ECT THE SIN THAT LEADS TO DEATH ?

God's Truth

The sin that leads to death is the rejection of Jesus Christ.

No because all are condemned until they come to Christ. Everyone is sentenced to death until they come to Christ.

There is a sin that leads to death, and that is a warning to Christians. A sin that leads to death is one the government can put you to death for doing.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No because all are condemned until they come to Christ. Everyone is sentenced to death until they come to Christ.

There is a sin that leads to death, and that is a warning to Christians. A sin that leads to death is one the government can put you to death for doing.

You have a false theology. The only sin that leads to death is the blasphemy of the Spirit which is total rejection of Jesus Christ as Savior.

God's Truth

You have a false theology. The only sin that leads to death is the blasphemy of the Spirit which is total rejection of Jesus Christ as Savior.

The Bible says there is a sin that leads to death.

The Bible says it to the saved.

So it is not to those who reject Jesus.

God's Truth

Would you quote it please.

1 John 5

13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

16If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. 17All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

See how in 13 it is to believers? See how we can ask anything. Then in 16 it confirms that it is about believers because it says any 'brother' or 'sister' who sins. Notice how it says if you SEE a brother sin? It doesn't say 'hear' a brother sin. It says pray and God will give them life.

It is about those whose sin does not lead to death, and how there is sin that does not lead to death.

So consider why we would pray for those whose sin does not lead to death and God will give them life, if their sin wasn't a sin unto death anyway? The person wasn't going to die, right? It sounds to me to be about a sick brother or sister that was witnessed committing a sin and is sick and wants to get better fast.

Compare to James 5:The Prayer of Faith

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

That is why I believe it is about a physical death.

Surely there are sins a believer might do and their Government sentence them to death. I believe that means not to pray that they do not be put to death since it is a sin that leads to death.

I enjoy discussing things of God with others, so if you would like to give more information about why you believe differently then I would like to hear it.

God's Truth

Bright Raven

I have to go for now, but want to also bring up to you how many people who got sick and died after doing wrong during the Lord's supper.

They did a sin leading to death.

Does it mean they are sent to hell? I don't think so.

Well that is another reason why I believe it is about a physical death.

The unforgivable sin doesn't automatically cause someone to die, right?

I would like to discuss this more with you later.

God's Truth

Remember John is a Jewish apostle and Jesus told his apostles to do what the Pharisees said to do because the temple was still standing and the Pharisees and teachers of the law enforced the law.

The Pharisees and teachers of the law governed the Jews and would put to death people for sins committed that required death.

So let''s say a believer sees his brother in Christ commit a sin that leads to death---per old law regulations---one then should not pray he not be put to death.

That works for Gentiles too, of course, even though they are not under the law, but we are all required to obey the law of our Government.

There is also an added consideration here, and that is how there is a connection to sin and sickness and being forgiven and healed; that would make another good discussion.

Remember how the people who didn't properly engage in the Lord's supper got sick and died.

Remember too how Ananias and Sapphira lied about the money and they dropped dead.

I believe that during the laying of the foundation, God was real strict at times to teach what to do and not to do.

Last edited:

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 11

Correcting an Abuse of the Lord’s Supper

17In the following directives I have no praise for you, for your meetings do more harm than good. 18In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it. 19No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God’s approval. 20So then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat, 21for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!

23For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

27So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment. 32Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world.

33So then, my brothers and sisters, when you gather to eat, you should all eat together. 34Anyone who is hungry should eat something at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment.

And when I come I will give further directions.

We can see from these scriptures that believers got sick and some have died from their sickness. From the scriptures we can see that what they did not result in the ultimate sin of blasphemy, but they are being disciplined, some even unto death.

I do believe the New Testament times are special times, the foundation being laid, and there were some strict consequences, because people were watching and learning. It might seem too tough to hear, but from their discipline, we can see the importance of obedience.

We can compare the above scriptures to that of the time of Moses and the giving of the old law. Aaron's two sons were killed because they added things to God's commandments.

God's Truth

So when someone says the sin leading to death is the ultimate sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, we can see that it is not what the scriptures are saying.

God's Truth

There are a lot of people who are afraid they did the ultimate sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Those afraid that they did that, probably did not, because someone blaspheming in such a way are the kind of person who would never see it, or even worry about it.