ECT THE SIN THAT LEADS TO DEATH ?

Truster

Some things are right and true.

"The words of Yah Veh are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times". Only His words are right, true and holy. His words are true and those that hold not the truth in love are sent a powerful delusion. It is made obvious to the regenerate who those people are by the manner in which they deal with and abuse the blessed truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"The words of Yah Veh are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times". Only His words are right, true and holy. His words are true and those that hold not the truth in love are sent a powerful delusion. It is made obvious to the regenerate who those people are by the manner in which they deal with and abuse the blessed truth.

When I read about truth in the Bible, and the word of truth and the God of truth, I do realize that I can use the word truth without quoting the Bible.

Truster

When I read about truth in the Bible, and the word of truth and the God of truth, I do realize that I can use the word truth without quoting the Bible.

You seem confused between absolute truth and what humanity describes as true.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You seem confused between absolute truth and what humanity describes as true.

Absolute truth is a philosophical idea, perhaps relative to other things. I have accepted Jesus in my life so I don't need to depend upon philosophy. In philosophy people ask questions, and whether we are in philosophy or not we should have answers for them.

Absolute truth is different from relative truth. Objective truth is different from subjective truth.

bibleverse2

Truth is an absolute certainty that is known inwardly.

But note that Christian faith must not be based solely on heart feelings, which can be very deceptive (Jeremiah 17:9, Proverbs 28:26, Proverbs 14:12), but must also be a rational/intellectual enterprise. For saving faith requires mental assent (Philippians 3:15-16, Romans 12:2; 2 Corinthians 4:4; 2 Timothy 2:25, Romans 8:6) to Biblical doctrine (2 Timothy 3:16 to 4:4; 1 Timothy 4:16; 2 John 1:9-10; 1 Timothy 6:3, Titus 1:9) and continuing to remember that doctrine (1 Corinthians 15:2; 2 Peter 3:1-2; 2 Corinthians 11:3).

For example, for people to be saved from hell, they must believe (and continue to believe to the end: Hebrews 3:6,12,14, Colossians 1:23; 1 Corinthians 15:2) the Biblical doctrine that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ and the human/divine Son of God (John 20:31, John 3:36, 1 John 2:23), and that He suffered and died on the Cross for our sins and physically resurrected from the dead on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Luke 24:39,46-47, Matthew 20:19, Matthew 26:28).

bibleverse2

"The words of Yah Veh are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times". Only His words are right, true and holy. His words are true and those that hold not the truth in love are sent a powerful delusion.

That brought to mind:

2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Note that this is in the context of the future Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:8-9), who will have a False Prophet who will work amazing miracles (2 Thessalonians 2:9b) by which people will be deceived (Revelation 13:12-14, Revelation 19:20, cf. Matthew 24:24). And God will send strong delusion on unrepentant people so that they will believe "the" lie (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12; in the original Greek, there is a "the" before "lie"), which could be the antichrist lie which has been around since the first century AD (2 John 1:7; 1 John 4:3; 2 Thessalonians 2:7a) and which in our future will deceive people into consciously and openly worshipping both Lucifer (Satan, the dragon) and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast") (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9), the man of sin (2 Thessalonians 2:3-9), as God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). The antichrist lie denies that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22), denies that Jesus is the human/divine Son of God (1 John 2:22b), and denies that Christ is in the flesh (2 John 1:7), which denial is one of the key doctrines of Gnosticism.

bibleverse2

I have accepted Jesus in my life so I don't need to depend upon philosophy . . .

Absolute truth is different from relative truth.

Amen (Colossians 2:8).

People who know that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ and the human/divine Son of God, and who believe that the entire Bible is from God, know the absolute truth (John 14:6, John 20:31; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; 2 Timothy 3:15 to 4:4), whereas people who reject Jesus Christ and the Bible are deluded, and taken captive spiritually by Satan (2 Timothy 2:26; 2 Corinthians 4:4, Revelation 12:9), no matter how right and practically-good their current, false religion or atheism may seem to them (Proverbs 14:12, Proverbs 28:26, Jeremiah 17:9). If they do not get saved by becoming Biblical Christians, then they will end up in eternal suffering in the lake of fire and brimstone, along with Satan and his fallen angels (Matthew 25:41,46, Revelation 20:10,15, Revelation 14:10-11, Mark 9:45b-46).

Also, it should be pointed out that when Christians are granted God's miraculous gift of faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8, John 6:65; 1 Corinthians 3:5b), they do not abandon reason/logic, but also accept God's reason/logic, which is far more excellent than human reason/logic on its own (Isaiah 55:8-9, Isaiah 1:18; 1 Corinthians 2:4-5,12-16). Human reason/logic (human wisdom) on its own is infinitesimal (cf. Isaiah 40:17) and foolishness compared with God's reason/logic (God's wisdom). And yet human wisdom on its own is so proud that it considers God's wisdom to be foolishness (1 Corinthians 1:18-21; 1 Corinthians 2:14).

Human reason/logic can convince people that they are on the right path, when in fact they are not (Proverbs 14:12, Proverbs 16:25). For example, Hitler and his tens of millions of followers were convinced that their reason/logic had placed them on the right path, when in fact all it did is place them and millions of others on the path of an early death. That is, not only did it result in the slaughter of millions of Nazi soldiers and civilians, but also millions of Jews and others in the Holocaust, and all of the tens of millions of other non-Nazi people who died in the battles and bombings during World War II. Similarly, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot thought that their atheistic reason/logic had placed them and their nations on the right path, when in fact all it did is result in the horrible suffering and early death of millions of their own people.

And the atheistic Chinese Communist Party is now tyrannizing the precious Chinese People, and will lead them into utter ruin.

May God help the People.

DAN P

What is sin leading to death?

1 John 5:16-17 NASB
16 If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this.
17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not leading to death.​

Can we pray for believers or non-believers who commit sin leading to death?

Hi and I say that 1 John 5:16 , 17 do not apply to the Body of Christ !!

During the ministry of Paul and written in 1 Cor 5:5 we have the PERFECT EXAMPLE of the sin unto DEATH !!

In verse one , one having sex of his father !!

In verse 2 , are PUFFED UP and refuse to remove that son from the assembly !!

In verse 3 Paul shows HOW MUCH AUTHORITY Paul had as in being chosen by Christ !!

In verse 5 sentences that son , by delivering him to SATAN for the DEATH OF THE FLESH !!

Is that person saved , I believe so , and Paul writes on , in order that the spirit MAY BE SAVED , in the DAY OF THE LORD , and read Phil 1:6 !!

The main reason to boot this son out is explained in verse 6 as a little SIN CORRUPTS THE WHOLE ASSEMBLY !!

dan p

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Amen (Colossians 2:8).

People who know that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ and the human/divine Son of God, and who believe that the entire Bible is from God, know the absolute truth (John 14:6, John 20:31; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; 2 Timothy 3:15 to 4:4), whereas people who reject Jesus Christ and the Bible are deluded, and taken captive spiritually by Satan (2 Timothy 2:26; 2 Corinthians 4:4, Revelation 12:9), no matter how right and practically-good their current, false religion or atheism may seem to them (Proverbs 14:12, Proverbs 28:26, Jeremiah 17:9). If they do not get saved by becoming Biblical Christians, then they will end up in eternal suffering in the lake of fire and brimstone, along with Satan and his fallen angels (Matthew 25:41,46, Revelation 20:10,15, Revelation 14:10-11, Mark 9:45b-46).

Also, it should be pointed out that when Christians are granted God's miraculous gift of faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8, John 6:65; 1 Corinthians 3:5b), they do not abandon reason/logic, but also accept God's reason/logic, which is far more excellent than human reason/logic on its own (Isaiah 55:8-9, Isaiah 1:18; 1 Corinthians 2:4-5,12-16). Human reason/logic (human wisdom) on its own is infinitesimal (cf. Isaiah 40:17) and foolishness compared with God's reason/logic (God's wisdom). And yet human wisdom on its own is so proud that it considers God's wisdom to be foolishness (1 Corinthians 1:18-21; 1 Corinthians 2:14).

Human reason/logic can convince people that they are on the right path, when in fact they are not (Proverbs 14:12, Proverbs 16:25). For example, Hitler and his tens of millions of followers were convinced that their reason/logic had placed them on the right path, when in fact all it did is place them and millions of others on the path of an early death. That is, not only did it result in the slaughter of millions of Nazi soldiers and civilians, but also millions of Jews and others in the Holocaust, and all of the tens of millions of other non-Nazi people who died in the battles and bombings during World War II. Similarly, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot thought that their atheistic reason/logic had placed them and their nations on the right path, when in fact all it did is result in the horrible suffering and early death of millions of their own people.

And the atheistic Chinese Communist Party is now tyrannizing the precious Chinese People, and will lead them into utter ruin.

May God help the People.
Good post.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi and I say that 1 John 5:16 , 17 do not apply to the Body of Christ !!

During the ministry of Paul and written in 1 Cor 5:5 we have the PERFECT EXAMPLE of the sin unto DEATH !!

In verse one , one having sex of his father !!

In verse 2 , are PUFFED UP and refuse to remove that son from the assembly !!

In verse 3 Paul shows HOW MUCH AUTHORITY Paul had as in being chosen by Christ !!

In verse 5 sentences that son , by delivering him to SATAN for the DEATH OF THE FLESH !!

Is that person saved , I believe so , and Paul writes on , in order that the spirit MAY BE SAVED , in the DAY OF THE LORD , and read Phil 1:6 !!

The main reason to boot this son out is explained in verse 6 as a little SIN CORRUPTS THE WHOLE ASSEMBLY !!

dan p
I thought it said with his father's wife.