ECT THE SIN THAT LEADS TO DEATH ?

God's Truth

What is sin leading to death?

1 John 5:16-17 NASB
16 If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this.
17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not leading to death.​

Can we pray for believers or non-believers who commit sin leading to death?

Sin leading to death are the sins that some people are put to death for by their Government.

ttruscott

ALL sin leads to the experience of a bodily death where the spirit leaves the body. One sin, the unforgivable sin, rejecting to put one's faith in YHWH because of the commited belief HE is a false god and a liar, leads to eternal death, ie, a spiritual death where the spirit leaves GOD's presence for ever.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sin leading to death are the sins that some people are put to death for by their Government.

Would it be Israel with the Law of Moses or would it be the governing authorities of other nations or of another nation? The Gentiles or Gentile nations?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
ALL sin leads to the experience of a bodily death where the spirit leaves the body. One sin, the unforgivable sin, rejecting to put one's faith in YHWH because of the commited belief HE is a false god and a liar, leads to eternal death, ie, a spiritual death where the spirit leaves GOD's presence for ever.

I urge you to reconsider, because I don't relate to your post. But there are many things that I do not understand.

God's Truth

Would it be Israel with the Law of Moses or would it be the governing authorities of other nations or of another nation? The Gentiles or Gentile nations?

It is about any nation who arrests you and puts you to jail and puts you to death for a crime.

As Christians, we are not to pray about not being put to death for a crime that our Government puts people to death for.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is about any nation who arrests you and puts you to jail and puts you to death for a crime.

As Christians, we are not to pray about not being put to death for a crime that our Government puts people to death for.

God's Law, the Law of Moses, is just. In our nation, the United States of America, we have this from God's dealing with Israel and the Gentiles or the world, and our laws which are man's laws and should also be just. I do not know that they are not, but we have the governing authorities to respect. I don't know what you might be thinking, and I don't have a made up scenario. If the government puts people to death for an unjust reason we can say that it is not just. Innocent people therefore die (abortion). But what are you thinking, if you can share? Because I would need to know what it is. However, respecting the governing authorities, if they act according to God's will, then should we not pray a person would be forgiven their sin? Or must they repent, perhaps first? Can they be forgiven, or will they not be forgiven? Thanks.

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

God's Law, the Law of Moses, is just. In our nation, the United States of America, we have this from God's dealing with Israel and the Gentiles or the world, and our laws which are man's laws and should also be just. I do not know that they are not, but we have the governing authorities to respect. I don't know what you might be thinking, and I don't have a made up scenario. If the government puts people to death for an unjust reason we can say that it is not just. Innocent people therefore die (abortion). But what are you thinking, if you can share? Because I would need to know what it is. However, respecting the governing authorities, if they act according to God's will, then should we not pray a person would be forgiven their sin? Or must they repent, perhaps first? Can they be forgiven, or will they not be forgiven? Thanks.

Shalom.

Jacob

The scripture we were talking about is about forgiveness of sin and the person not dying, and how there is a sin that leads to death and not to pray about that.

There is a sin that leads to death. That is about a Christian sins and commits a crime and is going to be put to death for it not to pray that the person will not be put to death.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The scripture we were talking about is about forgiveness of sin and the person not dying, and how there is a sin that leads to death and not to pray about that.

There is a sin that leads to death. That is about a Christian sins and commits a crime and is going to be put to death for it not to pray that the person will not be put to death.
Your paragraphs sound different. Like you are taking different interpretations. Is that true?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If so if a person repents we should pray for them that they would be healed, (?forgiven their sin).

Not quite my point . . .

When God forgives and justifies a sinner, they are granted repentance from God. Repentance is evidence of forgiveness. And the Christian prays for all blessings upon such souls.

However, when a Christian observes an unrepentant person, in continual enmity against God the Holy Spirit through deliberate rejection of the gospel message, they are to realize such unbelief will be the sure death of that person.

I believe I John 5:16-19 coincides with Matthew 12:31-32; 16:19.

betsy123

What is sin leading to death?

1 John 5:16-17 NASB
16 If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this.
17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not leading to death.​

Can we pray for believers or non-believers who commit sin leading to death?

I think - imho - we can pray that they turn away from the sin and ask for forgiveness, and be strengthened (believers); Thinking of Jesus praying for Peter.

Luke 22
31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat.
32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

We pray for non-believers that they seek God and find salvation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not quite my point . . .

When God forgives and justifies a sinner, they are granted repentance from God. Repentance is evidence of forgiveness. And the Christian prays for all blessings upon such souls.

However, when a Christian observes an unrepentant person, in continual enmity against God the Holy Spirit through deliberate rejection of the gospel message, they are to realize such unbelief will be the sure death of that person.

I believe I John 5:16-19 coincides with Matthew 12:31-32; 16:19.
It is true that the Gentiles were granted repentance, but when a person repents then they are forgiven.

Acts 11:18 NASB 18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance [that leads] to life."​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think - imho - we can pray that they turn away from the sin and ask for forgiveness, and be strengthened (believers); Thinking of Jesus praying for Peter.

Luke 22
31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat.
32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

We pray for non-believers that they seek God and find salvation.

It sounds like you believe that we can pray for believers and non-believers both.