ECT JESUS IS GOD HIMSELF

betsy123

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Here Scripture equates The Spirit of God and The Spirit of Christ.

They're ONE and The SAME!!!

Yes. That's from Romans 8. The first 3 sentences of Romans 8 also talks about Jesus and the Spirit as One.

Romans 8

Life Through the Spirit

8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba,[g] Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

The Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God - are One and the Same!

It's the Trinity!

betsy123

Still on Romans 8.

Romans 8

Life Through the Spirit

8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it.
13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Notice how on line 12 which begins with "THEREFORE.....," - which means, "for that reason" -
the verse now talks only of THE Spirit. Line 13. ONE SPIRIT from God and Jesus!

Thank you, Aimiel!

betsy123

God is the only One who can give forgiveness.

Matthew 6
9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.

Matthew 6
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Mark 11
25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

Luke 23
32 There were also two others, criminals, led with Him to be put to death. 33 And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on the right hand and the other on the left. 34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”

And yet, Jesus had forgiven sins.

Mark 2
Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralytic

2 And again He entered Capernaum after some days, and it was heard that He was in the house. 2 Immediately[a] many gathered together, so that there was no longer room to receive them, not even near the door. And He preached the word to them. 3 Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men. 4 And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying.

5 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you."

6 And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, 7 “Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

8 But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, “Why do you reason about these things in your hearts? 9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’? 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic, 11 “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 12 Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”

Luke 7
41 “There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?”

43 Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.”

And He said to him, “You have rightly judged.” 44 Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. 45 You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. 46 You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. 47 Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.”

48 Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

Take note too. Jesus had taken on the role of Father, by referring to the paralytic as "son.":

Mark 2
5 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you."

betsy123

Mark 2
5 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.”

Jesus didn't call the sinner, "brethren." He referred to the sinner as His son.
Clearly, when Jesus was forgiving sins - He was forgiving sins as God.

betsy123

John 20
Seeing and Believing

24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!”
27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

There is only One God.

Why would Thomas refer to Jesus as his God?

If Jesus is not God, why didn't He correct Thomas? Why did He leave Thomas believing He's God?

betsy123

It is important to believe that God and Jesus are One and the Same.....

.......otherwise, we run into the problem of Jesus - sharing the glory and limelight with God (all glory should be to God alone) - and Him (Jesus), sounding blasphemous and contradictory...... and therefore, without any credibility!

betsy123

Exodus 3 (KJV)

3 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.

2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

3:1-6 The angel of the Lord who appeared to Moses is identified as the God of thy father, the God of Abraham.....Isaac....Jacob. This is apparently the continuation of the manifestations of "the angel of the Lord" begun in Genesis 16:7. This one is more than just an angelic messenger from God.
Frequently he received the respect, worship and honor reserved only for God; yet He was consistently distinguished from God.

Note the references in Genesis 16:7-11; 21:17; 22:11-18; 24:7; 40; 31:11; 32:24-30; 48:15-16.
He carried an identity with God, yet He was also sent from Him!

The patriarchs may not have regarded Him as equivalent to Christophany, but it is sure that He was not the invisible God. And He acted and talked like the Lord.

****From The King James Study Bible

Christophany refers to the pre-incarnate appearance of Christ in the Old Testament.

betsy123

Another Christophany.....

Judges 13

2 A certain man of Zorah, named Manoah, from the clan of the Danites, had a wife who was childless, unable to give birth. 3 The angel of the Lord appeared to her and said, “You are barren and childless, but you are going to become pregnant and give birth to a son. 4 Now see to it that you drink no wine or other fermented drink and that you do not eat anything unclean. 5 You will become pregnant and have a son whose head is never to be touched by a razor because the boy is to be a Nazirite, dedicated to God from the womb. He will take the lead in delivering Israel from the hands of the Philistines.”

6 Then the woman went to her husband and told him, “A man of God came to me. He looked like an angel of God, very awesome. I didn’t ask him where he came from, and he didn’t tell me his name. 7 But he said to me, ‘You will become pregnant and have a son. Now then, drink no wine or other fermented drink and do not eat anything unclean, because the boy will be a Nazirite of God from the womb until the day of his death.’”

8 Then Manoah prayed to the Lord: “Pardon your servant, Lord. I beg you to let the man of God you sent to us come again to teach us how to bring up the boy who is to be born.”

9 God heard Manoah, and the angel of God came again to the woman while she was out in the field; but her husband Manoah was not with her. 10 The woman hurried to tell her husband, “He’s here! The man who appeared to me the other day!”

11 Manoah got up and followed his wife. When he came to the man, he said, “Are you the man who talked to my wife?”

“I am,” he said.

In answering Manoah’s question the Angel responds with what is almost certain to be a double entendre. Jesus often responded to others with the same double entendre of I am. The Gospel of John is famous for housing several of Jesus’ I am statements. For example, John 8:58:

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

The Greek for I am is quite different than for I was. The above is not a case of bad grammar but actually speaks to a profound truth.
The Greek behind I am is ego eimi which is used to identify with YHWH or I am who I am (Ex. 3:14). In fact, this revelation of God’s name came out of a similar circumstance when Moses asked the Angel of the LORD for His name (Ex. 3:2, 13-14). Jesus often used I am to identify Himself as YHWH. His audience clearly understood this as their response in this case was to find stones to throw at Him (John 8:59). In using I am the Angel of the LORD claimed to be YHWH in the same way that Christ often did.
http://appleeye.org/2014/03/13/the-wonderful-christophany-in-judges-13/

15 Manoah said to the angel of the Lord, “We would like you to stay until we prepare a young goat for you.”

16 The angel of the Lord replied, “Even though you detain me, I will not eat any of your food. But if you prepare a burnt offering, offer it to the Lord.” (Manoah did not realize that it was the angel of the Lord.)

17 Then Manoah inquired of the angel of the Lord, “What is your name, so that we may honor you when your word comes true?”

18 He replied, “Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding.

The ancient Hebrew language that the Old Testament was written in did not have vowels in its alphabet. In written form, ancient Hebrew was a consonant-only language. In the original Hebrew, God’s name transliterates to YHWH (sometimes written in the older style as YHVH). This is known as the tetragrammaton (meaning “four letters”). Because of the lack of vowels, Bible scholars debate how the tetragrammaton YHWH was pronounced.

Contrary to what some Christians believe (and at least one cult), Jehovah is not the Divine Name revealed to Israel.
The name Jehovah is a product of mixing different words and different alphabets of different languages.

Due to a fear of accidentally taking God’s name in vain (Leviticus 24:16), the Jews basically quit saying it out loud altogether. Instead, when reading Scripture aloud, the Jews substituted the tetragrammaton YHWH with the word Adonai (“Lord”). Even in the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Old Testament), the translators substituted Kurios (“Lord”) for the Divine Name. Eventually, the vowels from Adonai (“Lord”) or Elohim (“God”) found their way in between the consonants of YHWH, thus forming YaHWeH. But this interpolation of vowels does not mean that was how God’s name was originally pronounced. In fact, we aren’t entirely sure if YHWH should have two syllables or three.
https://www.gotquestions.org/YHWH-tetragrammaton.html

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You are seriously spamming this forum.

It is one thing to confess the Deity of Jesus Christ, but another thing to deny God in Three Persons (the Trinity).

Unfortunately, several of your posts are incorrect regarding this major Christian doctrine.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
He is the idol of the invisible god? the firstborn over all creation, in other words, there was when he was not.

Colossians 1:15 does not prove your idolatry.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Here Scripture equates The Spirit of God and The Spirit of Christ.

They're ONE and The SAME!!!

No, the scripture doesn't otherwise Christ wouldn't fully human. And the scripture clearly makes a distinction between spirits.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I've been quoting verses – many verses that show Jesus is God Himself, incarnated, to dwell among the people and to save mankind......

Yes, Jesus is God. That is Christian teaching for 2,000 years, and it is one of the unifying accepted teachings by all three branches of Christianity today, Protestant, Orthodox, and Catholic.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That's just it: He is fully human and He also is fully God. There's no distinction made. The verse states the The Spirit of God dwells in us, then calls that Spirit: "The Spirit of Christ."

Jesus Christ was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Distinct realities within the Triune Godhead, but one and the same Spirit.

“Oneness” and “Trinitarian” distinctions must simultaneously be confessed by the sons of God, for such is revealed in the Word of God, whether we can fully explain it all or not.

The just shall live by faith in the Word of God and must closely adhere to biblical truth alone.

betsy123

For those who have anything against the belief that Jesus is God Himself, please take note:

Here is what is explained in the OP:

I've been quoting verses – many verses that show Jesus is God Himself, incarnated, to dwell among the people and to save mankind. I thought I'd exhausted everything......and yet, I still find more verses.

That message is consistent throughout - from the Old Testament to the New.

This thread is devoted to posting Scriptural evidences that Jesus is God Himself.

Its purpose is to offer a compilation of verses (and reason), for reference,
that may also aid Christians who are involved in debates in other forums, showing just that: Jesus and God are One and the Same.

If anyone wishes to debate particular verses to the contrary - please create a separate thread for it.

------

If you have anything to debate, you should create your own thread.

betsy123

About forgiving.....

Mark 2
Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralyzed Man

2 A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. 2 They gathered in such large numbers that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. 3 Some men came, bringing to him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. 4 Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on. 5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? 9 Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? 10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, 11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” 12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”

Indeed, who can but God alone can forgive sins?
So.....by declaring the man's sins are forgiven, Jesus was claiming He is God.

Telling the man to pick up his mat and walk......... is, showing them the proof, that He is who He claims to be.

“I am trying to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: “I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.” That is the one thing we must not say.

A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic–on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg–or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse.

You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon; or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronising nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."

Now it seems to me obvious that He was neither a lunatic nor a fiend: and consequently, however strange or terrifying or unlikely it may seem, I have to accept the view that He was and is God."

(CS Lewis, Mere Christianity)

betsy123

Isaiah 43
I, even I, am the Lord,
and apart from me there is no savior.

Isaiah 44
“This is what the Lord says—
your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb

John 4
25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Anyone is capable of quoting the entire bible in the attempt to emphasize "Oneness" while failing to teach "Triune God."

So do Unitarians quite successfully.

There is such a thing as sin of ommission . . .

You will have my undying support if in the future you incorporate the Truth of three realities in the singular Godhead by massive biblical quotations that so assert!

:think:

betsy123

Anyone is capable of quoting the entire bible in the attempt to emphasize "Oneness" while failing to teach "Triune God."

So do Unitarians quite successfully.

There is such a thing as sin of ommission . . .

You will have my undying support if in the future you incorporate the Truth of three realities in the singular Godhead by massive biblical quotations that so assert!

:think:
:rolleyes:

Undying or not - I'm not after your support. Keep it!

Create your own thread about the Triune God. I'm not stopping you.
See the title?
This thread is about Jesus being God Himself.

betsy123

If we believe Jesus Christ is not God Himself, then it means..........

.......... the New Testament is filled with heretical teachings of Jesus Christ.

We can't say the Old Testament is the Word of God - and yet at the same time, believe that
Jesus is not God Himself.

We can't have it both ways.

How is that?

Exodus 20

And God spoke all these words, saying,

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God,

Don't we have the image of the CROSS -and don't we associate it with Jesus?

When we sing about the cross - whom are we singing about? JESUS CHRIST!
Therefore, we have made ourselves a carved image (symbolizing a man - who is made in the likeness of God in heaven above).

If the first Commandment forbids us to serve others, then why are we supposed to be serving Jesus Christ, if He's not God Himself??

That makes the apostles spreading heretical teachings....that makes the New Testament, heretical!
It goes against the very first Commandment - the most important Commandment of all.

Colosians 3
22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.
23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Romans 12
11 Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.

John 26

26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be.

Even the ritual of the Last Supper (in remembrance of Jesus Christ), takes on a whole new meaning too. It's about Jesus Christ - not God.

If He isn't God Himself, Jesus Christ contradicts the Bible. Jesus Christ also contradicts Himself.
That makes Him just another false prophet among many.

If we believe that He is not God Himself, whether we want to accept it or not........

...................... we commit idolatry in Jesus Christ.