carry the same Titles of God, and if God says there is no other God beside Him -

then, Jesus is God Himself!

betsy123

Isaiah 9

6 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Why is "Father" and "Mighty God" among His given names?
There is only one Father. Only one God.

betsy123

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. -- John 17:5

God shares His Glory with NO ONE. Jesus MUST be: GOD!!!

That's true! And if Jesus isn't God Himself - then, Jesus oversteps His boundaries and usurps the role of God!

betsy123

Isaiah 44
Judah Will Be Restored

24 Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,
And He who formed you from the womb:
“I am the Lord, who makes all things,
Who stretches out the heavens all alone,
Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;

Compare with:

John 1
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Colossians 1
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.

There is clearly a pattern: Things that are attributed to God, are attributed to Jesus.

betsy123

Colossians 1

John 4

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God is a spirit. God, therefore, is invisible. He cannot be seen.

Being an image of a spirit means, God can be seen because of Jesus - God incarnated, physically,
as man.

betsy123

John 8

Jesus' Claims About Himself

50 I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.”

54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.
55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word.

God wants glorification. He's the only God, and He wants to be glorified.
Therefore......why would Jesus claim that God glorifies Him?

Wouldn't that contradict this verse?

Isaiah 42
8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

betsy123

Isaiah 42
8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Not only does He identify Himself as The Lord (the same title given to Jesus)........but why would God give glory to the Son, if they're not One and the Same?

God says He isn't going to give glory to another.....why is Jesus claiming otherwise?

If you believe Jesus is not God....

......then, you're saying the Bible has contradictions......Jesus was just mouthing off nonsense......

.........and therefore, the Bible cannot be trusted.

betsy123

John 10

30 I and My Father are one.”

Renewed Efforts To stone Jesus

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

The Jews understood what He's claiming Himself to be.
He wasn't claiming to be from God, or, like God.

He was claiming, He is GOD!

betsy123

John 14

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip?
He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

That statement is quite consistent, an emphasis for this:

Colossians 1

As explained in post #11, God - being a spirit - is invisible.
God - as the human Jesus - is the human image of God. God is no longer invisible.

betsy123

Post #15 is also supported by this:

Philippians 2

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, being in the form of God,
did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

betsy123

Philippians 2

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, being in the form of God,
did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

There is only One God.

If line 6 above, refers to another God who's equal with God - then that would mean we have two Gods.
Will God contradict Himself? No.

There is only One God. And, we know He Himself, became man (is named Jesus), to redeem us.

Titus 2

13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

The fluidity of consistency is just overwhelming!

betsy123

Hebrews 1

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:
a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

The Son is referred to as God.

betsy123

Genesis 17

The Sign of the Covenant

17 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.

Rev 1

7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

Aimiel

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Here Scripture equates The Spirit of God and The Spirit of Christ.

They're ONE and The SAME!!!